Boyd Cordner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I am well aware of the issues he suffered in 2019. The way people were carrying on I thought he must have had a knock in 2020 that I missed
    The damage may have already been done and that is what all 3 need to think about going forward- Is it worth it that in 30 odd years time they could be in some home under 24 hour care not recognising anyone or remembering very little and being fed like a baby again- that's the possible life they may have.

They maybe able to prolong the onset of these by retiring earlier but they wont be able to stop it
    Last edited by King Salvo; 11-06-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      Cordner's been ruled out of series

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/06/...origin-series/

I was wondering if anyone thinks that Friend suffered a head knock in game 1- he got up and rolled his arm around like it was an arm/shoulder problem though

In my view Cordner and Keary are either 1 bad head knock or a series of minor ones away from medical retirement - Friend possibly also.

I was wondering if they isolate these head knocks to see if these or some could be avoided and thus train players to avoid these scenario's. One's such as when a player gets their head in the wrong position when tackling can be avoided - some of those one with front of tackles resulting in head clashes possibly - players being flung to the ground or back slammed and hit their head on the ground - up to refs/nrl i suppose if rules are required to eliminate these tackles.
      Saw that, he was definitely knocked out for a second, rolled his shoulder to take attention off the head knock.
      Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 11-06-2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

common sense prevailing.
        maybe one way of prolonging his career is to have a think about retiring from rep footy.

Comment

Happy to see him take a break... I hope he reevaluates everything in his off time. On a different note, can’t believe Keary was dropped for walker... Clez is a big game myth imo

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
            Cannot believe he played in the first place.
            Exactly. That was madness.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
              common sense prevailing.
              Maybe one way of prolonging his career is to have a think about retiring from rep footy.
              yes

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                Cordner's been ruled out of series

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/06/...origin-series/

I was wondering if anyone thinks that Friend suffered a head knock in game 1- he got up and rolled his arm around like it was an arm/shoulder problem though.
                I made mention of this in the SOO thread, he stumbled for a moment and had a glazed eyes look. It looked bad imho.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                  common sense prevailing.
                  maybe one way of prolonging his career is to have a think about retiring from rep footy.
                  Well maybe but if Boyd has concussion issues, missing a few rep games each year won't make a difference. I think next year will decide one way or another what his future holds.

Comment

Boyd is one concussion away from premature retirement. I would be surprised if he doesn’t call it a day some time next season tbh.
                    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                      Boyd is one concussion away from premature retirement. I would be surprised if he doesn’t call it a day some time next season tbh.
                      rubbish , he needs a break

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

rubbish , he needs a break
                        Can’t see him coming back from here mun which is unfortunate.
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Like someone pointed out earlier, if boyd was a boxer he would be at the end of his career or nearing it anyway, his chin has deteriorated and he can’t take collisions it’s equivalent to a glass jaw. This isn’t a injury where it can just heal itself and go away if he continues to get rocked it’ll add up overtime and boyd will most likely see the repercussions later on. This puts more pressure on us to resign Angus and Sitili now as it’s looking likely they will be our future second rowers.

Comment

Hard to think of a player who has played so long and so hard and not broken down. Clyde played like him and was constantly injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              Hard to think of a player who has played so long and so hard and not broken down. Clyde played like him and was constantly injured.
                              Shane Webke , bloke was a machine

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                                Friend is in the same boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X