2021: Cordner OUT - SBW IN ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021: Cordner OUT - SBW IN ?

Since there is some word going around today suggesting that Boyd should sit out next season (for 6 months or the entire season) which may or may not lead to an official medical based retirement, I think the Roosters will move swiftly to try and re-sign SBW for one more season. The Roosters could make some sort of financial exemption request with the NRL relating to Boyd’s current registered contract (salary) if a decision is made for him to sit out for 6 months or more. An exemption ($$$) of some kind could be used to sign SBW so he can go one more year and especially since he won’t be playing for the Toronto Wolfpack next season as they have been basically booted out of the super league comp in 2021, other than boxing, I’m sure he would consider playing one more season in the NRL and one more season with the Roosters.
    • In some way it does make sense as we could have that “influential leader” in SBW to rally the boys and keep them on track in 2021.
    • Towards the end and especially in the elimination game against Canberra, SBW was arguably one of the best on field so imagine an SBW rested and given a proper pre-season? He would be a very potent player (even though he’s in his mid-30s) given time and training.

Note: Also, Angus Crichton NEEDS to be retained at any and all costs. We have plenty of other players coming thru but quality players like Boyd and Angus are rare these days. He needs to stay with the Chooks especially with the future of Boyd up in the air.

Thoughts ?

SBW is not good enough to be a starting second rower in NRL first grade anymore. Not to mention, a ticking time bomb with injury.

I love the bloke, but it's over. Stop living in the past.

Priority is resigning Crichton, and getting Robbo & Fitzy to whip Sitili's defence into shape bloody quick smart.

Comment

I agree, Crichton and Sitili can cover the back row.
      It looks like Cordner may take a 12 Month break or 12 week break as we could get Cap compensation as he injured himself in SoO.
      I copy - pasted an article from the DT here but it came up Unapproved, is it against the rules?

Comment

If Cords has to sit out, that’s unfortunate but his health comes first. If Sitili could improve his defence a bit, we could have him and Angus in the second row with Rads at lock. That is a top tier back row. Friend will have to be the on field leader and I’ve got faith that he’ll thrive next year.

Comment

Sonny wasn't as bad as some on here make out.

He was pretty solid I reckon.

Comment

Egan Butcher is another candidate along with Fletcher Baker and maybe Max Bailey - No to SBW though

Comment

sbw might have a full season of top footy in him but it would be a gamble. one problem is that the nrl would probably slap some unrealistic market rate on him which prices him out of the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                sbw might have a full season of top footy in him but it would be a gamble. one problem is that the nrl would probably slap some unrealistic market rate on him which prices him out of the comp.
                Last year he was valued at 750k, realistically, next year he shouldn’t be valued over 600k,

Comment

The good news is that Friend's looking like a real captain at Origin level.

Love Cords but it could be a MASSIVE opportunity for Friend to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Last year he was valued at 750k, realistically, next year he shouldn’t be valued over 600k,
                    They have a few youngsters that deserve a shot so they need to develop them instead- have to wait and see what happens when Robbo meets with Cords.

Comment

No to SBW.
                      Fitzy was in charge of our non-existent attack this year..please get someone else for next year.
                      Michael Cheika was a waste of time thankfully he is gone.

Comment

I think that the SBW ship has sailed, so no on that one.

Our priority is to re-sign Angus and bolster Sitili's defense.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post
                          No to SBW.
                          Fitzy was in charge of our non-existent attack this year..please get someone else for next year.
                          Funnily enough, we had the best attack in the comp this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post
                            No to SBW.
                            I thought Fitzy was the dee coach not attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I thought Fitzy was the dee coach not attack.
                              Maybe Peter Garrett can go a few rounds at #11?

Comment

Working...
                              X