No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Souths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst penalty was against Lussick when Latrell has his hand/arm pinned by the ball in the second half. Why couldn’t Klein see that? Oh that’s right he could but.......

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post
      I didn't see any of the game. But a 12-2 penalty/set restart gift count/30 % possession sounds like a vintage Klein performance. a 10 point loss really doesn't sound like the worst effort.
      Honestly mate not defending that prick Klein but we were absolute Reserve grade that first half. Discipline killed us, of all the teams in the comp I believe the chooks biggest threat is themselves when it’s good we smash everyone when it’s bad the women’s team could beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosters1908 View Post

I wasn’t so worried about JWH, some of the penalties against him were rubbish given by a poor referee (don’t get me started on Klein’s general refereeing incompetence, let alone for an important game that demands a referee with skill and control). But the Fifita thing is what people are going to flog us with. With all the cameras around, that was plain stupid.
        Jared is meant to come on and turn the game, he did that in the wrong teams favour.

he gets a chance to start the match next week, let’s see if he can lift the side.

Comment

• Complete disaster of a game and our season as a serious contender is over. I feel shattered for Luke because he is just a really tough and talented footballer. He is also a top bloke and he doesn’t deserve that luck.
          however I am going to enjoy watching the younger members of our side get Regular games so we can see what they are really made of. I am also going to enjoy what I am sure will be the end of the career for some of veterans before they are no longer roosters anymore.
          hopefully we are about to see the basis of our next premiership in a few years.
          Last edited by The Marshall; 03-26-2021, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Holy Smoke....what a disaster. Not so worried about the 2 points but the injuries to Collins, Lam and Keary and someone else(?) all in one night beggars belief.

Has someone put a curse on us?

Long Tall Sally outpointz Robbo again the wily old coot.

Thought we were primed to kill tonight, but couldn't have been more wrong. Our right side defence got owned.

Comment

• And little Josh Ralph and journeyman Tony Satini were terrific for the Bears! Looking for positives here..

Comment

• Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

Looked like he was grabbing a hammy, he has had a dodgy hammy lately......
                Fuuking channel nein said he done a hammy in the after game report, I wish it was....
                Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• "Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook

Our go forward tonight as been so poor. barely making more than 30m a set.

That's where we lost the game.
                  We did not make the metres against a forward pack with the lightweights Cook & Murray, and throw in that slug Thomas Burgess.
                  I guess the Roosters will need to watch videos of how other teams will smack Souffs ass, so they can learn off it.

Comment

• Just got home from the game. Far out there was plenty of f***wits out tonight. Constant barbs thrown back and forth between our fans and theirs and also saw the police get involved a couple of times with fights. The hatred is real and I am so disappointed to not come away with the W. It stings like hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster

Just got home from the game. Far out there was plenty of f***wits out tonight. Constant barbs thrown back and forth between our fans and theirs and also saw the police get involved a couple of times with fights. The hatred is real and I am so disappointed to not come away with the W. It stings like hell.

Let the Souffs fans try it at the SCG.

Comment

• Souths would have enjoyed last night as much as their 60-8 win last season.

They would be celebrating that our play maker and their former player got injured and won’t play again for a year.

A positive for us was that Latrell had minimal impact.

Comment

• 3 try assists isn't bad for minimal impact. I'd hate to see him have a massive impact against us!

Also we need to dispel the myth that Bennett has the wood over Robbo. Since Trent has been a head coach, it's Robbo 3 Premierships Bennett 0. And in finals it's Robbo 3-1. Bennett seems to win the minor battles more often but Robbo wins the wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            3 try assists isn't bad for minimal impact. I'd hate to see him have a massive impact against us!

Also we need to dispel the myth that Bennett has the wood over Robbo. Since Trent has been a head coach, it's Robbo 3 Premierships Bennett 0. And in finals it's Robbo 3-1. Bennett seems to win the minor battles more often but Robbo wins the wars.
                            I think he had a hand in two tries but if you have been watching him the last few years you will know that for Latrell this is minimal impact.

Comment

Working...
                            X