No announcement yet.

Soo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend has to be the run on hooker for Qld they hardly have any experience. These are their experienced players.

Papalii
    Friend
    Welch
    Kafusi
    DCE
    Munster
    Gagai
    Hunt

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

If i might queitly add that is a strange bench. Walker to replace who? Keary? Only 1 Prop on the bench.. i thought Yeo deserved a shot there hes a beast of a player.
      I'm sure Yeo will play game 2 as players wont be playing all 3 - bit of an issue going forward though for contracts - players who would normally not play SOO are getting a game- some players have rep footy clauses in their contracts-paid more and if your an SOO player you can command more in the market place for your services.

SOO at end of year should be a one off this year unless COVID is still around or a new bacteria that China is working on is released. Always amazes me that experts can never predict things happening before they actually do.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6191230400001

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
        great to see jake get selected. overdue and i hope he kills it. also luke - he's got a chance to prove he's one of the real elites. also glad to see toops get recognition. cords and teddy were certs but good to see angus get another chance. good luck to lindsay.

obviously hope none of our boys get injured but i'm looking forward to the series.
        Freddy actually approached Toops the last two years, but because of the Internationals scheduled he chose to play for Tonga and not make himself available for SOO.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Freddy actually approached Toops the last two years, but because of the Internationals scheduled he chose to play for Tonga and not make himself available for SOO.
          wouldn't swap him for anyone. hope he kills it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            Why do they sing the anthem anyway?
            I agree. I personally don't see the point of singing the National Anthem at anything other than an International.

Comment

If i might queitly add that is a strange bench. Walker to replace who? Keary? Only 1 Prop on the bench.. i thought Yeo deserved a shot there hes a beast of a player.
              My guess is that he is providing cover in case Teddy doesn't make it though the game, or if one of the halves goes down. Gutho to fullback and Walker to center, or Walker to 5/8. If NSW are behind with 10 to go he might get thrown on somewhere in a desperate attempt to score.

Comment

I agree. I personally don't see the point of singing the National Anthem at anything other than an International.

Exactly.

Comment

Freddy has picked a bench to match qld, ie Welch, whilst a good player, is not a monster, only Papa is a big unit, so it seems both sides are going to play fast footy. Jake can play up front. Angus can play 13, Haas and Paulo have massive motors, all good, we should poleax them. Remember the time of year, it's going to be warm at night.

Comment

Haas is shit, I hope playing with decent players for once has him playing above his form. Paulo plays 40-60 mins a game, thats not a big motor but he does do good work in that time.

I am really happy for Jake Friend to finally get his start in SOO. While I can never support QLD I will be hoping he does well
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                      Haas is shit, I hope playing with decent players for once has him playing above his form. Paulo plays 40-60 mins a game, thats not a big motor but he does do good work in that time.

I am really happy for Jake Friend to finally get his start in SOO. While I can never support QLD I will be hoping he does well
                      Bit tough on the payne in the haas mate...he carried a struggling pack this year well for a young buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Bit tough on the payne in the haas mate...he carried a struggling pack this year well for a young buck.
                        I suppose I am, but I hate Brisbane, he was no where as good as commentators/media portrayed him, he made far too many mistakes and hell if one can't come on and say a Broncos player is shit then what is the point of anything
                        sigpic

Comment

Not a fan of Teddy being cleared to play only 3.5 weeks after a grade 2 MCL sprain/partial tear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

I suppose I am, but I hate Brisbane, he was no where as good as commentators/media portrayed him, he made far too many mistakes and hell if one can't come on and say a Broncos player is shit then what is the point of anything
                            Out of your mind. Only averaged 185M a game and 40 tackles . He will be one of the best in the future lol

Comment

I have to say it was heart-warming to watch both the NZ and Aussie rugby teams stand proud and sing their respective anthems tonight. No equivocation or PC nods and winks, just pride and respect. Beautiful.

Comment

Out of your mind. Only averaged 185M a game and 40 tackles . He will be one of the best in the future lol
                                Yes I am out of my mind but he is tainted and along with that other stuff were an average of 4806 missed tackles per game and 283 handling errors
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X