Happy Missed Opportunity Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

I will take team of the last decade We won 3 in 13,18 and 19 they won 2 in 12 and 17
    mate, the storm won last night. that actually happened. they have the best record of the last ten years. we need to win again soon to keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker
      Why was my initial comment removed ? I will say it again We were not better than Melbourne or Penrith this year we played both teams twice lost to them twice and finished behind them on the ladder. I find it difficult to fathom how anyone can think we were better over the course of the year
      I believe we were better on paper and played a lot of better footy than them during the year... just not when it counted.

If I remember correctly:
      - The Riff beat us narrowly in the first round.
      - The Drizz beat us while we were 1/4 strengtg because a knock-on was ignored and Cam Smith milked a non-penalty from right in front
      - The Riff played ~20 minutes of hectic try scoring footy against us in round 1 of the finals before we stepped it up a gear, worked our way into the game and lost by 1 point

The Drizz and the Riff beat us on the scoreboards. However, I STILL think we had a really special team this season in which every player can hold their head high. We got within 1 point of having a MUCH NEEDED week off, Drizz/Pemriff facing off in a preliminary and a waltz into the premiership. It wasn't to be but we got within 1 point of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I believe we were better on paper and played a lot of better footy than them during the year... just not when it counted.

If I remember correctly:
        - The Riff beat us narrowly in the first round.
        - The Drizz beat us while we were 1/4 strengtg because a knock-on was ignored and Cam Smith milked a non-penalty from right in front
        - The Riff played ~20 minutes of hectic try scoring footy against us in round 1 of the finals before we stepped it up a gear, worked our way into the game and lost by 1 point

The Drizz and the Riff beat us on the scoreboards. However, I STILL think we had a really special team this season in which every player can hold their head high. We got within 1 point of having a MUCH NEEDED week off, Drizz/Pemriff facing off in a preliminary and a waltz into the premiership. It wasn't to be but we got within 1 point of it!
        LOL you sound no different to Gus last night We were better but we lost 4 times to the two sides Give yourself an uppercut son
        This is a chance to accelerate our pre pandemic efforts to re imagine economic systems that actually address issues like extreme poverty, inequality, and climate change.

Justin Trudeau

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post

He and Mansour? lost me when they yeeted kyle off their player after they scored in that semi. I mean there is niggle and cheek in sport but that was poor form. Sucked in you arrogant dickheads.
          I laughed at Mansour pushing Smith off the field when he was sent to the bin and tried to slow the game down.
          Fkn soft pr!ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

mate, the storm won last night. that actually happened. they have the best record of the last ten years. we need to win again soon to keep up.
            Going back to the NRL era it's little wonder fans hate both of our sides as one of us has been in every grand final barring a handful of years.
            Hars off to them they have reinvented their style of play over the years and no denying Smith and Bellamy have been at the forefront of their success.
            They lost Slater and Cronk and have replaced them with Paps and Hughes.

Comment

• I envy and admire their success this year. The absolute masters of the rebuild. Still win despite a rules change specifically designed to cruel them.

Comment

• They are a relentless winning machine. I've softened to Smith this year and it was warranted his personal triumph last night. I hope he calls it time and goes out a winner.

Chook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                  I envy and admire their success this year. The absolute masters of the rebuild. Still win despite a rules change specifically designed to cruel them.
                  Yep

I thought they couldn't cope at the start of the season. I thought they were no chance. Have to take my hat off to them big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Im not satisfied at all. I want to see more of his disappointment. Im not usually that sort of person but after watching his smugness all year, I think its warranted to see him bought back down to earth. Its the attitude of him and certain players in that side that made me want the Storm to win and I hate them for putting me in a position where I had to cheer for the bloody Storm!
                    100%. All day I was neutral and then it only took one glimpse of his head as he ran out to want Storm to win.

I can't believe he is in the Origin squad!

Comment

• Congrats to the Storm. They endured a hard season with covid and like others I was happy to see the arrogant Panthers lose.

Comment

• [QUOTE=waverly oval Not resting players vs Souths last round....screwed us.....coaching staff fault...yep a hell of a waste of a year for simply not resting probably 10 first graders for a ZERO game.

Who could have foreseen that a zero game (and it was that for all intents and purposes) could have had such a profound impact. Up until that they hadn't defeated the Storm or Riff but had gone pretty close except for the one game when we were down on personnel). The Souths game did mean nothing on the face of it but nobody factored in the effect of a scoreline like that one. Must have been sooooo deflating. Maybe a lesson should be learned about "zero" games at crucial stages. As it was, they hung in but but had lost the grunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post
                          Congrats to the Storm. They endured a hard season with covid and like others I was happy to see the arrogant Panthers lose.
                          I think they really got a lot of people offside this year with all their antics.
                          Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

Comment

• I’m much relieved pretenders and imposters didn’t win it. They got a draw that was a gift. Storm earned it and I hav no qualms with them winning. I think they knew they would win it once we were eliminated because none of the pretenders ever had a chance. We were the only ones that would have taken it away from them but injuries were a real problem.
                            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• "Originally posted by roosterchook

I think they knew they would win it once we were eliminated because none of the pretenders ever had a chance. We were the only ones that would have taken it away from them but injuries were a real problem.

I agree with all this. If you watch the way the Storm celebrated ( Jahrome Hughes and Bellamy in particular) and how animated they were when they beat us in round one , you know that beating the Roosters was their main priority.
                              The last team they wanted to be up against in the GF was the Roosters.
                              The Storms nemesis in the last 2 years ( 2018, 2019) was the Roosters
                              The Roosters main foe in the last 2 years was the Storm.
                              In 2021, we get back 3 great players from ACL injuries, and with the rest of the squad rested, the Roosters should push again for the title.
                              The Storm will be down on firepower (JAC and Vinavalu ) reportedly going.
                              Panthers and Raiders will be obvious nuisances.
                              Bring on 2021.

Comment

Working...
                              X