Soo3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
    I saw Jake run the ball over the sideline in the 2018 GF. Special moment. I know the season is over but if Lindsay hadn’t been injured for the game against the Faiders........
    LOL and people are saying he should retire in another thread. He's coming of age...

Why only fear is that he won't get the same treatment at club level. For example before he runs backwards (with 20 seconds on the clock) they'll immediately stop the clock and call knock-on while a scrum is packed.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

LOL and people are saying he should retire in another thread. He's coming of age...

Why only fear is that he won't get the same treatment at club level. For example before he runs backwards (with 20 seconds on the clock) they'll immediately stop the clock and call knock-on while a scrum is packed.
      If by any chance you are refering to my tongue in cheek comment that Jake should retire the maybe look at the rolling eyes after the comment

Comment

Glad for Jake gets to a SOO win and Lindsay....2 couldnt give a shit ..I fan boy for premierships 3....a joke Walker over Keary ...4... Dallm fraud is a back rower cost NSW at least a draw with his hog on the professional foul penalty ..looked at Toups who was unmarked and went to grouned.
        ...5...Freddy cant coach in the era of 6 again. cCnters are now very important -Fail . 6.....On paper NSW shouldve white washed the cane toads but struggled to even get the two series wins ...coaching and selection .7... get coke head out of Freddy's ear .
        Last edited by The Brain; 11-19-2020, 10:36 AM.
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Oh and I forgot 8 and 9 points Toups and Angus gave away penalties and a dropped balls respectively to result in 2 cane toad tries ...not good enough
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

NSW scored more points this series than QLD so IMO the coaching wasn't the issue. For me poor execution and on field decisions by the halves cost NSW during the big moments. Thoses things need to be coachrd in 1st grade. Not learned in origin.

Comment

Walker was a waste of space in game 3 and Wighton is overrated. Neither involved themselves enough last night. Nathan Cleary should be the NSW no7 but Luke Keary should have remained at no.6 IMO. Would have picked Ryan Papenhuyzen at 14 to add the spark of the bench in all 3 games. Not having Tom Trybovic was a massive Xfactor missing this series

Comment

Also Jai Arrow is an absolute DOG. Won't expect anything less from a scumbag who signs with the Souffs.

Can someone please explain why he wasn't sin binned or at the very least penalised for that?

Comment

Excactly Ryan Papenhuyzen would have been a much better choice and replacement fullbackmay have even won the game for the blues

Comment

Regarding the contact of Papali's knee to Teddy's head - it should have been a penalty. If a player falls into a tackle and is struck in the head by an arm then it is deemed accidental contact but still a penalty. Should have been the same result here.

As for Jai Arrow's initial reaction - dress rehearsal for his stint at the vermin.

Comment

1. Poor coaching

Bennett 40 years of experience at every level.........Freddy worried about earthing with shoes off walking around the oval.

2.wrong bench when Yao come on it nullified one side of attack and left problems with speed in d.
                      3. there must be a reason their forwards were dominating field position in games 1 and 3.
                      this is most likely due to a) simple footy whereby blokes run hard and quick play the balls by finding the front. Defence not able to stop and slow the ball carrier and put them on their back.
                      the Queensland forwards played harder( this is not skill..it is desire)
                      4. Nathan Brown......wtf? No Pappy or even a utility backMadness,madness,madness
                      5.Lindsay Collins was our best forward in the last 3 games of the year that he played in. no surprise he went well.
                      6.yes Harry Grant was exceptional..........but we all know that right? We should have been better prepared......coaching.
                      7.Papalli knee was intentional. Guaranteed.
                      8.Nathan Cleary kicking game was super crap in general. Didn’t find space. Clearing kicks too short. Don’t ever ever kick in goal with 2 min to go.
                      9.referee bias was towards Queensland.
                      10. qld people believe their own bullshit. Look at the borders. Look at the premier.......she gets re-elected. Doesn’t care about the rest of Australia....just a bunch of NIMBY simpletons.
                      barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Well done to QLD.
                        I can see Jai Arrow becoming everyone’s favorite next year at Souths.

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post

1. Poor coaching

Bennett 40 years of experience at every level.........Freddy worried about earthing with shoes off walking around the oval.

2.wrong bench when Yao come on it nullified one side of attack and left problems with speed in d.
                          3. there must be a reason their forwards were dominating field position in games 1 and 3.
                          this is most likely due to a) simple footy whereby blokes run hard and quick play the balls by finding the front. Defence not able to stop and slow the ball carrier and put them on their back.
                          the Queensland forwards played harder( this is not skill..it is desire)
                          4. Nathan Brown......wtf? No Pappy or even a utility backMadness,madness,madness
                          5.Lindsay Collins was our best forward in the last 3 games of the year that he played in. no surprise he went well.
                          6.yes Harry Grant was exceptional..........but we all know that right? We should have been better prepared......coaching.
                          7.Papalli knee was intentional. Guaranteed.
                          8.Nathan Cleary kicking game was super crap in general. Didn’t find space. Clearing kicks too short. Don’t ever ever kick in goal with 2 min to go.
                          9.referee bias was towards Queensland.
                          10. qld people believe their own bullshit. Look at the borders. Look at the premier.......she gets re-elected. Doesn’t care about the rest of Australia....just a bunch of NIMBY simpletons.
                          Props were week. In all 3 games...no muscle
                          Last edited by The Brain; 11-19-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Just on the Cleary grubber with 2 to go. I just had a look at it again and I actually don’t think that’s on him. QLD were shot to bits on that side and Cleary was trying to get the ball to Wighton. He got a great ball from Cook and engaged the 3-in defender DCE. All that needed to happen was Nathan Brown hits a standard line outside DCE to hold up Gagai so Cleary can go out the back to Wighton which would’ve created a 3 on 1. And instead old Nathan Brown drops underneath Cleary with his hands down like some half arsed training run and blows any shape we had. Crichton had now pushed up to give Cleary a passing option but that was too risky so he rolled it in to get another set. The alternative is he runs, is probably tackled and it’s 4th with Wighton coming from the short side not having organised anything for the open.

Nathan Brown had played 10 mins of the game and had just come off the bench fresh. To miss your assignment under those circumstances is inexcusable. It highlights why Parra will not win a comp any time soon when he’s considered their forward leader. Why Freddy carried him over Papenhuyzen or McInnes is beyond me.

Hate to say it but if Walker is on the field in the last five I have no doubt we’d score there and it would come down to a kick from the sideline.
                            Last edited by Yak; 11-19-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Qld forwards smashed NSW up the middle and Freddie picked two blokes in the centres playing out of position who gagai dusted all series.
                              Cleary was kicking from near his own 30 and getting planted on his backside and people want to blame him for the loss.
                              Qld ran harder and tackled harder that's why they won , it was stupid odds for a decider at Suncorp.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
                                Just on the Cleary grubber with 2 to go. I just had a look at it again and I actually don’t think that’s on him. QLD were shot to bits on that side and Cleary was trying to get the ball to Wighton. He got a great ball from Cook and engaged the 3-in defender DCE. All that needed to happen was Nathan Brown hits a standard line outside DCE to hold up Gagai so Cleary can go out the back to Wighton which would’ve created a 3 on 1. And instead old Nathan Brown drops underneath Cleary with his hands down like some half arsed training run and blows any shape we had. Crichton had now pushed up to give Cleary a passing option but that was too risky so he rolled it in to get another set. The alternative is he runs, is probably tackled and it’s 4th with Wighton coming from the short side not having organised anything for the open.

Nathan Brown had played 10 mins of the game and had just come off the bench fresh. To miss your assignment under those circumstances is inexcusable. It highlights why Parra will not win a comp any time soon when he’s considered their forward leader. Why Freddy carried him over Papenhuyzen or McInnes is beyond me.

Hate to say it but if Walker is on the field in the last five I have no doubt we’d score there and it would come down to a kick from the sideline.
                                Forget Walker. NSW lost it when Teddy went off the field.

Imagine if they had Paps on the bench and could have replaced Teddy. Different game imo. Yeo was terrible and except for one half break, didnt look anything a centres areshole on the night. Paps could have filled that spot as well.
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X