How to build a new team:
    copy the Panthers.
    How to attack:
    copy the Panthers.
    How to defend:
    copy the Panthers.
    All shown clearly in last night's game V
    Manly.
    Kikau...unstoppable ..getting the ball while running at pace.
    we did destroy manly rnd 1 when all teams have a bit of rust. panfas did it in rnd 3, no doubt they were impressive, but i wouldnt be swapping our trophy cabinet for theirs .

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

“Rebuilding” only a loser would make such a pathetic excuse. I thought you were a Parra fan.

The only thing I want from the Panthers is their great health. No major injuries. They’ve won nothing. We would be riding high too if we had our full compliment of players.

I was at Speedo’s this morning. I wish you were there too.

ps. We also beat Manly by 40 points. And we had some key players missing.

Have a great Easter you Parramatta loving Panther’s fan.
      Re:Building is like Premiership windows - Teams have 30 NRL players who are there for a reason and any team if they apply themselves in game situations (attack and defence etc) are capable of winning any game they play and any comp they are competing in.

It's all down to the attitude and desire of players to do this week in week out over 80 minutes as it's a simple game and you don't have to have a team of potential immortals to win games or comps.

Coaching staff can prepare teams and have the game plans but in the end it is up to the players on the field - No use having excuses that xyz were out , bounce of the ball, we're were unlucky, there's always nest week or next year etc none of that nonsense when you lose. It don't cut the mustard as they say.

People on here saying Chooks can't win because Keary is out is a defeatist attitude as the Chooks are not a one player team and one hopes the players don't think this as well.

All players selected in the 17 need to step up and work harder in both attack and defence and if they play to their ability which is all you can ask they are a chance of winning any game they play.

The ball is in their court so to speak
      Last edited by King Salvo; 04-02-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

You can't deny the Panthers are a outstanding team. People on here will say they only got us by 1pt in the semis last year but that scoreline flattered us massively. Without Keary we cannot compete with them come the semis this year. Just my opinion and not hating but they are very very good with an outstanding 7 and a highly underrated 6
        Penrith don't have 10 different styles of the way they play it's pretty much the same way week in week out so there's no shock factor when you play them - Boils down to the preparation when playing any team not only coaching staff but players as one would assume they would be doing their homework on their next opponents and identifying the way they play and strengths and weaknesses etc.

Coaching staff would i assume be watching all games weekly not just the game for the next opponents.

I was surprised by a few of the Chooks players comments after the loss about not preparing well for the Souffs Vermin game though.
        Last edited by King Salvo; 04-02-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Our forward pack is still strong. If we can go hard early and our backs can score some tries than it might be enough for our bench to sustain when the subs come on.

I think i think if we need to come from behind it might be to hard.

Comment

Don't worry about Walker. He is a much smarter player than many running around playingNRL at the moment. He may be young, but hey, he has got to start somewhere. The usual culprits are already sharpening their knives to say I told you so. Hell, some are even having an each way bet. He will be fine.
            Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post
              Don't worry about Walker. He is a much smarter player than many running around playingNRL at the moment. He may be young, but hey, he has got to start somewhere. The usual culprits are already sharpening their knives to say I told you so. Hell, some are even having an each way bet. He will be fine.
              Interesting article on Walker today..A good read for those who haven’t seen it..

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...4827f8a7587010

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
                Our forward pack is still strong. If we can go hard early and our backs can score some tries than it might be enough for our bench to sustain when the subs come on.

No reason why if they get behind that they can't come back though or if in front maintain a lead when subs come on. Need a quality team performance not individual one's - all on the same page as they say

Comment

Sydney Roosters blown away by Sam Walker’s stirring speech

For months we’ve heard the hype around Sam Walker, but from everything James Tedesco has seen so far, the talk is more than deserved.

2 min read
                  April 1, 2021 - 12:41PM

On Sunday against the Warriors, the talk will subside and the 18-year-old Queenslander will have to walk the walk.

It’s a path he’s more than ready for according to James Tedesco, who revealed how the Roosters debutant stood up in front of his teammates – littered with premiership-winning stars and Test football regulars – and told them: this is how we are going to play.

Walker has been thrust into the limelight after Luke Keary and Lachlan Lam were injured in the Chooks’ derby loss to South Sydney.

But rather than being overawed by the occasion, the rookie stood up in front of the squad and looked to inspire the injury-hit Roosters.

“He actually got up and told us how we were going to play, he presented in front of our team and for an 18-year-old to do that it takes some courage,” Tedesco told SEN.

“We’re all excited to have him on board and we know it’s going to be hard to do what Keary’s done for us, but we’re excited about him developing and becoming our man this year.”

Walker is tipped to partner Joey Manu in the halves, with Drew Hutchison likely to make a move to hooker against the Warriors.

The loss of Lam and Keary – to a season-ending ACL – has hit the Roosters’ premiership hopes hard.

But Tedesco believes Walker is more than capable of filling the void.

“It’s devastating for us and for Luke, no one wants to have a season-ending injury and we came in on Monday a bit down,” Tedesco said.

“But we sort of tried to flush it as best we could and get excited about having Sam Walker come in.

“I know there’s a lot of excitement that’s built up about him, he’s such an awesome player and he’s been training the house down in the pre-season, he’s got his opportunity a bit earlier than we thought.”

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post
                    All he has to do is play his role not try to be someone else.

I always feel that halves should defend on the wing to avoid them being targeted in defence and racking up high tackle counts. They defend 3 in currently on both sides - sure people will say what about the kicks when wingers drop back or the high attacking kick/bomb for the wingers for try scoring opportunities.

Wingers can still drop back for the 5th tackle kick and if teams run on the 5th there's still the sideline as an extra defender - also the high kicks/bombs for the winger for try scoring opportunities they can swap over on the tackle before this kick.

I recall when Craig Wing was playing half he defended on the wing at times. The less defence halves are required to do the fresher they will be for the attacking part of the game. - You wouldn't want Tedesco racking up 20 plus tackles a game for instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post

Agree, but we need a hooker, Freddy isnt good enough. If we had an established half / 5/8 and fullback you could carry him.
                      Dummy half is so important as an attacking option.

Comment

• If the Chooks win on Sunday by 7 they will move to third, if the Chooks lose on Sunday they will drop to 7th.
                        Will Sam Walker get a win on debut?
                        I’ll probably drop a tenner on Sam getting the MOTM. I remember Luke Brooks debut at the Cricket ground & he got the MOTM.

Comment

• Late Mail: The Roosters are set for an overhaul of their spine, according to The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield. Coach Trent Robinson is expected to start Drew Hutchison at hooker, pushing Freddy Lussick back to the bench. Joey Manu will make the move from the centres to five-eighth — like he did when halves Luke Keary and Lachie Lam went off injured last week. Versatile back Brett Morris will shift to the centres with Matt Ikuvalu coming onto the wing in jersey No. 14. Despite teen sensation Joseph Suaalii being named in the reserves, he won’t be making his NRL debut this week. Hooker Ben Marschke, though, is reportedly in line to debut. Marschke has had an incredibly rapid rise. Just three weeks ago he failed to make the North Sydney Bears’ NSW Cup team, originally being named in the reserves. However, Freddy Lussick was pulled before their Round 1 game to keep him on ice for NRL and Marschke was then brought into the squad. With Lussick in NRL, Marschke has held onto the Bears’ No.9 jersey and will make his NRL debut on Sunday, despite not even training with the Roosters on a full time basis.

Comment

• Manu's time to shine.
                            he has the silky skills and size to be a revaluation in the 6 .

Comment

• Well done to Ben. Best of luck to him and Walker in their respective debuts tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post
                                Late Mail: The Roosters are set for an overhaul of their spine, according to The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield. Coach Trent Robinson is expected to start Drew Hutchison at hooker, pushing Freddy Lussick back to the bench. Joey Manu will make the move from the centres to five-eighth — like he did when halves Luke Keary and Lachie Lam went off injured last week. Versatile back Brett Morris will shift to the centres with Matt Ikuvalu coming onto the wing in jersey No. 14. Despite teen sensation Joseph Suaalii being named in the reserves, he won’t be making his NRL debut this week. Hooker Ben Marschke, though, is reportedly in line to debut. Marschke has had an incredibly rapid rise. Just three weeks ago he failed to make the North Sydney Bears’ NSW Cup team, originally being named in the reserves. However, Freddy Lussick was pulled before their Round 1 game to keep him on ice for NRL and Marschke was then brought into the squad. With Lussick in NRL, Marschke has held onto the Bears’ No.9 jersey and will make his NRL debut on Sunday, despite not even training with the Roosters on a full time basis.
                                So according to Rothfield we are going to have both Lussick and Marsche on the bench? Very surprised if that eventuates

Comment

Working...
                                X