Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be our next Captain once Jake and Cords retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be our next Captain once Jake and Cords retire?

Both champions and will be a sad day when they no longer lead us.. but when that time happens will it be Rads, Crichton, Teddy or someone else?

I’ll get in early and say Rads. Like Cords a natural leader of men
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

I was surprised that Freddy made Teddy the NSW skipper. If he is still here he may get it. So may Angus - also if he is still here.

Comment

Angus and Rads

Comment

Rads is a bit too immature between the ears for mine.

I love his attitude on the field and approach to the game, but a captain he aint.

Teddy or Angus first choice for me. I'd be happy with either.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
          Rads is a bit too immature between the ears for mine.

I love his attitude on the field and approach to the game, but a captain he aint.

Teddy or Angus first choice for me. I'd be happy with either.
          Yeah Rads is no leader yet like you said has some growing up to do he’s prolly my favourite Rooster love his enthusiasm and what he brings to our team. Teddy or Angus I prefer forward leaders Gus then Teddy. Maybe Rads can share the captaincy with Sammy V after that.

Comment

I like the idea of 1 captain & they have to play 80 minutes.

Comment

Keary to 7 and Captain

Comment

I was listening to SEN radio this morning with Matty johns and Andrew Webster and they interviewed Harry Grant, they asked him about his role and how the build up was for him before the game and he was unsure how he would play with friendy on at 9 but he pointed out how friend took one for the team and looked after grant telling him to play his game at 9 and he’ll just float around. I found this very telling about our skipper and the selfless attitude towards the team. Whoever leads us, they will have learnt well following two of the best in Jake and Boyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                  I was listening to SEN radio this morning with Matty johns and Andrew Webster and they interviewed Harry Grant, they asked him about his role and how the build up was for him before the game and he was unsure how he would play with friendy on at 9 but he pointed out how friend took one for the team and looked after grant telling him to play his game at 9 and he’ll just float around. I found this very telling about our skipper and the selfless attitude towards the team. Whoever leads us, they will have learnt well following two of the best in Jake and Boyd.
                  I was very disappointed to see that Jake made way for Grant in game 3 , especially with how long it's taken Jake to stamp his own legacy in that format.

The feeling was even worse when H.G had a blinder like we all expected him too.

Makes the feeling ALOT more bearable knowing that Jake chose to allow it.

Selfless.

Comment

Radley will be our captain at some stage, might be a little while down the track. I can see Keary being our captain if Cords and Friendy finish up in the next couple of years

Comment

I like Angus, seems a sensible character.

Comment

I don't want it to be teddy.

Don't get me wrong, and I mean no disrespect in saying this...

But Teddy doesn't need it, not at the expense of his on field performances.

Yes, teddy did grow up loving this club and i feel there also wouldn't be a much greater achievement than Captaining the club to a premiership..

But I also feel it would be a massive burden to go along with the 'World's best player' that we all know he is.

I just want teddy to focus on what he loves, and that's the roosters and footy.

And before anyone else brings up Roger as an example.... he plays for the Warriors, they're never expected to win anything... so any achievements besides that are a bonus and a glowing reflection of his 'leadership qualities'.

Teddy wouldn't be afforded that luxury.

Comment

I think Angus would be a good leader. The responsibility will take his game to the next level. Teddy is busy enough to have to worry about the whole team as well.

Rads is my favorite but I don’t think he is mature enough to be captain. He can lead in other ways.

Comment

I reckon SST would make a good captain. Leads by example, never gets in trouble and has a certain air of awesomeness about him.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                              I reckon SST would make a good captain. Leads by example, never gets in trouble and has a certain air of awesomeness about him.
                              He’s a bit of a quiet head down worker though, like teddy I don’t know if he can handle both being captain, and playing his role for us. Angus seems a stand out for me, he has characteristics about him that I believe would make him a great captain.

Comment

Working...
                              X