Boyd Cordner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyd Cordner

I hate talking about this but seriously he’s deadset 1 or 2 head knocks away from retirement, he has been battered from pillar to post the last couple years especially this year, Boyd give away Origin seriously you have nothing to prove, why is it that he gets head knocks more then others?
    Does he put himself in bad positions when tackling?
    Is he just unlucky?
    Or have the repeated knocks taken a toll on him already?
    Fatigue resulting in making bad decisions in defence?
    Tackling technique?
    He lost his cousin recently to a freak accident, I couldn’t imagine how I would feel if the next knock resulted in permanent irreversible damage.

I love the guy to bits he’s one of the most inspirational players/leaders the game has ever seen, health is wealth Boyd.

Thoughts.

Well said. There's more important things than footy. Esp if he wants kids.

Comment

Cannot believe he played in the first place.

Comment

I’d be happy for Boyd to retire. I think the possibility of a head knock weights on his mind in games and it’s effecting his performance.

Comment

It's his body and it's his call. Why would he not want to play if he feels fine and the doctors have given him the all clear?? There seems to be a lot of 'neurosurgeons' out there prepared to make a call on Boyd's career without even consulting him at the moment

Comment

Real issue if he does because we may lose Angus or Sitili in the meantime and they would be the replacements.

Comment

Does anyone believe head gear would help Boyd. Or is it ineffective in regards to concussion.

Comment

Unfortunately we seem to have 3 players at the moment that are susceptible to concussion . Its a hard situation and as someone pointed out we are not doctors. But for me health is the most important thing If it was me I would retire

Comment

Originally posted by bucknaked View Post
                  Does anyone believe head gear would help Boyd. Or is it ineffective in regards to concussion.
                  Ineffective. The brain still rattled in the skull. That is where the damage is done
                  Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                    It's his body and it's his call. Why would he not want to play if he feels fine and the doctors have given him the all clear?? There seems to be a lot of 'neurosurgeons' out there prepared to make a call on Boyd's career without even consulting him at the moment
                    Been a boxing fan since I was a kid, and I can tell you Boyd is very clearly in a bad way and looks like a boxer at the end of his career who is getting KOed by shots he would easily take early in his career..the one on weds night was a glancing blow and it rattled him, that is concerning on many levels... people arnt acting like doctors we are just concerned for him and although it is his body and his choice sometimes an athlete needs to be told it’s over..

I think he could play on but I feel he needs to call it quits for rep footy, his body just simply isn’t up to it no matter how big his heart is... it’s like watching Floyd Mayweather beat up Arturo Gatti at this point.
                    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

Been a boxing fan since I was a kid, and I can tell you Boyd is very clearly in a bad way and looks like a boxer at the end of his career who is getting KOed by shots he would easily take early in his career..the one on weds night was a glancing blow and it rattled him, that is concerning on many levels... people arnt acting like doctors we are just concerned for him and although it is his body and his choice sometimes an athlete needs to be told it’s over..

I think he could play on but I feel he needs to call it quits for rep footy, his body just simply isn’t up to it no matter how big his heart is... it’s like watching Floyd Mayweather beat up Arturo Gatti at this point.
                      I am sure Boyd will do what is best for his long term health, like I am sure he's receiving the best possible medical advice. What he doesn't need is all these 'experts' in the media telling him what he should and shouldn't do

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        Real issue if he does because we may lose Angus or Sitili in the meantime and they would be the replacements.
                        Obviously I hate seeing him hurt and after the first Melbourne game where he had zero idea where he was stumbling and fumbling around it was so incredibly hard to watch and the main concern here is Boyd’s health but that’s exactly where I was also going with this, here we have a potential future captain in Gussy and a rising star in Sitili, our future needs to be consolidated also .

Comment

As much as I’d hate to lose him but if he thinks it’s affecting his playing instincts and is detrimental to his future well being, then it’s time to take a year off and re- assess.
                          whatever he decides, he’ll still go down as one of the roosters greats.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

It happened to Mario Fenech and Ronny Gibbs at the back end of their careers who like Cords were two incredibly tough players. The knock outs become more frequent as the ability to absorb punishment decreases.
                            Boxers who get knocked out are the same as they can't take the shots they could when they are younger. It used to be called punch drunk and it's not nice to see as someone ages when the effects of it come to the fore.
                            I love Cords but I think he should seriously start to consider life after footy for his long term health and well being.

Comment

Boyd has achieved everything in the game and then some...when time comes for him to make a decision this is going to make it a lot easier for him I would think

Comment

Working...
                              X