A Sharman, a Witch Doctor and a Priest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sharman, a Witch Doctor and a Priest

No they don’t walk into a bar but we need either one of them or all of them to come into the shed and exorcise, or remove the curse or evil spell that has befallen in our club.

This is crazy! I know that we are not alone but in saying that, Newcastle has had similar injury issues and the link here is to us too with Pearce, Watson and even Guerra in the past.

We all know league is a dangerous contact sport where you are bound to get injured usually due to the intent of the opposition player, but we are getting serious injuries from innocuous incidents, what’s doing?

Now, we need help! Will gumtree have Shamans or Witch doctors? This has to stop!

I think you mean a Shaman? Not Dave Sharman the UK guitarist?

St George had similar issues and in 2010 Wayne Bennett arranged for a traditional Indigenous cleansing ceremony prior to season kickoff:

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...rst-nrl-crown/

It's been a shitty week for injuries/illness for the fans too!

Like I said the other day, the little dog across the hallway from me passed away on Monday, I have some terrible cold I've not been able to shake even though I never go out much, work from home and don't drink alcohol/eat meat/wheat and exercise daily. The young guy downstairs from me cut his hand (he's a butcher and a Roosters fan) and has been unable to go to work.

Amanda Keller tripped on the set of The Living Room this week and tore an arm ligament. She's a Roosters fan too and lives in the east (I refuse to believe that Coogee is a suburb of South Sydney)

I'll get out my trusty circle of crystals and see what I can do. It's infecting the whole of the eastern suburbs..

I still think the team will be ok as we can soldier on with the players we do have available. I haven't seen the game yet as I went to bed early but I'll watch it today on NRL.com.

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

now we only have 20 players in our group available each week instaed of 30. so can we now get some relaxation from the nrl and bring up a few other guys.
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I get where you're coming from ROC181 - stranger things under heaven and earth. Someone needs to sage the joint for good measure.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
          I get where you're coming from ROC181 - stranger things under heaven and earth. Someone needs to sage the joint for good measure.
          See, you understand what I mean. Us Lone Roosters in our families need to stick together in THIS roosters family.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

See, you understand what I mean. Us Lone Roosters in our families need to stick together in THIS roosters family.
            Amen sister Rooster.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The injury tide has to turn eventually, surely. I cannot recall anything like it in 35 years of following this team. Surely it is not just bad karma for winning the back to back premierships.
              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
                The injury tide has to turn eventually, surely. I cannot recall anything like it in 35 years of following this team. Surely it is not just bad karma for winning the back to back premierships.
                Bad karma only happens if you do something wrong to someone else. Winning back to back premierships fair and square without cheating, stealing or rorting is not bad karma. Fans of other clubs may say otherwise..

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

Amen sister Rooster.
                  Right back at you Brother Rooster

Comment

Didn't the Roosters have a club chaplain at one stage? I think when sticky was coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                      Didn't the Roosters have a club chaplain at one stage? I think when sticky was coach.
                      It goes back as far as when Jack Gibson was coach and he used to make personal donations to the chaplain's church to cover his costs.

Comment

Bad karma only happens if you do something wrong to someone else. Winning back to back premierships fair and square without cheating, stealing or rorting is not bad karma. Fans of other clubs may say otherwise..
                        Vermin should be buggered then but unfortunately in the real world from what I have noticed those who screw the others over first wins. Unfortunately or fortunately I always come second

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Vermin should be buggered then but unfortunately in the real world from what I have noticed those who screw the others over first wins. Unfortunately or fortunately I always come second
                          Karma always comes back even if we are not privy to the outcome straight away.

It sometimes takes a very long time but what goes around comes around, sometimes 3 times. That's why I always say be kinder than necessary because we can't always see or feel the pain of what others are going through. Do the right thing and the right thing will be done to you.

Comment

Karma always comes back even if we are not privy to the outcome straight away.

It sometimes takes a very long time but what goes around comes around, sometimes 3 times. That's why I always say be kinder than necessary because we can't always see or feel the pain of what others are going through. Do the right thing and the right thing will be done to you.
                            My saying is you never know what goes on behind closed doors so be tolerant of what others may be going though that we don't know .Sometimes people's behaviour or mood is because of illness or stress caused by matters only few know about

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

My saying is you never know what goes on behind closed doors so be tolerant of what others may be going though that we don't know .Sometimes people's behaviour or mood is because of illness or stress caused by matters only few know about
                              Exactly. I help a work colleague who has a disability that very few know of as his previous manager trusted me to look out for him and take his video calls as we all work from home and he knows I'll treat him with kindness, patience and empathy. The fact that we both like to bag out Souths is just an added bonus to our work days..

Comment

Working...
                              X