No announcement yet.

Angus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d say Butcher and Liu are more likely to be in the firing li e than Gus.
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post

How about we F off Suaalii and focus on resigning Angus. Sounds alot better to me
      I’m having similar thoughts on this.. we don’t need JS we have the best player in the world playing in the same position JS wants. Now we are only offering Teddy 3 years but he wants 5 so I say f*** it give him the 5 let’s not make it into a big deal here we need to retain teddy at all costs as with Angus, if we can’t find the money to keep him because of JS then forget JS and look to RETAIN first! We don’t need JS!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

I’m having similar thoughts on this.. we don’t need JS we have the best player in the world playing in the same position JS wants. Now we are only offering Teddy 3 years but he wants 5 so I say f*** it give him the 5 let’s not make it into a big deal here we need to retain teddy at all costs as with Angus, if we can’t find the money to keep him because of JS then forget JS and look to RETAIN first! We don’t need JS!
        Yep my thoughts exactly. Pay teddy what he wants and how long he wants. Angus should be right behind him on the priority list... If we secure both of them I honestly couldn't care less about Suaali to be honest

Comment

• Start a new thread F off Suaali , Teddy for 5 years a long with Gus and both offered future captaincy

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
            I’d say Butcher and Liu are more likely to be in the firing li e than Gus.
            it's be absolutely criminal to get rid of Isaac Liu. I'd be so disappointed if the club did that to ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post

it's be absolutely criminal to get rid of Isaac Liu. I'd be so disappointed if the club did that to ice.
              100%

Isaac Liu is a true clubman, he needs to be kept around.

Comment

• Gus must stay
                jS must come
                Teddy goes without saying
                I think we can achieve all of this.
                Also, Dan Fifita is the one I am looking forward to watching next year, looks very very good.
                .....also as i haven't said it in 48hrs...see you Butch

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

100%

Isaac Liu is a true clubman, he needs to be kept around.
                  Agree and i think most do

Comment

• I disagree with those who think we don’t need a signing like Suaali,

The Morris twins have 1 more year to go, hopefully and Toops turns 30 next year and naturally you’d expect to see a gradual drop off year on year as he enters the back end of his career.

I don’t buy into the argument of having an ageing squad but it is undeniable that our 3/4 line is ageing and needs a refresh. Toops hopefully has a few more years left in him, Manu is about to enter his peak but outside of that we have no proven talent. I like Billy Smith but he’s coming off his 2nd ACL and is still unproven at NRL level. Kepoa left us to the Tigers, Tupouniua is unproven and whilst I love Ikuvalu as a depth player he shouldn’t be in the top 17.

Suaali may appear to be extremely costly but in the modern day game the cheapest way to inject top end talent into your side is to overpay early and reap the benefits later.

I hope Suaali is the first of a couple investments in young three-quarters by the club if they don’t like what they are seeing coming through the Under 20’s & junior rep sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

IMO five years is a dumb idea. At the back end of that five year deal Teddy will be 32/33yo, probably slower, less fit, more injury prone, etc, and still taking up more than 10% of our salary cap. It is a path to ruin. Give him three years and see where his body is at in two years' time.

I will also add that we didn't lose much with Manu at fullback. I feel that Teddy's manager should not be pushing us on this one.

Comment

I disagree with those who think we don’t need a signing like Suaali,

The Morris twins have 1 more year to go, hopefully and Toops turns 30 next year and naturally you’d expect to see a gradual drop off year on year as he enters the back end of his career.

I don’t buy into the argument of having an ageing squad but it is undeniable that our 3/4 line is ageing and needs a refresh. Toops hopefully has a few more years left in him, Manu is about to enter his peak but outside of that we have no proven talent. I like Billy Smith but he’s coming off his 2nd ACL and is still unproven at NRL level. Kepoa left us to the Tigers, Tupouniua is unproven and whilst I love Ikuvalu as a depth player he shouldn’t be in the top 17.

Suaali may appear to be extremely costly but in the modern day game the cheapest way to inject top end talent into your side is to overpay early and reap the benefits later.

I hope Suaali is the first of a couple investments in young three-quarters by the club if they don’t like what they are seeing coming through the Under 20’s & junior rep sides.
                        Don't think anyone doesn't think Suaali would be an asset but if Gus .ICAC , Teddy ect are the cost them bugger that. We need to stick solid , if the kids wants to play with the Roosters then earn his place , not be given it on a platter

Comment

I disagree with those who think we don’t need a signing like Suaali,

Would you take him in if it meant letting Gus walk??

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post

Would you take him in if it meant letting Gus walk??
                            no I would not.

Comment

• Angus Crichton says it is ''good to be the forgotten man'' in the NSW team.

His axing after Origin I last year did not generate the same amount of headlines as dumped duo Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker, but Crichton, like Walker, worked hard to win his place back in Brad Fittler's side.

Crichton was excellent for a lot of this year for the Roosters and is desperate to earn a contract extension beyond next season.

Wendell Sailor told Triple M on Saturday that Rugby Australia should make a serious play to lure the schoolboy rugby star back to their code.

But Crichton said there was much more for him to achieve at the Roosters - and the Blues.

"I'm stoked to be back in this arena and playing with guys of this calibre and coaches of this calibre,'' Crichton said. "It's nothing short of an honour.

"I was down on confidence before Origin I [last year]. I knew I wasn't playing my best footy from the get-go. I was coming off shoulder surgery, there was the change of clubs [Souths to Easts], change of scene, trying to fit into a group and adding my bit to an already great team at the Roosters was tough.

"I learnt a lot about myself and the player I wanted to be. I'm lucky our captain Boyd Cordner is in my position and a great example of what a Roosters' back-rower needs to be and how a representative back-rower needs to be.

"There was a time there I had to work hard, double down and get better.''

Crichton was shifted to the centre for the World Club Challenge and spent time at lock and even a brief stint in the front row this year.

It was not lost on Fittler that Crichton had shown his versatility and he was one of the Roosters' best in the final few weeks before they bombed out of the title race. Plenty of his brutal shots in defence featured on the highlights reel.

Crichton, 24, said he felt he was getting back to his best, ''but I know there's more to get better at''.

Weighing a healthy 105kg, Crichton will do plenty of damage off the bench against Queensland on Wednesday night as a middle or on an edge.

As for 2022 and beyond, Crichton, who was targeted by the Waratahs before his last contract, said: "I love the Roosters and I don't want to leave. I love the club, the coaches, the style we play, the area, all my mates go for the club. My plan is to hang around. There's a lot more I want to do and want to prove.''

The Roosters look set to this week sign another schoolboy rugby prodigy, Joseph Suaalii. Crichton, who attended Scots College, said the 17-year-old would be in good hands at the Chooks.

Comment

• What awesome quotes from Angus. Not only one of the best forwards in the comp but a fine young man off the field as well.

I view Angus and Rads as our co-captain successors to Jake & Boyd so I dearly hope he's around for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X