No announcement yet.

Positives from last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look I think playing storm in Melbourne with the injury toll we have including rookie halves and a 4th string hooker, losing our best try scorer and probably most rounded player in Morris at the kick off, then losing our two most experienced props to injury, not having any luck in general and with referee decisions include a sin bin - I think our team did pretty well to keep that game to what it was and to hang on as long as they did.

I think most other teams, including the other ‘top’ teams would have been destroyed in the same situation and we did well to keep them to the score we did and finally got on the scoreboard.

In saying that was I frustrated with us? Yes. Do players and the team as a whole need to do much better in these situations? Yes - especially as we’ll need to continue playing in adversity and no one wants them to just get smashed every week

But they did make me proud - especially in that first half and then ran out of gas and panicked. Not great but just about all they could do in the circumstances, perhaps they could have done slightly better in reality but we needed more luck then we got with everything against us and who we had.

They need to go out now and re-group and make the best of what we have. Let’s go out and beat who we can with half a squad as we may not win the comp but it shows what sort of strong and proud club we have built

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
      The Storm’s quick play the balls were capitalised upon by Grant. Ours, in stark contrast were that slow it’s no wonder we offered very little, offensively.
      Not only were Storm's play the balls lightning fast (ref was insisting we release immediately on every tackle), more often than not they stole an extra 5 or 10 metres before playing it. As a result we were constantly back pedalling.

Interesting Robbo in the presser referred to Storm not giving away any restarts in the second half. He knew as we all do they should have He also referred to Radley's sin bin for a "knocked out player" who was back on the field the moment Radley was marched. Storm are not only a strong side but experts at bending the rules, including the forearm strip on Hutch after his tackle had been completed - you're not permitted to land a forearm on the body of a player after they're tackled, so going for the ball is clearly a strip. Storm do this often and refs are not smart enough to pick it up.

Don't get me wrong, Storm were better side but they are very good at testing out a ref for what they can get away with - and last night that was plenty with the offsides and ruck slow downs. Like most of his colleagues Adam Gee let the crowd and Bellamy's tactics get the better of him. He was not up to it.

3 tries to 1 people. Put the razor blades away. They did us proud.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

If only he had Luke next to him, or even Cooper Cronk! To live the impossible dream!
        Walker with a full season under his belt partnering Keary next year is a salivating thought

Comment

Walker's kick out wide from inside our own 20m. That was a throwback to Todd Carney 2010. It turned our fortunes around midway through 2010 when oppositions teams realised Carney was no longer going to tolerate their rushing compressed defence.
          Last edited by dice; 04-17-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

A positive to take out of the game is that Storm only scored 20 points rather than 50 as they easily could have given their dominance in possession and field position.
            "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post
              A positive to take out of the game is that Storm only scored 20 points rather than 50 as they easily could have given their dominance in possession and field position.
              Well, only 16 points really.

Both penalty goals were BS.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Well, only 16 points really.

Both penalty goals were BS.
                and would have been less if the JMoz and Manu try were given.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                  Walker with a full season under his belt partnering Keary next year is a salivating thought
                  You can dribble all you want.

I just jizzed!
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post
                    I don't understand. If they could have easily put on 50, why didn't they?
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

If one didn't know the score and were told the Chooks stats 44% possession / 70% completion rate and 55 missed tackle they may assume that the Storm put 40 plus on the Chooks - not so of course.

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-17-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

If one didn't know the score and were told the stats 44% possession / 70% completion rate and 55 missed tackle they may assume that the Storm put 40 plus on the Chooks - not so of course
                        Exactly my point. Not so easy for them.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

It's quite simple rt. In my view, the defense was pretty good for the most part. The game could have been over by half time.
                          "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

and would have been less if the JMoz and Manu try were given.
                            Why would Jmoz have been given a try , it was a knock on .

Comment

We were simply lucky that the score was only 20 to 4 . Our defense was good in the first half but they simply had better 5/8, better half. 2 better hooker and probably a better fullback on the night. Quite frankly and this is hard to say they didn't have a weak player and we did , People should stop making excuses about refs and injuries , we were beaten by a better , well prepared team

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                                the Chooks stats 44% possession / 70% completion rate and 55 missed tackle.
                                This ^.

Man that's gotta be a worry for Robbo and something they need to fix PFQ. Shit such a low possession rate and cap that with 70% completion, of course we're gonna run out of juice. Basically we smoked ourselves.

But the Bondi Wall proved pretty solid even with 12, that's one massive +.

Comment

Working...
                                X