No announcement yet.

Soo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cordner done by a love tap, future doesn’t look good for Boyd.

Comment

Fark. Gutted for Boyd.

HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS SERIES.

I honestly think he should probably retire for the sake of his health if that's another concussion.

This bloke has bled for this club like few others in our history; but it's deadset hard watching him play right now.

Comment

Cordner has been a warrior for the Roosters/NSW/Australia but if that kind of knock is going to lead to a concussion he needs to look after his long term health and retire.

Comment

god. I’m shattered for boyd he might seriously have to retire.

Comment

That was nothing and his glass jaw shattered. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
              Dull game so far.

Don't feel like Origin.
              Been saying this for years.. the gradual softening of the game will kill origin, the removal of shoulder charges was the start of it.. the moment fans started BOOING big hits I knew it was a matter of time.

since 2013 origin has been kept alive because the animosity for the streak and the older players who were part of it... that era is now over and what do we have left? No more fights to create rivalries between players... no more big hits to create those big moments.. and people can claim all they want that “you don’t need fights and shoulder charges in origin” but I ask this.. what footage do they use to promote origin every year? Exactly.
              My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
              My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Cameron Murray potential serious injury. This was always the danger of post season SOO

Comment

Poor Boyd. I hope he’s okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                    That was nothing and his glass jaw shattered. Terrible.
                    His like a boxer who just needs to retire.. the heart is still there but he can’t even take glancing blows anymore. He needs to rest big time and retire from rep footy.
                    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

• Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

His like a boxer who just needs to retire.. the heart is still there but he can’t even take glancing blows anymore. He needs to rest big time and retire from rep footy.
                      Reminds me of one of my favorite strikers in chuck Liddell...

Absolute warrior in the cage, but once he copped that 1st knock out (by Rashad Evans I think it was) .. he was never the same.

Ended up fighting on and the finish to his career will forever be a blight on his career.

A serious of nasty knock outs forced him to retire.

Boyd is already down that same path.

Comment

• What a miracle recovery for Boyd.

He looked toast.

It's panic stations whenever he's near the footy atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                          What a miracle recovery for Boyd.

He looked toast.

It's panic stations whenever he's near the footy atm.
                          The problem is boyd is too proud to call it but far out it his head cant handle the collision he has a glass jaw...

Comment

• I like to hope for the best when it comes to our captain, I love watching him play and trust that our doctors make sure that his fitness and welfare is paramount.

Some of the analogies on here are a bit over the top imo.

He'll be a long time retired when he decides to call it and I hope the decision is his. But if it comes to being a medical opinion then so be it.

Comment

• I understand the concern about further head knocks for Cords & Keary, but they are both operating under the best available medical advice. All this “one knock away from retirement“ is a little overblown. Read the article about Keary on the NRL.com site. It puts his situation in perspective, and I don’t doubt Cords is in a similar position.

Comment

• Boyd has really struggled in recent times in coping with footwork. Looks old and tired.

Comment

Working...
                                X