Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake

Time to go old Friend.

You’re a man from another time, just like in Planet of the Apes.

Do the the right thing. Call it a day.

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
    Time to go old Friend.

seriously mate, stop it.

Comment

Bansai , do you think he has something to offer for 1 more season if he played 50min a match ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
        Time to go old Friend.

LOL
        More like "Do the right thing and please stay."
        Jake is not the problem...the problem is that our team overall is not as tall, muscular, big of frame as the top teams...and therefore, with the game now being "Superleague" and opposition monsters running at our defence at pace like express trains, our players can't tackle them.

Comment

Jake plays for the jersey week in and week out, he bleeds RWB. Verrills is coming off an acl injury so he’ll have to be eased back in. Friend seems like he’d be a good mentor for both Verrills and Lussick. One more year at least for Friend IMO.

Comment

I do Believe we need a complete overhaul of the roster
            unfortunately our forwards body build needs to change we need bigger bodies that can take it over the advantage line

jake may need to reinvent himself as Sam will become our 1st choice Hooker,

A few moments in the game on the left hand side Latrell would have created an opportunity or hit the line hard and scored unfortunately Morris couldn’t offer that hopefully Billy Smith can turn into something like that

cordner for someone so young has basically no Lateral movement at all he seems to pick up balls like he’s got a bad back he needs to start getting an offload into him basically become a one trick pony taking the hard runs otherwise may have to move into the middle I mean I love cordner but something needs to change I remember Gus saying the same thing a few years ago and he sort of changed the way he played ... looks like he’s back to his old ways

Comment

Originally posted by Fitz1992 View Post
              I do Believe we need a complete overhaul of the roster
              unfortunately our forwards body build needs to change we need bigger bodies that can take it over the advantage line

jake may need to reinvent himself as Sam will become our 1st choice Hooker,

A few moments in the game on the left hand side Latrell would have created an opportunity or hit the line hard and scored unfortunately Morris couldn’t offer that hopefully Billy Smith can turn into something like that

cordner for someone so young has basically no Lateral movement at all he seems to pick up balls like he’s got a bad back he needs to start getting an offload into him basically become a one trick pony taking the hard runs otherwise may have to move into the middle I mean I love cordner but something needs to change I remember Gus saying the same thing a few years ago and he sort of changed the way he played ... looks like he’s back to his old ways
              Who’s Latrell?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Who’s Latrell?
                Think you misread his comment ...he was saying that Boyd Cordner has lost his Latrell movement !

Comment

I actually think that when Jake was fit and well this year he played very well. I thought with the new six again rule his lack of speed would be to his detriment but he chose his moments and ran very well from dummy half.

He is getting on though and I think he only has one more year left in him. I have the feeling he thinks he may have more.

Comment

No matter who our hooker is we need to play with more width from our first pass. Our players are hitting up the ball 2 metres wide of the ruck whereas Storm are receiving it 8-10 metres wide. Watch Cam Smith next week give a masterclass on this when they flog Raiders by thirty.

Comment

we did well mate, I think it's the fatigue and hunger to win affected us. The much needed break will refresh the boys to go again next year.

Comment

We came fourth in a sixteen team comp . We played our worst games at the start and the finish .We have won 4 gf in 20 years . Very few clubs can claim that . Not our best year but better than most .Even the mighty Roosters cant win every year even know we expect them to.
                        Go the Roosters Ps love Jake , great club man and great hooker . Hope he continues on for a couple of years and teaches Sam the subtle parts of the game

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Worthless View Post
                          No matter who our hooker is we need to play with more width from our first pass. Our players are hitting up the ball 2 metres wide of the ruck whereas Storm are receiving it 8-10 metres wide. Watch Cam Smith next week give a masterclass on this when they flog Raiders by thirty.
                          GW - I agree with your observation. Robbo went for versatility some years back but now it’s more the fact the game is about speed and mobility. An interesting observation when at the SCG on Friday night when we had no TKO or JWH on that it was the time we looked better due to Gus, Isaac, Satili and SBW. Props like Welch from the drizzle is where it’s at. Speed and mobility.
                          I’m not a Flanagan fan as I haven’t seen anything special from him and I hope we don’t persist with him like we did with Pearce. Looking ahead Keary and Radley a better half 5/8 combo for me with Sam as hooker and Gus and Teddy co captains. Freddy Warnecke Peard and Stumpy all 5/8 and locks.
                          New forwards need to be mongrels with speed and mobility.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                            GW - I agree with your observation. Robbo went for versatility some years back but now it’s more the fact the game is about speed and mobility. An interesting observation when at the SCG on Friday night when we had no TKO or JWH on that it was the time we looked better due to Gus, Isaac, Satili and SBW. Props like Welch from the drizzle is where it’s at. Speed and mobility.
                            I’m not a Flanagan fan as I haven’t seen anything special from him and I hope we don’t persist with him like we did with Pearce. Looking ahead Keary and Radley a better half 5/8 combo for me with Sam as hooker and Gus and Teddy co captains. Freddy Warnecke Peard and Stumpy all 5/8 and locks.
                            New forwards need to be mongrels with speed and mobility.
                            look at big papa, looks as though he can’t last 10min, has knee injuries, and is probably the best prop in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

look at big papa, looks as though he can’t last 10min, has knee injuries, and is probably the best prop in the game.
                              Over hyped Papali prefer Christian Welch. Even Campbell - Gillard has speed and mongrel. Papa is good but a different style of player to what we need.

Comment

Working...
                              X