Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be our next Captain once Jake and Cords retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pick a role model. Someone who leads by example, and I don’t just mean on the field. In light of recent events I couldn’t pick Angus. I believe integrity and being a good person is so important in a leader. I would go for Teddy or Luke or even both.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
      I reckon SST would make a good captain. Leads by example, never gets in trouble and has a certain air of awesomeness about him.
      i like the quiet lead by example captains but maybe sst's a bit too quiet to deal with refs

Comment

Interesting topic. Glad we are blessed with so many quality options.

Teddy for me atm. To be given the NSW captaincy is a massive deal. Freddy who IMO is the best club and state leader I've seen play for our club/state, who knows a thing or two about long term leadership, selected Teddy to be the state VC and then skipper.

Teddy needs to grow that extra voice will the refs, and I think he can. He appears to have all the qualities of a good leader. Strong voice on the field. Calm under pressure. Doesn't blow his top, and is well respected both on and off the field by team mates, oppostion, fans and the media.

Comment

I agree Rads is probably not quite mature enough for captain material ....yet !
          I can recall a period when a young Brad Fittler hardly looked like he'd ever be a team leader, but look at how that turned out as he matured and grew as a player.

Of the current crop, I actually think Keary would make a pretty good captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            I like the idea of 1 captain & they have to play 80 minutes.
            Agreed.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

I agree that Rads is not yet ready (but could be). Luke, Teddy or Angus are the most likely (in descending order). If ism's thread is right, Angus has dropped down my preference list unfortunately, but let's keep an open mind.

SST is an interesting thought, but he could be too quiet and humble for the role.

I also prefer having just the one captain for 80 minutes.
              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Rads for me.. some may say he is abit immature but so was Freddy off the field.. main thing is rads leads by example ON the field. Angus also a good option.
                My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Gus

Comment

Rads - sure has a bit of growing up to do but I’m not sure if anyone loves the club and the local area more. Look at his commitment to the club after season ending injury, staying in the bubble. He is Eastern Suburbs through and through, 100%. Even Gus had time away but rads is a junior, has always been a rooster and will always be a rooster.

Comment

Luke or Teddy or both.

Comment

No more multi-captains. One captain and one vice-captain only. Angus as captain and Joey as vice.

Comment

Don't be teary deary, its Luke Keary.

Comment

Imagine poor ol Toups as Captain...

It'd be the most humble captain challenge every time... even if it was the Grand final, in the last 10 seconds of play and we just got disallowed a clear try to win the game...

Comment

SST or Teddy for me. Teddy was the NSW Captain and led them to victory in Game 2, SST is a clean player, leads by example and he's seemingly a good influence around the squad. He could be quite respectful to the refs and then they might start liking us a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by FREEMAN89 View Post
                                Imagine poor ol Toups as Captain...

It'd be the most humble captain challenge every time... even if it was the Grand final, in the last 10 seconds of play and we just got disallowed a clear try to win the game...
                                “ What ref? That wasn’t forward?! Oh it was? Okay sorry.” Or “ “
                                “Hey Ref are we allowed to challenge that? We are?! Okay thank you. “

Comment

Working...
                                X