Angus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I think its clear that goalkicking is not as important as it once was and as such, a kicker is no longer as important to a team. Still important but just not as much. The new rules means the game is going in a different direction and goal kicking isn't going to make a big difference in blowout score lines like we have seen under the set restart rule.
    Unless its a close game

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

"We run our salary cap better than most clubs. We don't back-end contracts, we don't put in ratchet clauses that stymie some clubs,'' Politis told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''We don't have many third-party agreements. We make some hard calls. We don't always get it right but we correct them quickly.''

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...11q7vov5lmpno5
      Well if we are needing to shed these players those statements do not add up mate. I am genuinely interested though in what your thoughts on the initial post I quoted are on the need to be off loading these players are for, that is if of course there is any need,and this is just all off season media speculation
      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Unless its a close game
        Turning 4 into 6 is paramount - 6 -0 / 12-0 /18-0 then other teams score and converts - 18-6 - is way better than 4-0/ 8-0/12-0 then other team score and convert - 12-6. - going up by 6's is the name of the game.

This Walker kid better be as good as most on here are saying or SST better play big minutes
        Last edited by King Salvo; 10-29-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

It might just prove that we paid too much for Angus. When you could get a another player for half his price or even two for the price of Angus.

I like him as a player however if his price for 2022 is too high, then we might have to let him earn the big bucks somewhere else.
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Unless its a close game
            More often not anymore.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Well if we are needing to shed these players those statements do not add up mate. I am genuinely interested though in what your thoughts on the initial post I quoted are on the need to be off loading these players are for, that is if of course there is any need,and this is just all off season media speculation
              Mate I prefer to believe a comment directly from Uncle Nick than the clickbaiters.
              I don't believe for one minute what any journos are saying about our salary cap and the reason we are offloading players. We are just moving around the decks to improve our line up for next year. We do it every year like every club.
              I have quoted Read and Weidlers comments and they are full of "I THNK" and "THE WAY I SEE IT" type comments.
              Nothing from the club. Just guess work to make up a story about the Roosters cap. It happens every year.
              Look how everyone chucked a stink when we signed SBW last year thinking we had no more space because of all our stars and that we had upgraded the likes of Manu, Rads etc.
              So now we are upgrading all of them again? Granted that Teddy and Keary have been/will be upgraded but we had plenty of space getting rid of Cronk, Trell and Tets. Now we get rid of Maubs, SBW, Hall, Flanno and Farmer and everyone THINKS we have cap problems.
              Nobody outside of the club knows where we stand with our salary cap. Not Read, not Weidler and not King Sheep.
              Go back and listen to the Schuwey interview and what he says about our cap.
              I wouldn't be surprised if JS is not the only decent signing we make. Then watch the hysteria from all the sheep after the media has drummed them with "the Roosters have cap space issues" just like the SBW situation.
              I understand the angst about Angus but his extension is from 2022. We will not have the Morris boys and possibly one or two more depending on how their bodies pull up. I am sure Robbo wants to keep him as much as all of us do and I doubt we will make him a low ball offer. But like Trell, if he wants more money than what we are prepared to offer him then Robbo and Uncle Nick will make the correct decision.

Comment

Mate I prefer to believe a comment directly from Uncle Nick than the clickbaiters.
                I don't believe for one minute what any journos are saying about our salary cap and the reason we are offloading players. We are just moving around the decks to improve our line up for next year. We do it every year like every club.
                I have quoted Read and Weidlers comments and they are full of "I THNK" and "THE WAY I SEE IT" type comments.
                Nothing from the club. Just guess work to make up a story about the Roosters cap. It happens every year.
                Look how everyone chucked a stink when we signed SBW last year thinking we had no more space because of all our stars and that we had upgraded the likes of Manu, Rads etc.
                So now we are upgrading all of them again? Granted that Teddy and Keary have been/will be upgraded but we had plenty of space getting rid of Cronk, Trell and Tets. Now we get rid of Maubs, SBW, Hall, Flanno and Farmer and everyone THINKS we have cap problems.
                Nobody outside of the club knows where we stand with our salary cap. Not Read, not Weidler and not King Sheep.
                Go back and listen to the Schuwey interview and what he says about our cap.
                I wouldn't be surprised if JS is not the only decent signing we make. Then watch the hysteria from all the sheep after the media has drummed them with "the Roosters have cap space issues" just like the SBW situation.
                I understand the angst about Angus but his extension is from 2022. We will not have the Morris boys and possibly one or two more depending on how their bodies pull up. I am sure Robbo wants to keep him as much as all of us do and I doubt we will make him a low ball offer. But like Trell, if he wants more money than what we are prepared to offer him then Robbo and Uncle Nick will make the correct decision.
                Fantastic well thought out and articulated response

We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

More often not anymore.
                  If your 18-0 down going up by 6's is paramount - if only by 4's a team has to score 5 times to get in front - if by 6's only 3 times to draw level - goal kicking is still important

Comment

I think its clear that goalkicking is not as important as it once was and as such, a kicker is no longer as important to a team. Still important but just not as much. The new rules means the game is going in a different direction and goal kicking isn't going to make a big difference in blowout score lines like we have seen under the set restart rule.
                    If it comes down to a grand final with the Roosters having levelled the score and needing a sideline kick to win, I'd rather be on an 80% halfback goal kicker than a second rower who kicks at 70% having run his guts out for 50 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

If it comes down to a grand final with the Roosters having levelled the score and needing a sideline kick to win, I'd rather be on an 80% halfback goal kicker than a second rower who kicks at 70% having run his guts out for 50 minutes.
                      I believe goalkicking is criminally underrated by some coaches. Coaches and players will do anything to get the slightest advantage yet not necessarily have a gun goalkicker. SST is not the man we want for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Imagine not making a GF because you have a player who can kick goals but do nothing else! Ring any bells?
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

If your 18-0 down going up by 6's is paramount - if only by 4's a team has to score 5 times to get in front - if by 6's only 3 times to draw level - goal kicking is still important
                          Im curious how many games this season were close enough where goal kicking was the difference?

Now I will admit before I get smashed that the difference in the GF could well have been goal kicking but the penalty goals the storm kicked were not taken from a very tough spot.
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Imagine not making a GF because you have a player who can kick goals but do nothing else! Ring any bells?
                            I'd rather we score six tries and kick 4 from 6 instead of scoring two tries and kicking 2 out of 2.

Comment

The only ways they can re-sign Angus past 2021 is either he takes less money/ they release more players or they have more players in the 30 on the minimum wage - i think the minimum is 105k or so.

Double Morris finish up in 2021 at least but maybe that money has already been allocated in 2022?

Comment

I'd rather we score six tries and kick 4 from 6 instead of scoring two tries and kicking 2 out of 2.
                                But if you scored 8 and only kicked 4? Better to score first and worry about goals later. We need to ability to both attack and defend. Would hate for that to be wasted on someone who can only kick goals.

Maybe we should go down the NFLs path and have a player for every single play or action on the field?
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X