Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flanagan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

    Further in the article, when discussing potential halves partners at the dogs, he says he likes Jake Averillo because ‘he’s a ball running half which compliments me’. That says it all to me.
    Not good to have 2 ball running halves - one a ball runner and one an organiser is the best mix- I dont recall Cronk being a running half more of an organiser - as per below Bellamy wanted two things from him.

    Do you want the smallest players running the ball a lot - they would be bashed out of the game- Flanagan is very slight framed.

    “I was told two things in 2006, Craig told me that he’d pick me if I made my tackles and I had a good kicking game so the whole pre-season I practiced tackling and practiced my kicking game.

    https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/ne...me-a-halfback/

    Comment


    • #32
      Yeah having two ball running halves didn't work for the Storm last year did it?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        Yeah having two ball running halves didn't work for the Storm last year did it?
        Robbo i suggest doesn't favour having two ball running halves nor does he favour a ball running DH. Horses for courses i suspect.

        Comment


        • #34
          To me, originally signing Kyle was to get his best mate Xerri over to Easts. That scenario got stopped in its tracks by the dumbfark being caught on the Roids. Kyle's old mans interference certainly didn't help his cause.

          We are not the transit lounge or a charity case anymore. Was initially a surprise signing. Whispers of him not fitting into the team culture, with the covid bubble team environment, this would be easily exposed to the hierarchy.

          Good goal kicker. Very very average at best at everything else.

          Stop being a sook. Instead of winging like his old man, he should count his blessings that he got to play for the tri-colours and wear our famous jumper.

          Comment


          • #35
            I thought Kyle went alright this year. He didn’t go to the line enough and unlock Manu, Tedesco and Morris enough. He made enough tackles and his goal kicking was class.

            When Vlandys changed the rules mid season, that was when it became evident Kyle didn’t suit the new game. The coaches gave him time to adapt and he didn’t. Then he was dropped for a running half in Lam only for Lachlan to get injured and Kyle was recalled.

            The Roosters made the difficult decision as Kyles play didn’t suit the new game style. We could’ve persevered but they know what’s coming through and looked to the future.

            Good luck to Kyle. TiT
            ..type thing

            Comment


            • #36
              The emergence of young Sam Walker will vindicate management's decision to cut Flanagan adrift.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by theGman View Post
                The emergence of young Sam Walker will vindicate management's decision to cut Flanagan adrift.
                This.

                I feel vindicated after my opinion was smashed by a stack on here last season.
                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by theGman View Post
                  The emergence of young Sam Walker will vindicate management's decision to cut Flanagan adrift.
                  100% Correct!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by theGman View Post
                    The emergence of young Sam Walker will vindicate management's decision to cut Flanagan adrift.
                    is he ready to go ?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

                      Not good to have 2 ball running halves - one a ball runner and one an organiser is the best mix- I dont recall Cronk being a running half more of an organiser - as per below Bellamy wanted two things from him.

                      Do you want the smallest players running the ball a lot - they would be bashed out of the game- Flanagan is very slight framed.

                      “I was told two things in 2006, Craig told me that he’d pick me if I made my tackles and I had a good kicking game so the whole pre-season I practiced tackling and practiced my kicking game.

                      https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/ne...me-a-halfback/
                      Under the old style yes. But under the new touch football regime of six agains and one referee, we need two halves prepared to run to open up both sides of the field.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                        I thought Kyle went alright this year. He didn’t go to the line enough and unlock Manu, Tedesco and Morris enough. He made enough tackles and his goal kicking was class.

                        When Vlandys changed the rules mid season, that was when it became evident Kyle didn’t suit the new game. The coaches gave him time to adapt and he didn’t. Then he was dropped for a running half in Lam only for Lachlan to get injured and Kyle was recalled.

                        The Roosters made the difficult decision as Kyles play didn’t suit the new game style. We could’ve persevered but they know what’s coming through and looked to the future.

                        Good luck to Kyle. TiT
                        This is what I meant. Agree completely.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Now that the season is over and I can take emotion outta of the assesment I feel that

                          1. Flanno IMO didn't stand up in the big games.... when it counts. Many of the experienced guys in the team didn't either, but most of the team are proven premiership winning players who naturally will be given a longer rope. Flanno proved this season that he could kick goals, nothing else.

                          2. When he was there Rads IMO made Flanno look good, and as such Flanno overachieved while Rads was there. As halfback that's just not good enough. He needed to take more responsibility for our attack which he didn't.

                          3. Harshly or not Flanno didn't meet the high standards set by our club. Is it fair to get rid of of a player who doesn't meet expectations. I think so. It is better than lowering your expectations.

                          From what I've seen I don't think Lam is the answer nor do I think Flanno was ever going to be our long term 7. I say fast track Walker. If you are good enough you are old enough. If it doesn't work pull him back for a while and fix the mistakes.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            IMO it was odd and it's good to know it felt that way to him too.

                            That said... disappointing to see him going public like this. Some jobs simply don't work out. Not saying I'm a massive success story but even though I've done alright in my career, there's a couple of odd events that I'll never understand. Best to just ignore them and move on without voicing sour opinions really... nothing to be gained from doing it.

                            Hard one to swallow though all the same. He rightly says that he was the leading points scorer, they said he was doing well and sacking him robbed him of a title he probably shoulda won in 2020 (leading points scorer). As a clubman, I'm disappointed that somebody from another club took the prize from us as a result.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              God god, he contributed nothing in attack apart from goal kicking.
                              He was brought here to be developed and guess what Kyle. development is a two way street and you stayed in neutral and did not develop.
                              If he fitted in and wasn't such a little prat I think he may have been given more time, but he wasn't. I think I trust a multi premiership winning coach over some spoilt brat

                              He wasn't treated harsh, he got paid and did not deliver on what he was paid to do, what else did he deserve but to get sacked
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

                                Under the old style yes. But under the new touch football regime of six agains and one referee, we need two halves prepared to run to open up both sides of the field.
                                Well put and IMO saying 'touch footy' sums it up. All of this could be outside Kyle's control, which is why constant rule changes are farking annoying!!!!

                                Flanno's spent his whole childhood training solidly with his dad for first grade. Then they change the rules and it turns out he woulda been better off training as a ball running specialist rather than a traditional half. It doesn't just fark with the game when you change the rules... it farks people's careers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X