Angus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angus

Plenty of talk going around that we might not have enough to meet Crichtons demands whilst also chasing this Suaalii kid. Surely the club wouldn't let Gus leave... the bloke is a freak and will only get better. I really hope all this shit is wrong and that we are prepared to put Crichton ahead of Suaalii. I'd be shattered if he left.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...0422c149a6eea6

Absolutely agree. Fine, Flanagan was not up to it, but Gus is our best forward at the moment.... I'd rather lose both the Morris boys in order to get Suaali (Not that I'd want to)

Comment

Originally posted by Roosta4life View Post
      Absolutely agree. Fine, Flanagan was not up to it, but Gus is our best forward at the moment.... I'd rather lose both the Morris boys in order to get Suaali (Not that I'd want to)
      Yeah exactly mate. Need to keep Crichton at all costs.

Comment

Fake news. This is what I said in other thread

Originally posted by dice View Post

Let's analyse exactly what Wiedler said:
        1) "Angus is on big money next year. He knows the year after he’s going to have to cop a pay cut". Note the language "big money next year" which probably means Angus is on a back-ended contract, and will earn more than what he is worth in the final year of that contract.

2) "He doesn’t want to leave but clubs may start coming and chasing him pretty hard". No sh1t Sherlock.

There is no story. Wiedler just using word games to drum up yet another fake news story.

Comment

The reason I think there may be some truth to the Crichton rumour is that he hasn't been able to nail down that right edge backrow position under Robbo.

At the back end of both of his seasons Robinson has shifted him into a rotation role at lock forward and each time Crichton has absolutely killed it. He seems to thrive on the freedom that lock forward provides him and really struggle with the structural requirements that 2nd row demand of him.

The problem is Radley is a 60min lock forward and is a special talent. You don't want to split the 80mins between the two because they're both too good for that and you wouldn't want to shift Radley to an edge to accommodate Crichton because Radley provides so much to the team that Crichton couldn't from lock forward not to mention I'm not sure how he would go in the 2nd row despite playing quite a bit of his junior footy there.

It's a really tough one but Crichton just doesn't seem to have found his position in the team yet and for someone on such a significant salary that must be causing some headaches for Robbo.

Comment

Angus is the best right edge forward in the game. Who would you swap him for?

He's an absolutey integral member of the team moving forward and I don't believe this rumour for a moment.

Any suggestion that he couldn't nail down the right edge spot, when it was because of the Radley injury, is akin to saying Radley couldn't nail down the lock position in 2019 when he played lots of hooker because of Friend's injury. Absolute dross.

The stone cold fact is that Angus played on the right edge for the full 80min in rnds 3-6 when Rads was there.

But after he went down with the ACL Robbo asked Angus to do what's best for the team in 2020 to cover a key injury. And he did. In 2021 when Rads is fully fit, what is best for the team is Angus playing 80min of the right edge.
            Last edited by Tommy Smith; 10-28-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
              The reason I think there may be some truth to the Crichton rumour is that he hasn't been able to nail down that right edge backrow position under Robbo.

At the back end of both of his seasons Robinson has shifted him into a rotation role at lock forward and each time Crichton has absolutely killed it. He seems to thrive on the freedom that lock forward provides him and really struggle with the structural requirements that 2nd row demand of him.

The problem is Radley is a 60min lock forward and is a special talent. You don't want to split the 80mins between the two because they're both too good for that and you wouldn't want to shift Radley to an edge to accommodate Crichton because Radley provides so much to the team that Crichton couldn't from lock forward not to mention I'm not sure how he would go in the 2nd row despite playing quite a bit of his junior footy there.

It's a really tough one but Crichton just doesn't seem to have found his position in the team yet and for someone on such a significant salary that must be causing some headaches for Robbo.
              You raise a very good point. This is what slightly concerns me aswell. I couldn't believe it when I saw we was shifted to the bench for that semi final game.

Comment

I haven't seen any evidence of these 'struggles' playing second row, Crighton was our best backrower regardless of position played for 2020 and was outstanding in the last few months of 2019. I thought it was an unusual misstep by Robbo to start Aubbo ahead of him in the final against Canberra and once again Angus was our most damaging forward, despite playing 50 minutes. If he started and played close to 80 minutes, I believe we probably win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post

You raise a very good point. This is what slightly concerns me aswell. I couldn't believe it when I saw we was shifted to the bench for that semi final game.
                  I couldn’t believe that he was taken off again when keary came back onto the field, injury or insanity are the only reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    Angus is the best right edge forward in the game. Who would you swap him for?

He's an absolutey integral member of the team moving forward and I don't believe this rumour for a moment.

Any suggestion that he couldn't nail down the right edge spot, when it was because of the Radley injury, is akin to saying Radley couldn't nail down the lock position in 2019 when he played lots of hooker because of Friend's injury. Absolute dross.

The stone cold fact is that Angus played on the right edge for the full 80min in rnds 3-6 when Rads was there.

But after he went down with the ACL Robbo asked Angus to do what's best for the team in 2020 to cover a key injury. And he did. In 2021 when Rads is fully fit, what is best for the team is Angus playing 80min of the right edge.
                    Great post, I have huge respect for Angus and would hate to lose him. He has future Captain potential big time.

Comment

With the increased speed of the game those long term contracts to JWH and Cordner don't look so great right now, was really noticeable late in the season how both really struggled laterally in defense.

The club would be insane to let Crichton go.

Comment

What you are saying is very different to what Fake News Wiedler is saying.

I still can't see a young Angus being let go just so we can keep an ageing roster than includes redundant Friend. If Angus leaves it will because a desperate team like the Bulldogs or Tigers makes him an offer too good to refuse.

Comment

I'd get rid of both Sitili and Liu 10 times over before I even considered getting rid of Angus if it comes down to salary cap pressure.
                          He has the potential to be a top 10 player in the comp whilst Sitili will never be a top 10 player in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post

Great post, I have huge respect for Angus and would hate to lose him. He has future Captain potential big time.
                            Seconded.

I'm pretty sure they will do whatever they can to keep him.

The risk is if another club comes in over the top with a big offer. Given our roster we might not be able to compete.

Comment

I don't believe it but if Angus had to go he would be devastated. I know for a fact that he loves the club and wants to commit long term.

Comment

Working...
                              X