Harbour bridge pass appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbour bridge pass appreciation thread

Last week I saw somebody saying Walker's gotta lose his harbour bridge pass.

This week I saw two decent passes that I'd say came off his hands looking like short passes, then spun up and went to Morris & Toops.

Just thought I'd take some time to appreciate our new halfback's passing skills. Respect!

Well he's 4 nil or something as far as intercepts are concerned. Teams will figure him out but Townsend said post match they were ready for that.

Ready but not able.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

This week I saw two decent passes that I'd say came off his hands looking like short passes, then spun up and went to Morris & Toops.

Just thought I'd take some time to appreciate our new halfback's passing skills. Respect!
      Rooster6

Comment

I was one to say this could be an issue watching his lower grade games but today was first class, both passes were absolute spectacular.
        I take my hate off to him he did very well.
        I know why Robbo was holding him back and that is because of his physical development, and teams will try to focus their attack down his way but I am sure Fitzy is all over that.

Comment

Sam Walker did extremely well last night for only his second first grade game. He should be very proud of himself. He has an amazingly bright future in the game. Quite incredible.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

I made the comment that such as a pass, if it became a habit could be costly if picked off and I will stand by that however last night it went our way and full credit to him for picking his mark and making the stick. IMO, those two passes won us the game however in a close contest, if one was intercepted it could have cost us that game and this thread would not exist. It’s a fine line that went our way last night. We a very fortunate he has got good vision and picked his mark well last night.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

That was a ridiculous comment on here last week.

Occasionally someone will take an intercept but all halves thrown them occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                I made the comment that such as a pass, if it became a habit could be costly if picked off and I will stand by that however last night it went our way and full credit to him for picking his mark and making the stick. IMO, those two passes won us the game however in a close contest, if one was intercepted it could have cost us that game and this thread would not exist. It’s a fine line that went our way last night. We a very fortunate he has got good vision and picked his mark well last night.
                Oh true and respect... it seems like a few were thinking the same so you're not alone (and one mad finish to a game is just that - no doubt Walker will have a journey of ups and downs this season).

My only nuancing would be:
                - I'd say it's been workshopped. He doesn't just lob it, he draws in players and then tricks them. IMO if you were gonna intercept it you'd have to guess he's going for it (rather than a short pass), run out of your defensive line and leave a hole for a forward (or Walker) to crash through if he decides not to do it.
                - People will be more aware of it after last night and he'll obviously have to keep evolving his game & developing new tricks if he wants to go anywhere this season.
                - For now I'm just really happy with how effective it was last night. We'll probably get destroyed by the Drizz next week (based on how we played), so I'm gonna enjoy this moment as much as possible

Comment

The winger that missed Tupou on one of the cut outs should never play first grade again.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I appreciate Keary's Harbour Bridge pass to Toups in the 2018 grand final.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/30/...e-grand-final/

Comment

It wasnt the harbour bridge type pass that excited me .....it was the fact he threw cutout try scoring passes to both wingers on both sides of the field !

Comment

I think it is important to stress that he doesn't throw these passes willy nilly. Some players might try a long pass out of desperation when it is clearly not on. Walker seems to have great vision and (so far) only throws the long pass when he sees that's where the opportunity is.

The pass for BMoz's second try was absolutely perfect. There was so much space there Prince Philip could have scored it.

Comment

They’re great because the lobbed ball holds its line whereas the spiral cutout curls and bends. Lobbed is higher percentage but maybe not as pretty or quick
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Larry loves lobbed balls
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Just relieved that we won..thats all.
                              His patience is exceptional composes him self real well. Just keep him away from the riff raff and he will be sweet
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                              X