Happy Missed Opportunity Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Missed Opportunity Day

We really should be celebrating three in the row tonight. I remain in a state of disbelief about how our season ended.

I knew we had all kinds of issues this season. Injuries galore. A terrible draw.

But we still had the best side on paper and earlier in the season we were unstoppable. We were so far ahead of the rest it was ridiculous.

We are a better side than Penrith. I have no doubt about that.

I also think that we have Melbourne's measure in big games.

But we ran out of puff.

Massive missed opportunity.

Go Easts

Well said JT. A lot of injuries, but we did underperform this year. Least I can watch the Chookettes play today.

Comment

It's been a crappy dysfunctional year for society in general world wide. I'd rather we start fresh next year anyway with no Covid asterisk next to our team's name in the history books.
      "It's these little things, they can pull you under
      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Anyone else wake up this morning with an empty feel in their stomach?

Comment

Good luck to the eventual winners. Nice to watch a game with no passion for either side

we had a good run. Time to heal and rediscover the passion.

our fade out will mean some player changes with exciting times ahead
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
            Anyone else wake up this morning with an empty feel in their stomach?
            Yes because I only had a salad for dinner last night..seriously though I woke up excited for the womens team today. I've only felt empty when we've lost grand finals..not made them.
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Missed Opportunity Day couldn't have described it better! I do believe we are a better side than Penrith. They were in a position to put them away in that semi, but the chance was blown through stupid errors. They did well to come back within one conversion of victory, but history shows the second chance means little. You need to win that first game (which is why the top 8 is flawed...you really need to finish in the top two to get a home ground advantage). This year in particular tho, we probably all expected it was going to be a bridge too far to even get to the GF after that. They needed the rest and confidence boost. At least I can watch the GF without stress. I will probably go for the Storm because I have relatives in QLD and VIC who are both going for them, and don't think an unworthy team should be coming anywhere near the winning record of the mighty Roosters of 1975 - the best rugby league team in the history of the game! The best there is! There best there was! The best there ever will be!

Comment

It is a hollow feeling today, not only because we are not there (and perhaps should be), but also because I have absolutely zero interest in the teams playing (either in favour or against). At least I can watch the spectacle tonight and not get uptight about it.

I will also be barracking for our NRLW side this afternoon - that is something.

Hopefully our team can use this disappointing and premature end to our season as motivation to recapture their hunger, passion and determination to win once again.
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

I got over it the moment lol@souffs were rubbed out of the comp.

Chook.

Comment

If we were going to do it this year we needed to blast our way through - Flanagan for Cronk left us a much weaker team in tight, hard fought games (finals)

whatever the hell happened against Souths beat the shit out of our confidence and meant we were never gunna blast our way through anything

just not our year though we did win plenty throughout the year - beats the shit out of 2016

bring on 2021

Comment

Were going ok , 3 premierships in a decade , a B2B and made the finals this year with so many injuries , of course would have loved a 3peat but I'm happy with what we have achieved

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
                        If we were going to do it this year we needed to blast our way through - Flanagan for Cronk left us a much weaker team in tight, hard fought games (finals)

whatever the hell happened against Souths beat the shit out of our confidence and meant we were never gunna blast our way through anything

just not our year though we did win plenty throughout the year - beats the shit out of 2016

bring on 2021
                        Funny how so many wrote this off as something that would have no affect on the team.

this game killed us and there was no coming back from it, you either played to win that game or you rest all the stars, not just a handful.

Comment

It feels a bit that way JT. This year it was always going to take a herculean effort to climb the mountain thrice in a row.

Yes there were some key injuries, but all clubs were impacted that way.

First year after losing a champion playmaker like Cronk was going to be very tough. The guy we gambled on didnt quite work out but live and learn. Overall our retention and recruitment has been exemplary.

Mostly I think our attitude and desire, while good and strong, wasnt quite at 2018/19 levels. Across the club including coaching staff. Its always a relative thing to the 15 other clubs and is almost impossible to continually re invent yourself against similarly skilled opponents and come out on top. We were still damn close despite all that though, losing our finals by 1 and 4 points I think.

On the plus side congrats to our girls and hope they smash the Broncos today. Shame about the bloody weather.

The other big congrats is to PVL for giving us a comp to support this year despite the crazy Chinese mimicry lockdowns that nearly all countrys have slavishly followed.

PVL for PM.

Comment

Empty feeling as opposed to disappointment. Got zero interest in girl's game. Don't like either teams but hope Storm win.

Dunno why, but I feel if any team 'deserve' to beat us it's the Storm. The others are not worthy, and the 95% blanket media coverage on the Riff this week has been vomit worthy. It's as if only one team was in the GF.

We would have received similar treatment if it was us and not the drizzle, so go Melba.

I'm glad we don't have a WCC early next year and hope Cordner and Teddy don't play SOO. Happy for Jake to though. This warrior deserves it.

Have a good rest Easts players.

Go Easts in 2021.

Comment

We didn't have a good record against the top teams this year. The disparity between the top sides and bottom was huge this season and whilst we flogged a lot of teams I think it papered over a few cracks.
                              Injuries and a tough draw caught up with us in the end and the two top sides are left to fight it out today as it should be.
                              I'll still watch it with interest because I love footy and will be cheering the Panthers on because I despise the storm and I want us to be the dominant team of this century.

Comment

Working...
                              X