Nat Butcher and Joey Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat Butcher and Joey Manu

When was the last time either of these blokes actually made an impact.

Butcher offers nothing in attack. He's easy meat for the opposition. He's strong defensively but that's only half of the game. If his brother is just as useless I wouldn't want him anywhere near our side.

Manu is lazier than Latrell. Just doesn't want the ball. Doesn't want to get involved. Never goes looking for the ball. Where were his dummy half runs last night? Rated the best centre in the game last year by his peers. Just one big disappointment I reckon.

Both are effective against bottom 4 teams..

Comment

Butcher is an extra. Part of the squad of 30 and a fill in only for me.
      Manu looks good with Keary on the field.

Manu looking at fullback with the Warriors already?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
        Butcher is an extra. Part of the squad of 30 and a fill in only for me.
        Manu looks good with Keary on the field.

Manu looking at fullback with the Warriors already?
        Manu can piss off today. Can't tackle and won't run the ball. Should go to union.

Comment

Butcher has to be one of the most disappointing youngsters to come through our system for me. He was looking like the next Paul Gallen at one stage back in 2016/2017.. Captained our u20s to a fantastic GF win.. even won the player of the match in that very game. But what has he achieved since moving into FG? He hasn’t held down his starting spot once - he had a great chance last season with rads going down but was shafted 2 weeks later back to the bench after being given a chance. He has not developed an offload or anything offensively to help him look more threatening, like 13 mentioned “ easy meat for the other team “.

I believe Joey is all nice and well with the flashy stuff the flick passes and fancy footwork but is very poor at playing the basics - making your 1 on 1 tackles or doing the carries etc. He is still considered one of the best for me but yeah needs a rocket up his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
            Butcher has to be one of the most disappointing youngsters to come through our system for me. He was looking like the next Paul Gallen at one stage back in 2016/2017.. Captained our u20s to a fantastic GF win.. even won the player of the match in that very game. But what has he achieved since moving into FG? He hasn’t held down his starting spot once - he had a great chance last season with rads going down but was shafted 2 weeks later back to the bench after being given a chance. He has not developed an offload or anything offensively to help him look more threatening, like 13 mentioned “ easy meat for the other team “.

I believe Joey is all nice and well with the flashy stuff the flick passes and fancy footwork but is very poor at playing the basics - making your 1 on 1 tackles or doing the carries etc. He is still considered one of the best for me but yeah needs a rocket up his ass.
            In 20s Butcher had a very consistent offload and was also huge in the post contact metres. Use to carry two and three on his back.

It's a different kettle of fish playing against men though. Nobody would fear this chump and that's not the sort of player you want in your rugby league team.

I have been bagged many times on here for saying he is too small. I stand by this. Some smaller guys can make it but Butcher isn't one of them. Personally I think he should retire and get a real job or maybe join a mixed netball team.
            Last edited by Thirteen; 04-17-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              When was the last time either of these blokes actually made an impact.

Butcher offers nothing in attack. He's easy meat for the opposition. He's strong defensively but that's only half of the game. If his brother is just as useless I wouldn't want him anywhere near our side.

Manu is lazier than Latrell. Just doesn't want the ball. Doesn't want to get involved. Never goes looking for the ball. Where were his dummy half runs last night? Rated the best centre in the game last year by his peers. Just one big disappointment I reckon.
              With you with Manu at the moment. Needs to start showing something, looks disinterested. Usually takes him time to get going, but this year is different and he needs to step up and show some mongrel in his game.
              Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

I've defended both these blokes on here numerous times however they both letting us down at present.
                Butcher whilst a solid player just doesn't run like he is trying to bust the line. He seems to get held up far too easily and it's more times than not a very slow play the ball. I thought he had an offload in him when he was younger but that is nowhere to be seen anymore.
                Joey Manu was looking good early in the year when Keary was there and our right edge was humming. A worrying thing I've noticed with him is when faced with aggressive centres like Olam or Gagai he becomes hesitant and too passive. When he was at his best he could beat his opposite with a great right foot step back on the inside but now he relies on skipping outside and using his ball skills to flick pass and put Morris away. He's a long way off from when he dusted latrell in the Aus v NZ test and latrell labelled him the best centre in the world.

Comment

This reminds me of the calls to get rid SBW in 2014 when opposition teams were putting more defenders on him, without understanding that SBW being marked more tightly meant more space either side of SBW. Now Morris is leading try scorer. Who do you think has been attracting defenders and creating space for him out wide?

Comment

i don't think joey and butch are in the same category. joey is a matchwinner on his day. butch? good man for the squad and i'm happy for him to stay if he takes unders but he hasn't yet hit the heights some were hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                      This reminds me of the calls to get rid SBW in 2014 when opposition teams were putting more defenders on him, without understanding that SBW being marked more tightly meant more space either side of SBW. Now Morris is leading try scorer. Who do you think has been attracting defenders and creating space for him out wide?
                      yes ur right joey has definitely helped b moz get over the line this season but don’t discount b moz’s efforts himself mate he’s scored a few from scooting out of dummy half or finishing nicely off a cut out pass from a half.

Comment

Finally the 'pen is seeing Butcher as I have from day 1. I hope we are not paying him much.
                        Originally posted by jism
                        I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

I must be watching a different Manu.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                            I must be watching a different Manu.
                            Please tell us what you see.

Do you think he’s even shitter than most on here seem to think he is?

Comment

Nothing wrong with Butch and Manu as it's a team game not an individual one - if you have 44-46% possession / 70 % set completions/ and 55 missed tackles your not going to win any game especially against quality opposition.

Injuries are biting hard and growing and stretching depth to the limit which has resulted in 5 Bears Non NRL squad players being added to the extended squad to over for these injuries.

Chooks need to keep in the finals conversation by winning enough games until most of the Calvary return - only Keary ACL and Friend retirement wont be back this season.

Certainly can't play like they did against the Storm too often even against lower ranked opponents. The effort was there but way too many fundamental errors with and without the ball.

Robbo and his team have a big job in front of them moving forward though but there is enough experience in the camp not to compete in any games they play - if the team plays to their ability as individuals and as team they can win more games than their share.

It seems many of you have or are giving up on them - shame shame shame is all i can say - the time is now to get behind them as the 19th player - would have been 18th player but they have an 18th player for HIA's

Sing the club song and sing it loud

Easts know how to play the game, they play it hard and fair
                              Easts know how to win the game, they win more than their share
                              They’re great to see in action, these boys who show the way
                              Put the Roosters on the field, they’ll show you how to play

Here come the Roosters, the best we’ve ever seen
                              The red, white and bluesters, the Eastern Suburbs team
                              “Easts to win” shout out the cry that everybody knows
                              If you play this football game beware the Roosters crow

They’re great to see in action, these boys who show the way
                              Put the Roosters on the field, they’ll show you how to play
                              Here come the Roosters, the best we’ve ever seen
                              The red, white and bluesters, the Eastern Suburbs team.

Click here to listen to and download the club song

Comment

Working...
                              X