No announcement yet.

Pathetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I think a near total rebuild is on the cards.

Jake is past it.

Boyd needs to be medically retired.

And Keary, god love him, isn’t far behind owing to repeated Brain injuries.

SBW? You’d keep him for about 200k.

Both Morris’? C’mon. Let’s be real.

Thank god Maubs dived on the grenade and called it a day.

Core of future success is Teddy, Manu, Radley and Verrills. If they recover.

Flanno, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
      Agree with Bansai.

The team was flying then all of sudden 3 straight losses

Club legends falling off tackles. Soft tries up the middle.

The club has some major issues to address:

1. Cordner should be asked to retire. It is obvious his career is over. Forget about SOO and walk away with your head up high.

2. Ditto Jake Friend.

3. Need to find a replacement for Flanagan ASAP. He is not the answer.

4. Need a succession plan for JWH.

5. Ditto the Morris brothers.

6. Need some back ups for SST as he will miss half of next season.

7. Kearys career is hanging by a thread. What's the plan?

8. Re-sign Crighton for 10 years.

9. Convince SBW to play 1 more season. He and Crighton kept us in the game.

10. Unless he was injured Robbo needs to explain why he took Crighton off.

11. Fark the NRL.
      A mate of mine pointed one major issue behind the demise the last 3 weeks..and its a very valid point and the real answer you are looking for. SEVERAL of our players have had major concussion issues...thats it.
      throw in we were not at our best but we almost pulled off the 2 semi wins..with a bit of luck...shows that we are a class above all..
      High injury toll to boot .Besides this years s como is just that a mickey mouse comp...idiotic changes...corrupt or plain stupid rules interpretations. . Its been shit to watch.
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
        Unfortunately I think a near total rebuild is on the cards.

Jake is past it.

Boyd needs to be medically retired.

And Keary, god love him, isn’t far behind owing to repeated Brain injuries.

SBW? You’d keep him for about 200k.

Both Morris’? C’mon. Let’s be real.

Thank god Maubs dived on the grenade and called it a day.

Core of future success is Teddy, Manu, Radley and Verrills. If they recover.

Flanno, who knows?

The dragons ,tigers and bulldogs need a total rebuild. No so sure about the chooks although there will be some changes due to players returning from long term injuries

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
          1. I suggested letting Friend go was vital in our succession plan weeks ago, as it allows us to keep Verrills and probably Lussick too. My opinion hasn't changed. He should look to the likes of Brisbane for a final big retirement payout.

2. I still think JWH can be an immense prop and perform well for us for another 2 years, but he needs support. With SST gone long term, Collins will step up. But i'd really like to see Farmersilly/Fifita beef up and get some angry pills. We need good bench front rowers to make serious meters and i think jury is still out on both those guys.

3. I think the off season will do Cordner the world of good. I hope he isn't going to be playing Origin however.

4. The Morris brothers are more than good enough for another season.

5. Halfback is concerning. But Lam isn't the answer. Maybe with more trust from Robbo and a different game plan Flanno can be more of an attacking weapon.

Our 2021 team on paper looks very good - Teddy/Toops/Manu/Morris/Morris/Keary in the backline alone means we going to be thereabouts.
          We've got Radley and Verrills coming back, JWH and Cordner after a good rest and to sort out injuries, Crichton on the cusp of his coming of age imo
          I'll stop short predicting we'll win it, but we are going to have a good year in 2021.
          I agree with this post, good one SF.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

The dragons ,tigers and bulldogs need a total rebuild. No so sure about the chooks although there will be some changes due to players returning from long term injuries
            A total rebuild isn't necessary but some of the building blocks need replacing.
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
              I warned everyone earlier in the year that the intention of the new rules was to kill Roosters/Storm defensive dominance ala 2005 rule changes to kill Roosters/Bulldogs.

Having said that, despite key injuries to Radley and Verrills, we were one Jake Friend concussion away from a genuine shot at the title. Many of you are massively overreacting calling for a complete cleanout of the roster.

I don't think anyone is asking for a cleanout of the roster. Players like Radley, Crighton, Teddy, Manu, Sitili, Collins, Verills and Lussick are great young players that will no doubt bring further success in the years to come.

However there are several players, and quality ones at that, that are nearing the end.

I'm sure Nick and Robbo have their plans. They are the best at doing it after all.

But none of us are behind the scenes so we use this forum to speculate.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Nothing drastic is needed ...not sold that the Morris twins will be injury free next year and they will probably be not ..but we have two good young backs to cover.
                the halves not so sure but I can see what is coming .
                This is a premier side that couldve won with a bit of luck , with out all the injuries ,head knocks , hardest draw , away from home , a hapless oval at parra ,,no rules refs games .....as you can see it was organised to make it extremely difficult for Chooks and it was ......changes are brewing but not so drastic yet but in a years time or so ...yeah a small clean up will be required .
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  I don't think anyone is asking for a cleanout of the roster. Players like Radley, Crighton, Teddy, Manu, Sitili, Collins, Verills and Lussick are great young players that will no doubt bring further success in the years to come.

However there are several players, and quality ones at that, that are nearing the end.

I'm sure Nick and Robbo have their plans. They are the best at doing it after all.

But none of us are behind the scenes so we use this forum to speculate.
                  You are calling Cordner's career over, Keary hanging by a thread. I presume you mean because of concussion. You are confusing Robbo's softly softly approach to make sure they are here for many more years with a Liam Fulton career end scenario.

SST has 3-4 good years left in him.
                  Friend could play a couple more really good seasons but granted we should start telling him that if he wants to stay he needs gradually convert to a bench role so that we can keep Verrills.
                  JWH's career is over due to the current rule interpretations. Hopefully sanity to will prevail and NRL will slow it down a little so we can keep him as our bench impact forward.
                  JMoz was always a stop gap for judas Latrell.
                  BMoz just a freak and I would be in no rush to replace him. Find a couple good young kids that would be ready for 1st grade in 2-3 years time.
                  Flanagan was also a stop gap until Walker ready.

The only thing we need right away is a couple young forwards ready to be blooded.

Comment

Working...
                  X