No announcement yet.

JWH Must Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collins is due back this week, so I think he will return to the run-on side and JWH stay off the bench. He prowls around like a caged lion while he's waiting to come on and I really like the impact he provides.

Our forward rotation was very interesting on Saturday night:
    17 min - Marschke for Lussick, then
    31 min - Jaz came on for Rads,
    32 min - Sitili for SST,
    55 min - Rads back on for Ice,
    58 min - SST back for Butch,
    76 min - Ice back on for Jaz

On the surface it looks like they are all rotating between prop, 2nd row & lock, but I'm sure it's not that simple.

Comment

JWH off the bench is working for us so I wouldn't change it , he lifts the tempo and changes the momentum, just have to watch the silly penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
        JWH off the bench is working for us so I wouldn't change it , he lifts the tempo and changes the momentum, just have to watch the silly penalties.
        But wouldn’t it be better to play up tempo from the start?

Can’t afford to be playing catch up against proper sides.

I doubt Robbo will change what he’s doing with Jarred though. If we had Collins I’d be happier with Jarred off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I doubt Robbo will change what he’s doing with Jarred though. If we had Collins I’d be happier with Jarred off the bench.
          Collins > JWH

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Can understand your reasoning as our slow starts are becoming a bit of a habit. I have my queries on whether our pack is up with the top tier anymore. The Grand final in 19 is a fair way in the rear view mirror as far as us being the dominant forward pack in the comp.
            I just think jarred will be best suited for us in his remaining years as a bench forward.
            We have become far too passive in defence as was seen early on Saturday night with Rudolf strolling passed Isaac like he was stuck in concrete and Woods offloading at will.
            The Storm's big forwards will toy with us unless we get some aggression back in defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Can understand your reasoning as our slow starts are becoming a bit of a habit. I have my queries on whether our pack is up with the top tier anymore. The Grand final in 19 is a fair way in the rear view mirror as far as us being the dominant forward pack in the comp.
              I just think jarred will be best suited for us in his remaining years as a bench forward.
              We have become far too passive in defence as was seen early on Saturday night with Rudolf strolling passed Isaac like he was stuck in concrete and Woods offloading at will.
              The Storm's big forwards will toy with us unless we get some aggression back in defence.
              I agree that Jarred should spend his last few years as an impact player off the bench but if we are once again without Collins this weekend then we need Jarred’s agro and impact at the start of the game. Otherwise by the time he gets on it will be too late. We won’t be able to come from 14 down against a decent side.

Maybe if SST ran with a bit of agro in the first 20 like he did in the last 20 then we would be ok with Jarred off the bench this weekend. What will we get this Friday night? The slow let’s just get the job done SST or the I’m the best prop in the game SST.

Comment

I am cool with JWH starting from the bench because it confuses the refs on who to penalise for the first few defensive sets.
                "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                X