Suck it Bunnies and the Cadaver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post

That’s gotta be close to one of the best pressers I’ve seen Bennett give, if he could do a quarter of that effort after games, he would be ok.

sticky is the worst in the nrl.
    Yes Ricky couldn't be gracious even after that thumping, saying Storm "did well with the weight of possession they had". In other words, once again, it's just not fair. Wah, wah.

Comment

I am very happy that Souths came good toward the end of the year, because it gave all the toothless ones a false sense of hope that their team was actually going to win the comp ...now to see all their crushed, desolate, despairing faces gives me so much joy. Also had a nice spring in my step down Coogee beach this morning walking past all those Vermin banners the council put up on Arden St several weeks ago !

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
        Where's our old mate Paddo Colt?
        Disappeared forever into his burrow?
        Glory Glory ..... pffff...
        Sadly not I suspect. Souths support is second to his lifes work of edumacating the masses to his crazy doctrine. Crikey, he even wove in a peck on the cheek for the gormless Julia Gillard in a 6 again thread or the like! That takes some doctoring.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Dunno why but that's somewhat satisfying. Both of 'em can get farked!

Yep the friends I know who support both were all pepped up and heckling me.

Say whatever but I was about as tired as our team were and sorta assumed we were gonna lose. Didn't hurt me that bad as I felt we legitimately did our best and it's simply not our year.
          yep that's where I was at. I think well be better and less tired next year, you watch. robbo will be seething that he is not there on gf day.

Comment

[QUOTE=redwhiteblue;
            "B2B will do me nicely and there will be no Covid asterisk next to those wins either when we look back at the history of the game in years to come."

"When we look back at the history of the game in years to come" we will be reminded, more than anything else, of the 60 - 8 that ended our season but in no way defined it. The season, despite missing the unlikely 3peat was a good 'un. Some of the wins after Covid break were spectacular and equal to the form shown in the Title years and they were happening week after week. No 'Trell, Cronk or Victor and injuries to key performers caught up with them finally but we shouldn't forget how close they went and the elan that they showed in so many games.

I was in Redfern last night having dinner at one of the fashionable eateries patronised by glamorous IT types and their equally glamorous WAGS. Outside on the streets, while Cardinal and Myrtle excitedly hurried to pubs and game parties in the area, the Halloween skulls and skeletons festooning terrace balustrading seemed to temper the optimistic party atmosphere.

Imagining how those streets must have been in the 60s on Finals nights before the Chooks and Manly pillaged their team (Coote, Elwyn Walters, Brannigan, Sait, Cleary et al) I found myself humming "The Day John Sattler Broke His Jaw" as tears welled up for times past. As I stood there among the Baristas, Hipsters, super expensive apartments and magnificent terrace houses I was reminded of the words of the great American working class philosopher Will Rogers who memorably said that he'd never met a man whom he couldn't like. Me? I haven't met an NRL team that I couldn't think of likewise. They give us super entertainment all through every winter and we choose to damn some of them for Heaven's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post

Yeah, everyone would love us if we never won.

I’d prefer we are hated as premiers every year .

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddo Colt 61;n855148][QUOTE=redwhiteblue;
                "B2B will do me nicely and there will be no Covid asterisk next to those wins either when we look back at the history of the game in years to come."

"When we look back at the history of the game in years to come" we will be reminded, more than anything else, of the 60 - 8 that ended our season but in no way defined it. The season, despite missing the unlikely 3peat was a good 'un. Some of the wins after Covid break were spectacular and equal to the form shown in the Title years and they were happening week after week. No 'Trell, Cronk or Victor and injuries to key performers caught up with them finally but we shouldn't forget how close they went and the elan that they showed in so many games.

I was in Redfern last night having dinner at one of the fashionable eateries patronised by glamorous IT types and their equally glamorous WAGS. Outside on the streets, while Cardinal and Myrtle excitedly hurried to pubs and game parties in the area, the Halloween skulls and skeletons festooning terrace balustrading seemed to temper the optimistic party atmosphere.

Imagining how those streets must have been in the 60s on Finals nights I found myself humming "The Day John Sattler Broke His Jaw" as tears welled up for times past. As I stood there among the Baristas, Hipsters, super expensive apartments and magnificent terrace houses I was reminded of the words of the great American working class philosopher Will Rogers who memorably said that he'd never met a man whom he couldn't like. Me? I haven't met an NRL team that I couldn't think of likewise. They give us super entertainment all through every winter and we choose to damn some of them for Heaven's sake.

[/QUOTE]

i edited the bit i didn't like but otherwise good stuff. (ron coote was stolen from us cos souths rigged the boundaries.)

there's a bit of static when you broadcast. i don't feel like you're being 100% honest about who you support. i don't care but it means people don't trust you. that and the fact 90% of your posts are mainly political.

you're mainly a league fan but, honestly, in a game easts v souths who do you support? (i don't care who you support but i am curious.) sometimes you talk about the roosters as us but you're not the normal dyed in the wool fan.

Comment

I think we have clarified one thing. Souths can't win without Mitch Ross...sorry, I mean Sam "I thought it was the Smith Family charity house" Burgess.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jacks Fur Coat;
                    Sadly not I suspect. Souths support is second to his lifes work of edumacating the masses to his crazy doctrine. Crikey, he even wove in a peck on the cheek for the gormless Julia Gillard in a 6 again thread or the like! That takes some doctoring."

You really should look up a word meaning before you use it Jax. "Gormless" means witless or stupid and while not an appropriate description of Julia it fits very nicely the young mum high school teacher whom I saw on TV after the election who had voted for Scomo because he was around their age and had kids of similar age and would, therefore, understand their interests and would look out for them - Baby Cheeses!!! Can you believe that? That's the quintessence of "gormless". And a HS teacher? Little wonder the Naplan scores are going South rapidly. I hope she enjoys her $16 tax cut.

It's been a while since you posted about the view from your Members' Stand pozzie in the SCG. What are seeing now Jax? Still that hole in the ground? Maybe what's taking so long is that Glad's boyfriend is trying to skim all of the contractors. Maybe he had a role too in the colossal rail cost blowout and the iCare debacle - ripping off injured workers ? I know from grim experience what a "crazy doctrine" really is trust me but you obviously can't see it from your Members seat.

Comment

Exhibit A m'lud.

Comment

Hey Jack
                        Was that a premonition or something?
                        I find your football nous and general savvy second to none.
                        Yout last post could not have been more spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                          Hey Jack
                          Was that a premonition or something?
                          I find your football nous and general savvy second to none.
                          Yout last post could not have been more spot on.
                          Haha thanks mate, you do flatter me though.

The PC character has been around a little while now and isn't too hard to read. A committed (or is that should be) activist with messages he must impart. I would nearly guarantee we are just one of a number of social media sites he preaches on. And it is a religion for these guys. No room for live and let live.

Why did he pick the Chookpen? That I don't know.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddo Colt 61;n855172][QUOTE=Jacks Fur Coat;
                            Sadly not I suspect. Souths support is second to his lifes work of edumacating the masses to his crazy doctrine. Crikey, he even wove in a peck on the cheek for the gormless Julia Gillard in a 6 again thread or the like! That takes some doctoring."

You really should look up a word meaning before you use it Jax. "Gormless" means witless or stupid and while not an appropriate description of Julia it fits very nicely the young mum high school teacher whom I saw on TV after the election who had voted for Scomo because he was around their age and had kids of similar age and would, therefore, understand their interests and would look out for them - Baby Cheeses!!! Can you believe that? That's the quintessence of "gormless". And a HS teacher? Little wonder the Naplan scores are going South rapidly. I hope she enjoys her $16 tax cut.

It's been a while since you posted about the view from your Members' Stand pozzie in the SCG. What are seeing now Jax? Still that hole in the ground? Maybe what's taking so long is that Glad's boyfriend is trying to skim all of the contractors. Maybe he had a role too in the colossal rail cost blowout and the iCare debacle - ripping off injured workers ? I know from grim experience what a "crazy doctrine" really is trust me but you obviously can't see it from your Members seat.[/QUOTE]

Better not check the federal polls you toothless feral . Scomo has ablo by 63% to 37% in safe labor seat , Gone like your vermin mates

Comment

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/ethan-l...0-376e55e7051c
                              Wonder if this is another medical retirement
                              Paddo might have some insight being there number 2 fan

Comment

Working...
                              X