Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearce.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Surely the Club won’t be going down the path of bringing Pearce back, please say it ain’t so....

    Comment


    • #47
      List of players entering last year of contract(2021) and are able to negotiate from 1/11/2020- I thought Sitili was signed to 2022?- Also still reported that Double Morris, Friend and Lam are still unsigned along with Hutchinson and Ikavalu all whose contacts conclude on 31/10/2020.

      https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c25ea16b4674ed
      Last edited by King Salvo; 10-27-2020, 09:43 AM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Lydon View Post
        Surely the Club won’t be going down the path of bringing Pearce back, please say it ain’t so....
        Yeah strange times.

        It wouldn't happen...would it?
        It couldn't happen...could it?
        Or should it?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Davo View Post
          The Mole is reporting this today!!


          The Mole: Mitchell Pearce return to Sydney Roosters gradually falling into place


          ​​​​​​The dominoes are slowly but surely falling into place for Mitchell Pearce to make a return to the Sydney Roosters in 2021.

          Pearce played 11 seasons and more than 200 games at the Roosters before moving to the Knights in 2018. Forced out by Cooper Cronk's signing, the 31-year-old appeared destined to finish his career in Newcastle.

          But Kyle Flanagan's indifferent year at the Roosters, coupled with the Knights' poor finish to the season, started the ball rolling for a shock game of halfback musical chairs.

          The Roosters told Flanagan that he was free to leave and he has joined Canterbury.

          In the meantime, the Knights have been linked with both English ace Gareth Widdop and Eels playmaker Mitchell Moses.

          Add to that the possibility of Pearce being asked to take a pay cut at the Knights and the fact he misses his family in Sydney, and it's just a question of whether the Roosters can negotiate a release and still stay under the salary cap.

          Stay tuned for further developments.
          If there is any truth, at all, to this rumour then it will be official that the Roosters have lost their collective minds. Still, it will give me six months free from football as I pledged I would never watch another game involving Mitchell Pearce after his betrayal of his captaincy.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

            Yeah strange times.

            It wouldn't happen...would it?
            It couldn't happen...could it?
            Or should it?
            Wouldn't,
            Couldn't,
            Shouldn't,
            Wont.
            Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

            Comment


            • #51
              it would be quite the fairytale. like Sonny.

              Comment


              • #52
                Please please please NO !!!!!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Nick Politis is a great great man who is responsible for where this club is today...no doubt.

                  But loyalty as a person can sometimes compromise good business.

                  Nick: Sonny is available now, we need a lift, lets get him back.
                  Robbo: Er....ah...ok.

                  Nick: Cooper says young Flanagan is the guy we can mould into him version 2. He's our next half.
                  Robbo: Er...ah...ok.

                  Nick: Pearcey is a Rooster who has spilt blood for our jersey, let's get him back.
                  Robbo: Er...ah...ok.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                    it would be quite the fairytale. like Sonny.
                    Let me get you a bigger spoon!
                    Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      Nick Politis is a great great man who is responsible for where this club is today...no doubt.

                      But loyalty as a person can sometimes compromise good business.

                      Nick: Sonny is available now, we need a lift, lets get him back.
                      Robbo: Er....ah...ok.

                      Nick: Cooper says young Flanagan is the guy we can mould into him version 2. He's our next half.
                      Robbo: Er...ah...ok.

                      Nick: Pearcey is a Rooster who has spilt blood for our jersey, let's get him back.
                      Robbo: Er...ah...ok.
                      Not questioning Nick but how did Sonny #2 and Flanno work out?

                      Robbo: Er... ah... ok!
                      Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Nick Politis is a great great man who is responsible for where this club is today...no doubt.

                        But loyalty as a person can sometimes compromise good business.

                        Nick: Sonny is available now, we need a lift, lets get him back.
                        Robbo: Er....ah...ok.

                        Nick: Cooper says young Flanagan is the guy we can mould into him version 2. He's our next half.
                        Robbo: Er...ah...ok.

                        Nick: Pearcey is a Rooster who has spilt blood for our jersey, let's get him back.
                        Robbo: Er...ah...ok.
                        Ronnie Jones is often overlooked in turning around the club from almost bankruptcy into the thriving league's club - Nick has added to Jones's legacy


                        https://www.smh.com.au/national/lege...24-gdsasf.html


                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I think he would be a great signing but where would that leave Walker? I can't see Pearce being happy as a super-sub/utility. If he was willing to take that role on though he would kill it. But really why would he want that?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

                            Ronnie Jones is often overlooked in turning around the club from almost bankruptcy into the thriving league's club - Nick has added to Jones's legacy


                            https://www.smh.com.au/national/lege...24-gdsasf.html

                            Wow, that goes back a lot of years. Do you recall that the Easts Club was above the Millers Hotel on Oxford St, where the arcade is now? It was there that it nearly went broke before Ron Jones took over.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X