Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Telegraph Reporting Suaalii will sign next week

Don't have the article, but via their instagram:

"The rabbitohs are set to release Jospeh Suaalii to the Roosters next week. He will only be on a development contract next year at Bondi but his money will increase substantially in following seasons." How farken good!!

Another chapter for the 'Book of Fools'. Lol souffs

Welcome to the best club on the planet... Go Easts

Comment

never seen him play but sounds like he's the next big thing, so good news. good luck to him.

Comment

Having a brainfart at the moment, does a development contract mean he can't play first grade at all next year or will he be able to?

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          Having a brainfart at the moment, does a development contract mean he can't play first grade at all next year or will he be able to?
          Did a quick web search... I think they can play but you need to be 18 to have a development contract and development players need an exemption to be named in the top 30 before June 30.

---

Web search (SMH)...

> Under current rules, NRL clubs can only sign players to a full-time top-30 or development contract at the age of 18, preventing them from playing NRL until they're adults. But train-and-trial deals can be formalised as long as a player is 17 on November 1.

My guess is they can play NRL? Trying to think who but I reckon somebody like Lussick was probably on a development contract?

Presumably some sorta train and trial deal with his NRL contract being a mere formality as soon as he turns 18? (If the SMH's interpretation is current and accurate).

NRL.com...

https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/

> 2018 - Replacement of the NRL second tier with the NRL Development List where players will be entitled to $60,000 p.a.

And a note about the COVID arrangements this year...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/04/...ter-new-deals/

> Players on development contracts will be available to play as soon as the competition resumes on May 28, easing the rule that required an NRL exemption for them to be named before June 30.
          Last edited by ism22; 11-21-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I think it means he’s not included in our first grade squad of 30 and will need to be upgraded before playing NRL. He doesn’t turn 18 until August so we would need an exemption for him to play first grade before then anyway. Wonder if by signing him on a development deal whether we save a bit of cap space next season.

Comment

How ****ing good! lol@Souffs

We steal the best young talent since SBW from their grasp in retaliation for Latrine.

Don't **** with Uncle Nick, he doesn't mess around!

Comment

A development player could play first grade after June 30 providing they are 18. JS turns 18 in August so would be eligible to debut late in the regular season,possibly the last 3 or 4 games.

Comment

Great news! Hope he's worth it

Comment

Excellent new , hope he lives up to the expectations and not to much pressure is piled upon the kid.
                    Now resign Gus

Comment

Had a quick look on the warren and someone on there reckons it’s a swap for Angus...LOL now imagine if that turns out to be true

Comment

17 years of age already 6’4 close to 100kgs we have our own Stephen Crichton.. from all - and I mean all I haven’t read one bad wrap on this kid he is a clone between Folau & Inglis.. heaps to get excited about with our coaching who knows how good this kid can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                          Excellent new , hope he lives up to the expectations and not to much pressure is piled upon the kid.
                          Now resign Gus
                          LOL, there will be nothing but expectations and pressure on this kid.

Comment

It is great news, on the face of it, but let's hope that everything works out as well as we all hope it does. It is promising though!
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

The legend of uncle nick grows even larger

Comment

Working...
                              X