Origin debuts for Keary and Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
    Hey Andrew, H L Menken's quotes are famous. It was him who said that the sooner the American people want someone just like themselves to lead, the sooner there will be a moron as President. He also observed that most people lose all curiosity sometime in childhood. There are numbers on this site that give truth to both of those observations.
    My Year 10 references in past postings referred strictly to Murdoch "journalists" and "experts". More often than not the Working Class had no choice with regard to leaving school and finding employment
    I'm proud to come from working class immigrants. My mother worked as a seamstress in Redfern and cut through the oval every day when she got off the train to get to the factory. My father and grandfather established 3 businesses in our home town, accumulated a large property portfolio including commercial buildings (a bank was OUR tenant, not the other way around) and donated so much to charity we now have streets and parks in Queensland bearing our surname. I've never had too much trouble finding work even in Covid compared to many others whom I wish well to, won a council award when I had my own business after being open for just 3 months, beating out 9 other businesses and am now finding I spend my days assisting others at work who have degrees but don't have experience or knowledge. I left school at 15 because my father died from long term injuries and illness stemming back from his days in WWII ensuring that people like you could have a better life. I still got into the top 10% in the state in English in year 10 despite not coming from an English speaking background. (No Qld jokes about folks are dumb where I come from..)

Last edited by redwhiteblue; 10-31-2020, 02:15 PM.
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Or opening bushiness to employ the tossers like you that your degree meant nothing but paper
      Oh you are going to love this story...I had to correct the spelling of someone at work who is going to be a dentist..he kept spelling rapper as something else..minus one of the letters as in the surname of a former Dragons great. He really thought he was talking about rappers..

Comment

Well done to all our lads who made SOO.

But I'm particularly happy for our 3 debutants, and over the moon for Jake, it's been a long time coming...
        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I'm proud to come from working class immigrants. My mother worked as a seamstress in Redfern and cut through the oval every day when she got off the train to get to the factory. My father and grandfather established 3 businesses in our home town, accumulated a large property portfolio including commercial buildings (a bank was OUR tenant, not the other way around) and donated so much to charity we now have streets and parks in Queensland bearing our surname. I've never had too much trouble finding work even in Covid compared to many others whom I wish well to, won a council award when I had my own business after being open for just 3 months, beating out 9 other businesses and am now finding I spend my days assisting others at work who have degrees but don't have experience or knowledge. I left school at 15 because my father died from long term injuries and illness stemming back from his days in WWII ensuring that people like you could have a better life. I still got into the top 10% in the state in English in year 10 despite not coming from an English speaking background. (No Qld jokes about folks are dumb where I come from..)

Beautiful RWB. Great stuff, even for a Queenslander

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

Beautiful RWB. Great stuff, even for a Queenslander
            Thank you but I follow the Blues (but don't tell Jake).. as I've lived here since 1989 apart from small sabbaticals when Mum was unwell.. .I have a sister who was born in Paddington but swears she is a Queenslander..

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Oh you are going to love this story...I had to correct the spelling of someone at work who is going to be a dentist..he kept spelling rapper as something else..minus one of the letters as in the surname of a former Dragons great. He really thought he was talking about rappers..
              Never was any good at school as you can probably tell by my spelling and grammar but after I left school sought help with my maths and now I am probably at uni level.still can't spell for a bugger . Started my own businesses after working for a bloke that I now consider a mentor .Employed 5 people at the peak which I know isn't a huge business but in our small town it help . Out of that we bought a small farm and eventually semi retired nearly 20 years ago and now work weekends and a Monday in a hardware store . Not Bunnings .point to all that is even without a uni education or even not passing year 10 I and anyone else can do well without being the most educated person on the block if you are just willing to have ago and not expect everything for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Never was any good at school as you can probably tell by my spelling and grammar but after I left school sought help with my maths and now I am probably at uni level.still can't spell for a bugger . Started my own businesses after working for a bloke that I now consider a mentor .Employed 5 people at the peak which I know isn't a huge business but in our small town it help . Out of that we bought a small farm and eventually semi retired nearly 20 years ago and now work weekends and a Monday in a hardware store . Not Bunnings .point to all that is even without a uni education or even not passing year 10 I and anyone else can do well without being the most educated person on the block if you are just willing to have ago and not expect everything for nothing
                Grammar is not a sign of whether or not you have intellect I left school at 15 but always passed maths English history geography The reason I rarely use it on here is I spent 15 years working for a company where we had to write down our analysis briefly in minimal time frame At 1st I used correct grammar and punctuation only to be told you are wasting your time doing so Reasoning being these are extra key strokes and we can read what you are saying without them It is now habit on social media and the only times I use it now is if I’m sending business emails or when someone online pulls me up on it The latter doesn’t last long as it is usually said by someone whose only comeback is pointing out grammatical errors
                We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                  Hey Andrew, H L Menken's quotes are famous. It was him who said that the sooner the American people want someone just like themselves to lead, the sooner there will be a moron as President. He also observed that most people lose all curiosity sometime in childhood. There are numbers on this site that give truth to both of those observations.
                  My Year 10 references in past postings referred strictly to Murdoch "journalists" and "experts". More often than not the Working Class had no choice with regard to leaving school and finding employment
                  I like this post Well said.

Comment

I think grammar and punctuation is very important. It makes a dumb bastard like me look somewhat intellectual.

Well, maybe not!
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Grammar is not a sign of whether or not you have intellect I left school at 15 but always passed maths English history geography The reason I rarely use it on here is I spent 15 years working for a company where we had to write down our analysis briefly in minimal time frame At 1st I used correct grammar and punctuation only to be told you are wasting your time doing so Reasoning being these are extra key strokes and we can read what you are saying without them It is now habit on social media and the only times I use it now is if I’m sending business emails or when someone online pulls me up on it The latter doesn’t last long as it is usually said by someone whose only comeback is pointing out grammatical errors
                      Yawn

Comment

NSW to win Keary to get MOM Tupou 1st try scorer Jake to top the tackle count Philip Sami to score a try

Comment

Working...
                        X