Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is everybody saying Pereira wasn't sent off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everybody saying Pereira wasn't sent off?

What's the deal? The dude next to me at the game was like 'Pereira shoulda been sent off' and I sorta shrugged it off coz I knew he'd been binned.

However, I've now read a few comments on here and nrl.com articles saying he wasn't sent off?

As I saw it...
    - He did the hit and Teddy was flat on the ground while play continued (we were looking like scoring a try so I feel they allowed play to go on because he was nowhere near the ball and we had advantage).
    - When we got close to scoring but it was a change-over, the video footage did a replay of the hot on Teddy, the ref called Pereira over and he was like 'you're on report and you're going to the bin'.
    - We then scored two tries while his wing was vacant.

What's the deal there? Did he do another shyte tackle after it or something (or was somebody else with shyte tats sent off for something?) Either way, he definitely god binned so I dunno why people are talking about him not getting binned since he was binned and we got to use our 18th man (I thought all the right things were done).

Also, why was Marschke sent off? (Seemed a bit random).

People are saying 10 minutes wasn’t enough and that he should of been sent off for the rest of the game.

Comment

He got sent to the bin when he should have been sent off like Hetherington got done last week by Klown, thus the saints not being penalised for the whole game. As Robbo said, We were penalised because we lost more by having our best player illegally taken out of the game. The saints were only penalised for 10 minutes though according to Freddy, he actually didn't do his 10 minutes off the game because of a mix up with the game clock. Where's the confusion?

Marschke got binned because when Hutch got tripped as he was going to score, the ball rolled out of touch and the saints player picked it up to do a quick play from the 20, but Marschke did a quick grab of him preventing a quick play thus Klown calling it a professional foul. Pretty lame sin bin.
      Last edited by ROC181; 04-26-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
        Marschke got binned because when Hutch got tripped as he was going to score, the ball rolled out of touch and the saints player picked it up to do a quick play from the 20, but Marschke did a quick grab of him preventing a quick play thus Klown calling it a professional foul. Pretty lame sin bin.
        Marshke clearly thought the ball had not gone dead and that the St George player was trying to escape the in-goal. But, in Klein's view, this was the equivalent of knocking out the Roosters best player through a late head high tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
          He got sent to the bin when he should have been sent off like Hetherington got done last week by Klown, thus the saints not being penalised for the whole game. As Robbo said, We were penalised because we lost more by having our best player illegally taken out of the game. The saints were only penalised for 10 minutes though according to Freddy, he actually didn't do his 10 minutes off the game because of a mix up with the game clock. Where's the confusion?

Thanks for that summary, that all makes sense!

Didn't realise there was an option to send them off for the game.

Comment

No sure if he should have been sent off instead of only binned as it looked like the Dragons player was trying to do a ball and all tackle and Tedesco was kind of like stumbling and falling when passing the ball - yes he hit him high no doubt - the old days the judiciary would take that into account and also the arm hitting the shoulder and bouncing up and hitting the head as contributing factors.

Nowadays there is none of that - hit someone in the head and your penalised/ on report or charged by the MRC bur rarely sent off - Not sure how you can stop your arm from moving from first contact with the shoulder and then it hitting a players head though.

Looks like they will be reviewing the judiciary at seasons end - so maybe more sin bins send offs next year ? - people will jump up and down though when a player is sent off and later exonerated at the judiciary though - be more calls to change it again.

Yeh Benny M was binned for a Professional foul by touching the Dragons players and in the refs opinion interfering with the Dragons player attempting a quick tap restart - interesting that something similar happened in the Riff vs Knights game i think - but no sin bin then as the ball was out of play-dead in goal and not made dead in goal- With Benny M's one the ball was made dead in goal by a Dragons player- It's a technical ruling it seems

Usually the ref stops the 20 metre quick restart as players are still getting back on side - the interesting thing though was the ref's call of don't touch him was simultaneous with Benny M touching the Dragons player not before.

As ROC181 posted Benny M may have been unaware the ball was made dead and was attempting a tackle.

10 minutes for that the same as the high tackle - mmm we have a problem Houston

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-new...d-d9dd9475a0bd

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-26-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Because it was a swinging arm to the jaw... We lost our best player for 50 minutes, while they only lost an average winger for 10. They definitely had the net gain, yet were the team responsible.

That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Thanks for that summary, that all makes sense!

Didn't realise there was an option to send them off for the game.
                When the ref puts 10 fingers in the air, it’s 10 in the bin.
                When the ref points to the sheds, you’re sent off not to return.
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                  When the ref puts 10 fingers in the air, it’s 10 in the bin.
                  When the ref points to the sheds, you’re sent off not to return.
                  what if the ref has less than 10 fingers?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    No sure if he should have been sent off instead of only binned as it looked like the Dragons player was trying to do a ball and all tackle and Tedesco was kind of like stumbling and falling when passing the ball - yes he hit him high no doubt - the old days the judiciary would take that into account and also the arm hitting the shoulder and bouncing up and hitting the head as contributing factors.

Nowadays there is none of that - hit someone in the head and your penalised/ on report or charged by the MRC bur rarely sent off - Not sure how you can stop your arm from moving from first contact with the shoulder and then it hitting a players head though.

Looks like they will be reviewing the judiciary at seasons end - so maybe more sin bins send offs next year ? - people will jump up and down though when a player is sent off and later exonerated at the judiciary though - be more calls to change it again.

Yeh Benny M was binned for a Professional foul by touching the Dragons players and in the refs opinion interfering with the Dragons player attempting a quick tap restart - interesting that something similar happened in the Riff vs Knights game i think - but no sin bin then as the ball was out of play-dead in goal and not made dead in goal- With Benny M's one the ball was made dead in goal by a Dragons player- It's a technical ruling it seems

Usually the ref stops the 20 metre quick restart as players are still getting back on side - the interesting thing though was the ref's call of don't touch him was simultaneous with Benny M touching the Dragons player not before.

As ROC181 posted Benny M may have been unaware the ball was made dead and was attempting a tackle.

10 minutes for that the same as the high tackle - mmm we have a problem Houston

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-new...d-d9dd9475a0bd

I agree, don’t think it should of been a send off, these things happen quickly, the tackler didn’t aim high, unfortunately we lost Teddy, but I don’t think it was an intended dirty tackle.

Comment

Give me a pair of pliers and I can arrange that for Klein. (Just kidding).

Comment

Five fingered discount man..

Comment

Hetherington was sent off last week for the Bulldogs by Ahsley Klein for a swinging arm. The same referee sin-binned Pereira for an action that was worse.

All we ask for is consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I agree, don’t think it should of been a send off, these things happen quickly, the tackler didn’t aim high, unfortunately we lost Teddy, but I don’t think it was an intended dirty tackle.
                            I dunno the threshold but my read of it was that a reserve-grade winger got stepped by a world class FB, then instinctively tried to still make the tackle by having a careless, last ditch grab at him (rather than just giving up and letting him go).

It was careless but it wasn't a dog move with malice involved. It was just a really shyte attempt to tackle him that ended up having a nasty result. He must learn not to wildly swing his arm around after getting stepped. However (for example) I woulda felt ripped off if Radley had been sent off for the rest of the game against the Drizz and I don't wanna come down too hard on this deadbeat coz I'm 100% certain we'll be in a similar situation some time and opposition fans will be howling for somebody to be sent off for good over some minor, careless BS like this. 10 Minutes against 12 + the ability to use our 18th man (who was fortunately a back in this case) worked well IMO.

Comment

Amazing how people see things differently.
                              I thought it was a swinging arm that he could have easily pulled out of or at minimum just make a last ditch grab. The ball had left Teddy but he continued full hog with the tackle. It may not have been intentionally high but there are players who hit players late knowingly and happy to concede a penalty if caught. This one went wrong and he should have paid the full price. It's the risk you take.
                              Send off for mine.
                              And with the media hype around Trell's 4 weeks I expect he will also cop the same fate.

Comment

Working...
                              X