No announcement yet.

Gould

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His undoing was the bit about the scoreboard not reflecting the game, at 20 nil or something. Felt like he was addressing the team in the sheds at halftime.

Comment

Let's be honest, Pamfers were game managed by Sutton and the bunker back onto the scoreboard to make it look close. Their first "try" was as blatant a shepherd as they come. The 2 sin bins were soft as marshmallows. But yes, had the game gone an extra 10 minutes, and had Sutton sent off another 2 Storm players for no good reason to make it 13 on 9 players, pamfers may well have won.

The penalty try was also as clear cut as they come. Gould : "I don't know what else he could have done", LOL.

The game was anything but close, but the contrived scoreline in the end helped them save a bit of face.

Comment

Seeing randomly applied "six agains" in a grand final was a truly pathetic sight by the way - any chance of this stupid game managing tool being dropped when the real season starts again?

Comment

No chance. It's V'Landy's own rule.

That the Storm managed to hold on even with that thing being unleashed against them makes the win even more remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
            Seeing randomly applied "six agains" in a grand final was a truly pathetic sight by the way - any chance of this stupid game managing tool being dropped when the real season starts again?
            I honestly hope so. I can see its merit if applied correctly but its far too loose of a tool for the game managers to be using. I also dont like the way its influenced the scoring this year. Far too many blow out score lines and lessening of the opportunity for a real contest.
            Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

Comment

Let's be honest, Pamfers were game managed by Sutton and the bunker back onto the scoreboard to make it look close. Their first "try" was as blatant a shepherd as they come. The 2 sin bins were soft as marshmallows. But yes, had the game gone an extra 10 minutes, and had Sutton sent off another 2 Storm players for no good reason to make it 13 on 9 players, pamfers may well have won.

The penalty try was also as clear cut as they come. Gould : "I don't know what else he could have done", LOL.

The game was anything but close, but the contrived scoreline in the end helped them save a bit of face.
              100%. That game could have soo easily been an anything to nil score line. Cleary's try was well deserved however.

Comment

I Just want to ask a question on this forum to some others, who may have a better knowledge of the rules of the game, than me.
                When Tyrone May used his boot to stop Olam scoring, the Penalty Try was awarded,
                But doesn't that action also constitute a professional foul?
                Should May have been sent off for 10 minutes, as well as having the 6 points awarded against him?
                Or doesn't the professional foul rule apply, if you are going to upset 36,703 fans at the game, out of the 37,703 in attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                  I Just want to ask a question on this forum to some others, who may have a better knowledge of the rules of the game, than me.
                  When Tyrone May used his boot to stop Olam scoring, the Penalty Try was awarded,
                  But doesn't that action also constitute a professional foul?
                  Should May have been sent off for 10 minutes, as well as having the 6 points awarded against him?
                  Or doesn't the professional foul rule apply, if you are going to upset 36,703 fans at the game, out of the 37,703 in attendance?
                  Not sure of how the rule is written, but they generally only apply one or the other, not both. So Sin bin, no penalty try or penalty try, no sin bin.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

100%. That game could have soo easily been an anything to nil score line. Cleary's try was well deserved however.
                    It was Andrew Johns like Except Johns did this countless times throughout his career against 13 players not 11
                    This is a chance to accelerate our pre pandemic efforts to re imagine economic systems that actually address issues like extreme poverty, inequality, and climate change.

Justin Trudeau

Comment

If hed scored out wide I would agree with the 13 on 11 comment but it was up the guts which yes, is a little easier against 11 but still tighter up the middle than out wide against less players. I still think it was well earned and a fitting gift at the end of a stellar season for him.

Comment

Not sure of how the rule is written, but they generally only apply one or the other, not both. So Sin bin, no penalty try or penalty try, no sin bin.
                        when a try is awarded they don't send the offending playing to the bin

Comment

Gould is getting more and more annoying as the years go on.

I was waiting for him to say Penrith were on tilt when 26-0 down but no they have been unlucky and the game is much closer than the score suggests - lucky tries to the Storm - penalty try/intercept/ smith regather near half time. Oh and Penrith outscored Storm 20 to 4 and he's seen Penrith Sides chase down big deficits at least a dozen times.

He exemplified the cockiness and arrogance of the Penrith side in his call.- No hats off to other team for their performance.

His calling of the Riff vs Chooks 1/4 final done me - Chooks come back and almost win - another few minutes and they would have - but no the Chooks comeback was because of the the Riffs Naivety.- WTF does that mean??

I wonder what he will be like next season since he is consulting for the Warriors - will he be backing them or the Riff??

Bold prediction for 2021 - Riff to miss the 8
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 10-26-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                            If hed scored out wide I would agree with the 13 on 11 comment but it was up the guts which yes, is a little easier against 11 but still tighter up the middle than out wide against less players. I still think it was well earned and a fitting gift at the end of a stellar season for him.
                            He went right where the player who was binned would have been mate. Good try though and it did have shades of Johns about it A good player will find the the holes like that when it is 13 on 11 Players hang off for that split second longer then they would even with 12 on the field and you can get that momentum up like Cleary did which toook him over the line Your last sentence is a fair call
                            Last edited by Andrew Walker; 10-26-2020, 05:17 PM.
                            This is a chance to accelerate our pre pandemic efforts to re imagine economic systems that actually address issues like extreme poverty, inequality, and climate change.

Justin Trudeau

Comment

I've watched the replay on Channel 9 Live and on Demand just to listen to his commentary again. I wasn't stoned so it wasn't as funny as live, but it's still a giggle to listen to his pain.

Chook.

Comment

Fortunately for me I had not heard Gould or Warren all year. My subscription service comes via Fox. I like Brandy and Ennis. Generally the commentary is palatable. It was like going back to the amateurs listening to those 2 clowns. They are a joke. They both seem unable to focus on the actual game from start to finish and both drift off into senile musings as they ignore the game. Listening to Gould's pain was the only thing that made it bearable. Gould is so out of touch with the rest of society. He may know a lot about football but he is a shit commentator.

Comment

Working...
                                X