Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only fear is that Souths win it. My life’s ambition is to see us become the club with the most Premierships.

My greatest concern is the huge loss to Souths last year. It still perplexes me as to how such a showing could even be possible, and whether there’s something bigger at play, dunno. Getting an arse-kicking is fine - 30 points or whatever. But that score was like an alien space ship dropping out of the sky - I have no frame of reference for it and am not sure what it means, but one thing is certain: everything changes from that point.

On the up-side, we get two Premiership-winners back into the side with Radley and Verrils, and for each of the ageing guys we also have others moving one year closer to their peak: think Angus, Manu, Teddy, Butcher, Collins and Keary (to name a few).
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
      My fears, no, concerns, revolve around two things: no recognised 80 minute goal-kicker, and the halves should Keary suffer another concussion. Apart from that, if Cordner gets rested for 12 rounds as rumoured, it doesn't bode well for him but will give another player (Sitilli?) an extended run at left edge back row.
      Cronks going to be busy if he can have a hands on role - half back options - Lam/Walker/Keary - 5/8 options - Keary/ Keighran/Lam/Hutch -other options could be Volkman who is highly rated - Volkman should at least get a development contract and possibly a NRL 30 player squad contract.

If Cords is rested it may give an opportunity to Egan Butcher and Fletcher Baker to make their NRL debuts- Baker is a big lump of a lad at 194 cm and 107kg's returning to full training from an ACL and E Butcher is highly rated.

Comment

If Cords needs the first 12 weeks of he should bloody retire , he will have had almost 6 months of already by the time a game is played

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
          My only fear is that Souths win it. My life’s ambition is to see us become the club with the most Premierships.

My greatest concern is the huge loss to Souths last year. It still perplexes me as to how such a showing could even be possible, and whether there’s something bigger at play, dunno. Getting an arse-kicking is fine - 30 points or whatever. But that score was like an alien space ship dropping out of the sky - I have no frame of reference for it and am not sure what it means, but one thing is certain: everything changes from that point.

On the up-side, we get two Premiership-winners back into the side with Radley and Verrils, and for each of the ageing guys we also have others moving one year closer to their peak: think Angus, Manu, Teddy, Butcher, Collins and Keary (to name a few).
          I don't think it was tiredness/age/wear and tear etc i think they thought they would be playing the Storm and just had the attitude to get through the game without injury etc.

Once news came through about the Knights losing the attitude needed to change as it was game on as the Verms then had a chance for a home 1/4 final.

It didn't and they copped a thrashing as a result.- lessons hopefully were learnt as a result -players and coaches - the attitude needs to be the same no matter who they are playing or the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
            If Cords needs the first 12 weeks of he should bloody retire , he will have had almost 6 months of already by the time a game is played

How much longer can we afford to have a player on serious coin to have inconsistent playing seasons? That’s the question.

Comment

I wish I could find a job like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

How much longer can we afford to have a player on serious coin to have inconsistent playing seasons? That’s the question.
                I’d like to see him come out publicly and announce his retirement from representative footy at least for the next year.

Comment

Be no different to a player being out for that period due to injury - I am sure the Chooks are across the situation and hopefully identifying areas where he can change/modify his game - running the ball and defence - to reduce the possibility of concussions

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I wish I could find a job like that.
                    Cords wont be sitting at home in front of the TV etc - he will be on a modified training routine - so still working

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Be no different to a player being out for that period due to injury - I am sure the Chooks are across the situation and hopefully identifying areas where he can change/modify his game - running the ball and defence - to reduce the possibility of concussions
                      It's a contact sport , Cords can't change the way he plays ,it's in his DNA , I respect the bloke for what he has done for the club as a player and captain but it's in his best interest to retire at least from rep footy if not all footy , he just hadn't realised it yet

Comment

It basically is an injury & I have no problem with him sitting out 6 months & getting paid. He puts it all on the line whether he is playing for the Chooks, NSW & Australia.

Comment

I don't think it was tiredness/age/wear and tear etc i think they thought they would be playing the Storm and just had the attitude to get through the game without injury etc.

Once news came through about the Knights losing the attitude needed to change as it was game on as the Verms then had a chance for a home 1/4 final.

It didn't and they copped a thrashing as a result.- lessons hopefully were learnt as a result -players and coaches - the attitude needs to be the same no matter who they are playing or the situation.
                          Be all that as it may, but to not be able to slow the thrashing down - against our mortal enemy? Just show something. Anything.
                          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

My fear-Goal kicking.Dropping just 1 game because of not having a recognised kicker can be very costly come end of the year.

Anyone know the ability of Sam Walker or Adam Keighran as goal kickers?

Comment

Cords wont be sitting at home in front of the TV etc - he will be on a modified training routine - so still working
                              I realise but he can’t win us games by training. We aren’t paying him for this.

Comment

It's a contact sport , Cords can't change the way he plays ,it's in his DNA , I respect the bloke for what he has done for the club as a player and captain but it's in his best interest to retire at least from rep footy if not all footy , he just hadn't realised it yet
                                It’s in the clubs best interests for Boyd to retire. No use in giving the guy 12 weeks off. He will no doubt get injured once he is back. What’s the point? If not for the salary cap you could give him as much time off as needed.

And yes you can’t expect a tough bugger like
                                Boyd to suddenly go soft. Not possible for him. And that’s why we love him.

Comment

Working...
                                X