• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hutch also gives me Nick Foles vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
      Great another Hutch thread.
      He is filling in well but in the thread where we commented on whether we could win the comp this year many said No.
      If Keary was in his place then I doubt anyone would say No. So 5/8 is our only weak link.
      I have always said we could win the comp without Keary but we can't win it with Hutch or Lam at 5/8.
      The unknown of Keighran at 5/8 gave me hope but since the announcement of TJ coming I have greater hope. But it is only hope as they are both unknowns.
      The known facts of Hutch and Lam at 5/8 gives me no hope at all. Both make repeated mistakes in a key position. Neither have the playmaking skills nor pace required in that position. They are foils and that is all they will ever be. The truth may upset some. Some may even put up some muppet videos.

Run at me.

EDIT: I will add those who have said we should use this year to give the young guys experience are off their head. And I am glad our coach and chairperson don't think that way. We are not a rebuilding club. We always look at adding more floors.
      Lol so your vids are ok but a response is not .Man your a one sided

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Lol so your vids are ok but a response is not .Man your a one sided
        Stop taking things so personally mate. It is a forum. You make your opinion and some people don't agree. I make mine and those with NFI also don't agree.
        Try and add a little bit of light humour and it is a great forum. We all want the best for our team and comment on where each of us think we can get improvement. It's not like the players come in here and cry at a negative comment made about them.
        We all love our players and would all take a selfie with any of them we meet at a game or in the street. Even Hutch and Lam.
        Lighten up mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

Which makes for an interesting combo next year. Would Keary be a good foil for Walker and vice versa?. Both willing but smaller bodies, and both more of a running, off the cuff type playmakers?
          Verrills Walker Keary. Just the thought of it makes me feel like spanking the monkey!!!

Comment

1. Teddy
            6. Keary
            7. Walker
            9. Verrills

Unstoppable!

Comment

Hutch is rated by Gould and Johns and as Gould was saying a couple of bad injuries including an ACL derailed his NRL career and he went over the SL to resurrect it -Came back and could well have left a number of times as he had better offers from other teams but has stayed on a year by year deal.

Played NSW Under 20's and Junior Roos keeping Munster on the bench and even Captaining a few of those sides so obviously was rated.

Certainly an NRL standard player and fits in well in the team and does the job Robbo i assume wants him to do.

When Lam comes back Hutch should keep his spot and Lam would need to fight for it or be a candidate for number 14 in my view even if i rate Lam as well.

Benny M has done a good job too but i assume when Lam and Lussick come back he will go back to the Bears? - certainly someone to consider going forward in 2022 - usually teams have 3 hookers on the books- so Verrills/Lussick and Benny M would be a good combo to have in the 30. Begs the question do they need to sign PJP?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                Hutch is rated by Gould and Johns and as Gould was saying a couple of bad injuries including an ACL derailed his NRL career and he went over the SL to resurrect it -Came back and could well have left a number of times as he had better offers from other teams but has stayed on a year by year deal.

Played NSW Under 20's and Junior Roos keeping Munster on the bench and even Captaining a few of those sides so obviously was rated.

Certainly an NRL standard player and fits in well in the team and does the job Robbo i assume wants him to do.

When Lam comes back Hutch should keep his spot and Lam would need to fight for it or be a candidate for number 14 in my view even if i rate Lam as well.

Benny M has done a good job too but i assume when Lam and Lussick come back he will go back to the Bears? - certainly someone to consider going forward in 2022 - usually teams have 3 hookers on the books- so Verrills/Lussick and Benny M would be a good combo to have in the 30. Begs the question do they need to sign PJP?

Well we will find out if TJP is signed whether Robbo thinks he will automatically jump ahead of Hutch, Lam and Ben.
                If he does then it says a lot about where they all rank in Robbo's eyes.
                But then again you have never been a fan of Robbo's recruitment policy. Why did we replace Pearce with Cronk and why did we replace Flano with Walker?
                I trust our three times winning coach's judgement.

Comment

I love Hutch, runs in slow motion sometimes that I have to check to make sure Kayo isn't running at x0.5 speed but is all heart.

Does seem to look gassed after 5mins even more than Guerra used to also.

I'm really enjoying watching the boys this year with zero expectations.

Comment

Great another Hutch thread.
                    He is filling in well but in the thread where we commented on whether we could win the comp this year many said No.
                    If Keary was in his place then I doubt anyone would say No. So 5/8 is our only weak link.
                    I have always said we could win the comp without Keary but we can't win it with Hutch or Lam at 5/8.
                    The unknown of Keighran at 5/8 gave me hope but since the announcement of TJ coming I have greater hope. But it is only hope as they are both unknowns.
                    The known facts of Hutch and Lam at 5/8 gives me no hope at all. Both make repeated mistakes in a key position. Neither have the playmaking skills nor pace required in that position. They are foils and that is all they will ever be. The truth may upset some. Some may even put up some muppet videos.

Run at me.

EDIT: I will add those who have said we should use this year to give the young guys experience are off their head. And I am glad our coach and chairperson don't think that way. We are not a rebuilding club. We always look at adding more floors.
                    The Chooks may as well inform the NRL that without Keary they can't win the comp so they will withdraw from this years comp and return only when Keary is available to play again as that will be when they are a chance of winning.

Halves don't have to be fast over 100 metres - 20 to 30 or so metres tops and Hutch is linking well in attack as well as having a few runs himself in games and has a good kicking game and good defence.

Don't you think the opposition would heavily mark Keary and limit his impact in a game or maybe you think they will just allow him to run the ball at will. If your season hinges on one player then your not going to have a successful season one would say.

Not sure about people's obsession with Keighran when he played only limited minutes vs Manly and Storm and is now injured again - as you say "The unknown of Keighran at 5/8 gave you hope and the possible signing of PJP gives you greater hope - why would this be the case though- a player in Keighran at his 4th club still to establish himself and PJP with no real league background.

I assume then that you have no confidence in the other 16 that Robbo picks each week when either Hutch or Lam are playing 5/8 as after all it's a 17 player game or 18 if you use them or maybe this has slipped your mind.

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-26-2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

hee would make first grade at half the clubs in the comp.

A testimony to our depth and hopefully Lam will be back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

Which makes for an interesting combo next year. Would Keary be a good foil for Walker and vice versa?. Both willing but smaller bodies, and both more of a running, off the cuff type playmakers?
                        Keary and Walker will be the best halves combo in the comp by the length of a straight.

Comment

Well we will find out if TJP is signed whether Robbo thinks he will automatically jump ahead of Hutch, Lam and Ben.
                          If he does then it says a lot about where they all rank in Robbo's eyes.
                          But then again you have never been a fan of Robbo's recruitment policy. Why did we replace Pearce with Cronk and why did we replace Flano with Walker?
                          I trust our three times winning coach's judgement.
                          Chooks would still win with Pearce at half in my view and well Flanno was hard done by and not the reason the Chooks were eliminated from last years finals - we don't know why Flanno was not extended - it could well be salary cap issues or if he was then Walker walks.

In my view they don't need to sign PJP with Verrills back and Lussick and Benny M and Lam if not playing 5/8 as alternate 14's
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 04-26-2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
                            I love Hutch, runs in slow motion sometimes that I have to check to make sure Kayo isn't running at x0.5 speed but is all heart.
                            Slow motion

Hutch is fast becoming my favorite Chook. His obvious love for the game is contagious, and I can watch that all day.

Originally posted by jism
                            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The Chooks may as well inform the NRL that without Keary they can't win the comp so they will withdraw from this years comp and return only when Keary is available to play again as that will be when they are a chance of winning.

Halves don't have to be fast over 100 metres - 20 to 30 or so metres tops and Hutch is linking well in attack as well as having a few runs himself in games and has a good kicking game and good defence.

Don't you think the opposition would heavily mark Keary and limit his impact in a game or maybe you think they will just allow him to run the ball at will. If your season hinges on one player then your not going to have a successful season one would say.

Not sure about people's obsession with Keighran when he played only limited minutes vs Manly and Storm and is now injured again - as you say "The unknown of Keighran at 5/8 gave you hope and the possible signing of PJP gives you greater hope - why would this be the case though- a player in Keighran at his 4th club still to establish himself and PJP with no real league background.

I assume then that you have no confidence in the other 16 that Robbo picks each week when either Hutch or Lam are playing 5/8 as after all it's a 17 player game or 18 if you use them or maybe this has slipped your mind.

You obviously have proven to have trouble understanding people's comments so if you re-read my comments about our chances I have always been one to say that we can win the comp this year but we will not win the comp with Hutch or Lam at 5/8. We have other options and Keighran is one of them. He has not been given his shot at 5/8 yet. He has not really had a shot anywhere because of his injuries.And prior to the announcement of TJ I would have hoped that Keighran was given his shot. It may surprise many but until he has a shot none of us know whether he will be a better option or not. TJ is another level imo but you again question Robbo's motives about signing another superstar. Based on history your opinion against Robbo's recruitment policy gives me great confidence that he has once again made the correct decision. Let's hope we get TJ so we can get on our way at giving the title another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post
                                Slow motion

Hutch is fast becoming my favorite Chook. His obvious love for the game is contagious, and I can watch that all day.
                                You should put it on repeat where he falls over 1m from the line against st George and the ball pops out hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X