21-MAN SQUAD v SOUTHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post
    I think it is only a matter of time before we see Walker in the starting line up. Lam is not up to standard for us to win a comp. Either that or Joey Manu to 6 and Suualli in the centres
    Joey Many to 6 .Mate you have lost the plot , everyone know Joey is a Fullback or Hooker

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      Did Adam Reynolds fail his HIA on the weekend?

If so I can’t imagine he lines up against us. Either way I’m not too fussed I thought Souths went to another level when Benji came on, he created some points and took control of the game for them so maybe better if he does...
      He failed it...but then if clear of symptoms for 6 days you are cleared ??

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

What is the protocol on players who fail a HIA?
        Guys like Cords, Friend, Teddy, Keary have had multiple HIA failures so I understand the protocol on them but if you get a first time failed HIA but you pull up fine the next day & then the next 5 days you are fine who says whether you can play or not?
        From the NRL protocol
        • Players should not return to play until they have returned to work or school/ learning without worsening symptoms.

• Return to training or play should be gradual.

• Rehabilitation after a concussion should be supervised by a medical practitioner and should follow the stepwise symptom limited progression outlined below.

• Initially, complete rest for the first 24 to 48 hours – including mental and physical rest (recovery). Children and adolescents (18 years old and younger) should be treated more conservatively, so an initial 48 hours rest is recommended.

• A 6 stage Graduated Return to Sport (GRTS) Program can look like the following. This return to sport program should only be commenced after the initial rest period of 24 to 48 hours.
        1. Symptom-limited activity – daily activities that do not provoke or worsen symptoms;
        2. Light Aerobic Exercise – for example, walking, exercise bike with heart rate less than ~70% max (no resistance/weight training);
        3. Sport Specific Exercise – for example, running drills without risk of head contact;
        4. Non-contact training and start resistance (weight) training;
        5. Full contact training – ONLY after medical clearance by a doctor using NRL Head Injury Recognition and Referral Form– coaching staff should assess tackling and other skills for correct technique;
        6. Return to play/games.

I think i've heard you won't get a clearance on the above to min 5 day after so a 5 day turnaround is very unlikely to see someone pass by that point

The Rooster's concussion policy is much more conservative than other clubs and the NRL protocol eg for Cordner he has passed the exams of multiple independent doctors but the club insisted that he needs to sit 6 months.

The problem is there is still a lot of unknown so the safest method (for long term health) is to let the brain rest as long as possible. There is enough evidence that it causes serious brain damage but they are still figuring out how much it takes to permanently damage a brain and what the best method for treatment is (if there is any - it may be too late). For now they can only observe the short term damage/health.

In NSW Cup from last year they implemented a head injury reserve - where an 18th man can replace a HIA. I think it is only a matter of time to a similar policy is used in the NRL

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Wheres mad Max?
          I believe concussion

Comment

Oh no - big bad Shaq Mitchell is 18th man for the bunny's reserves

Comment

Jersey Flegg takes on Souffs this week also at 2.30pm Saturday @ Redfern

1 M.Graham-Taufa
              2 Fenning
              3 L.Graham-Taufa
              4 Mossman
              5 Stevenson
              6 Batty
              7 Volkman
              8 Patterson
              9 Rugless
              10 Moretti
              11 Preston
              12 Meyn
              13 Stringer

14 Coleman
              15 Page-Wilson
              16 Takairangi
              17 Sionetali

18 Swann 20 Knight

Souffs have ex-Rooster 'young gun' Lathan Hutchison-Walters playing centre for them

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post

From the NRL protocol
                • Players should not return to play until they have returned to work or school/ learning without worsening symptoms.

• Return to training or play should be gradual.

• Rehabilitation after a concussion should be supervised by a medical practitioner and should follow the stepwise symptom limited progression outlined below.

• Initially, complete rest for the first 24 to 48 hours – including mental and physical rest (recovery). Children and adolescents (18 years old and younger) should be treated more conservatively, so an initial 48 hours rest is recommended.

• A 6 stage Graduated Return to Sport (GRTS) Program can look like the following. This return to sport program should only be commenced after the initial rest period of 24 to 48 hours.
                1. Symptom-limited activity – daily activities that do not provoke or worsen symptoms;
                2. Light Aerobic Exercise – for example, walking, exercise bike with heart rate less than ~70% max (no resistance/weight training);
                3. Sport Specific Exercise – for example, running drills without risk of head contact;
                4. Non-contact training and start resistance (weight) training;
                5. Full contact training – ONLY after medical clearance by a doctor using NRL Head Injury Recognition and Referral Form– coaching staff should assess tackling and other skills for correct technique;
                6. Return to play/games.

I think i've heard you won't get a clearance on the above to min 5 day after so a 5 day turnaround is very unlikely to see someone pass by that point

The Rooster's concussion policy is much more conservative than other clubs and the NRL protocol eg for Cordner he has passed the exams of multiple independent doctors but the club insisted that he needs to sit 6 months.

The problem is there is still a lot of unknown so the safest method (for long term health) is to let the brain rest as long as possible. There is enough evidence that it causes serious brain damage but they are still figuring out how much it takes to permanently damage a brain and what the best method for treatment is (if there is any - it may be too late). For now they can only observe the short term damage/health.

In NSW Cup from last year they implemented a head injury reserve - where an 18th man can replace a HIA. I think it is only a matter of time to a similar policy is used in the NRL
                Thank you mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Joey Many to 6 .Mate you have lost the plot , everyone know Joey is a Fullback or Hooker
                  Lost the plot a long time ago my friend. But I do reckon Joey would go alright at 6. He has the skill set although I would still prefer to see Walker get some games under his belt and show what he can do

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Notably Wayne Bennett declared him fit to play against the Roosters 30 minutes after the game had finished last week so not sure how seriously the protocols are always taken by clubs.
                    He was tested again by the club doctor in a dark corner of the Souths Junior's car park. Apparently he's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

He was tested again by the club doctor in a dark corner of the Souths Junior's car park. Apparently he's fine.
                      Think it was the new Dr , Doctor Burgass

Comment

Friendie's out. Hope it's just another week. Don't mind Lussick though TBH (reminds me of DCE a bit... a quick, no nonsense player with his head screwed on).

Good news is that our first two wins will keep those farking 60-8 shirts at home. I know we won't but how farking good would it be if we could put a cricket score on 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post
                          I think it is only a matter of time before we see Walker in the starting line up. Lam is not up to standard for us to win a comp. Either that or Joey Manu to 6 and Suualli in the centres
                          Agree it is only a matter of time till Walker forces his way in but far out that's harsh on Lam saying he's not up to standard to win a comp, in my opinion he has looked good the first two games. Not overplaying his hand and pitching in when needed also defending well. Not much more I'd ask out of him

Comment

My memory is cactus
                            Did Latrell play against the Roosters last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              My memory is cactus
                              Did Latrell play against the Roosters last year?
                              in the first game when we won. injured for the second game

Comment

Souths have got more aggressive players then the Chooks so I think JWH needs to start with SST & Collins Sitilli, Crighton & Lussick then bring Liu, Rads & Fifita on. My starting 5 minus Lussick have to get over Burgess, S’au, Walker & Latrell & when Arrow comes on rough him up even giving away a penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X