Nat Butcher and Joey Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapn1 View Post

Mate where fckD this year bro its time we get in there ,dig deep ,manu wasted in centre an by moving him suallii can start an in my opinion has shown better defence showings than what I've seen with Manu so far in the centres, i know its 2nd grade but his tackle technique is old school low an hard 1 on 1 tackles so brett dont have to push up just slide suallii got it!!!

Manu is 1 of our strongest most talented player's especially Running ball player! He don't need to kick just run an flick/ offload/ draw n pass/ but close to line chip an chase!

Im backing this change
    Manu is our strongest running ball player , think teddy and toups may have a fair bit on him

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Manu is our strongest running ball player , think teddy and toups may have a fair bit on him
      I wouldn't want to replace teddy an toupo for suallii but Manu yes hints suallii is playing centre for the bears an looking comfortable

Instead of having Hutchinson 5/8 , Sammy do all the kicking!! Build that confidence/that chip for morris was good ! More of that
      Last edited by Snapn1; 04-17-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Never like Butcher as a player. Comes across as very untalented and easy pickings for our opposition.
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

I wouldn't want to replace teddy an toupo for suallii but Manu yes hints suallii is playing centre for the bears an looking comfortable

Instead of having Hutchinson 5/8 , Sammy do all the kicking!! Build that confidence/that chip for morris was good ! More of that
          Sualli never gets any quality ball in reserves so it’s hard to judge his attack.

Comment

Mate where fckD this year bro its time we get in there ,dig deep ,manu wasted in centre an by moving him suallii can start an in my opinion has shown better defence showings than what I've seen with Manu so far in the centres, i know its 2nd grade but his tackle technique is old school low an hard 1 on 1 tackles so brett dont have to push up just slide suallii got it!!!

Manu is 1 of our strongest most talented player's especially Running ball player! He don't need to kick just run an flick/ offload/ draw n pass/ but close to line chip an chase!

Im backing this change
            Havnt you changed your tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Good at half the game. Offers nothing in attack. Needs to do both.
              That's just a blatant lie though. His carries this year have been solid, unfortunately he's had to cover in the 2nd row on 3 occasions this year, was injured for one and has played in his position in 2 of the opening games.

Context is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                Never like Butcher as a player. Comes across as very untalented and easy pickings for our opposition.
                He's a fair player Butch with plenty of development left in him - A main reason why Souffs Vermin kicked the Chooks Juniors out of that joint comp because Chooks signed him from under their noses so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

That's just a blatant lie though. His carries this year have been solid, unfortunately he's had to cover in the 2nd row on 3 occasions this year, was injured for one and has played in his position in 2 of the opening games.

Context is everything.
                  A lie?

I gave an opinion. I don’t think your suggestion of me lying is appropriate.

He offers very little. Rugby league is an aggressive and physical sport. Butch offers no aggression. Ask yourself this. Do you honestly think the opposition fears anything about him?
                  Last edited by Thirteen; 04-17-2021, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

He's a fair player Butch with plenty of development left in him - A main reason why Souffs Vermin kicked the Chooks Juniors out of that joint comp because Chooks signed him from under their noses so to speak.
                    “Plenty of development”?

His aggression has never been there. I don’t want non-agro players in our pack.

I wish Souths took him back but no way they would want him.

Comment

Good at half the game. Offers nothing in attack. Needs to do both.
                      I disagree. Look at a player like Dallas Johnston, Had even less than Nat Butcher in attack yet tackled all day.
                      I think Butchers carries have actually improved, haven't watched yesterdays can but he has made reasonable yards and gets a quick play the ball.
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

Can’t believe how many said Manu was going to better value than Latrell.

manu, with his potential, has been one of our most disappointing, people have blamed our halves, and others have said that he should not go looking for the ball because that is not his role. Can’t even say he is SKD mark 2, because even though SKD was rocks and diamonds, he always put the effort in.

But the biggest blame should probably be on the coaching staff, how a player can run out of the defensive line so often and put us under pressure, year after year, and it not be addressed is pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

I disagree. Look at a player like Dallas Johnston, Had even less than Nat Butcher in attack yet tackled all day.
                          I think Butchers carries have actually improved, haven't watched yesterdays can but he has made reasonable yards and gets a quick play the ball.
                          Players were scared to run at Dallas, he had an amazing technique that would sting, I don’t think butcher is anywhere near that level.

Comment

A lie?

I gave an opinion. I don’t think your suggestion of me lying is appropriate.

He offers very little. Rugby league is an aggressive and physical sport. Butch offers no aggression. Ask yourself this. Do you honestly think the opposition fears anything about him?
                            You said he offered nothing and that's simply not true. You can argue he's limited and make those points but as KB said he's not Dallas Johnson.

I doubt anyone feared Jake Friend or Mitchell Aubusson's aggression, does that make them useless too? Like I said this thread has been done a million times over when we lose. Just insert new name of very good defensive player who has limitations in attack.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Players were scared to run at Dallas, he had an amazing technique that would sting, I don’t think butcher is anywhere near that level.
                              So scared he made 50-60 tackles a game? Dallas Johnson had a great technique and aesthetically pleasing to watch but he was never an intimidator, more of a worker.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

You said he offered nothing and that's simply not true. You can argue he's limited and make those points but as KB said he's not Dallas Johnson.

I doubt anyone feared Jake Friend or Mitchell Aubusson's aggression, does that make them useless too? Like I said this thread has been a million times over when we lose. Just insert new name of very good defensive player who has limitations in attack.
                                Fair enough but at least Aubo and Friend made their tackles AND had something to offer in attack as well as having great leadership skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X