Teddy and Angus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy and Angus

Both Teddy and Angus in the paper today saying how much they love our club and how much they want to stay.

Angus’ quote was particularly enthusiastic. I don’t think I have ever seen the like for any club by any player. Most players just say they would like to stay and hope it works out.

”I love the Roosters and I don’t want to leave. I love the club, the coaches, the style we play, the area, all my mates go for the club. My plan is to hang around. There is a lot more I want to do and want to prove.”

Now that’s a roosters captain in waiting.

How our club has changed since the transit lounge days.

Players staying because they love the club. Willing to take unders to play here. The message it sends to potential recruits and other clubs hoping to take our players.

We are in a once in a lifetime golden period.
    Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 11-01-2020, 08:18 AM.

I reckon he’d be able to talk to a ref too. A skill we haven’t had in a captain for a while.

Comment

]
      I want both of them here long term. Both integral parts of this squad and club moving forward. They are players who lead by their actions and as another poster has just said Angus seems well articulated
      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

I have noticed it from most of our players the past years. I would say it’s drilled into them by the media manager and senior staff
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I’d say it’s honest and not contrived.

Comment

Let’s make it happen uncle nick resign both of these guys

Comment

I’d say it’s a part of the handshake deal with Nick
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

maybe a few deals have been agreed or mainly agreed but nothing announced cos of origin.

Comment

I would be pretty devastated if we lost either of these players, as they reflect our great Club so well both on and off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                    I have noticed it from most of our players the past years. I would say it’s drilled into them by the media manager and senior staff
                    yep, I remember latrell saying the same. In the end, especially for Angus, I think he needs the assurance of a starting position weekly to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

yep, I remember latrell saying the same. In the end, especially for Angus, I think he needs the assurance of a starting position weekly to stay.
                      I can tell you for a fact he will be shattered if he has to go.

Comment

Not that you need my validation Tobin But I believe you on Angus He has always been a Rooster that is why he came back
                        We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                        Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I can tell you for a fact he will be shattered if he has to go.
                          Not doubting that at all, but plenty of our players have been forced out, even in the past 3years, players who have been here longer, and players I thought would never leave, but I don’t think Angus wants to be remembered as a bench player. Now I’ve got no idea whether injuries are the main reason, that since being with us, he has not cemented a starting spot.

in 2021 there is no reason he shouldn’t be starting every game next to Boyd, hopefully that chance has been given to him before rival offers start guaranteeing him that chance, without reducing his salary.

Comment

It became pretty clear that he is the starting 12 going forward. He ended up well ahead of Sitili and Aubbo has retired (I can’t believe he was even in the same ballpark anyway).

Comment

Angus would walk into any other teams starting 13 which the Roosters know so if the Roosters want him he will be retained.

Comment

Working...
                              X