NRL Bunker review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRL Bunker review.

In light of the howler in the Roosters Knights game, Annesley has flagged a review of the Bunker. Saying in relation to Collins no try, "It was a try every day of the week"
    He is hoping to have his idea reviewed by the NRL commission so that it will be in place before next week.

Not sure what this big idea could be other than telling bunker officials to stop making blindingly stupid decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
      Not sure what this big idea could be other than telling bunker officials to stop making blindingly stupid decisions
      Put fatty in the bunker, he was laughing in disbelief at some of those decisions over the weekend

Comment

I like Annesley, there is nothing wrong with the bunker just the person making the calls.

There's always 4 or 5 people in that bunker. I wonder if they couldn't go with a 3 man panel where they vote and majority wins. Might cut out the absolute shocker...

Comment

Apparently besides Maxwell, Beau Scott was assisting. No mention of anyone else though.

Comment

The fact that the try went up as a 'No Try' is very significant. There wasn't much there to confuse things so Klein should have either ruled on it straight away or sent it as a try, but for some reason, he thought otherwise much like some decisions in the Storm game in Brisbane.

Comment

Gould is so relentlessly critical of the bunker. Maybe this is yet another job that Peter V'Landys could personally assign/delegate to him to oversee and/or get involved with! In all seriousness, I am not sure what Annesley realistically expects to be able to achieve here.
              Last edited by Mad_Rabid_Rooster; 09-15-2020, 12:12 AM.
              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Here’s an idea - why doesn’t Annesley man the bunker himself, particularly given his clarity that it was a try every day of the week. Get rid of the other buffoons and do the job yourself. I can guarantee his great new idea from the review will do nothing - because there is no great idea. If the much maligned bunker is one of the greatest blights on the modern game (together with the Storm’s wrestling which continues unabated despite the 6 again rule) then Annesley needs to do something drastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
                  Here’s an idea - why doesn’t Annesley man the bunker himself, particularly given his clarity that it was a try every day of the week. Get rid of the other buffoons and do the job yourself. I can guarantee his great new idea from the review will do nothing - because there is no great idea. If the much maligned bunker is one of the greatest blights on the modern game (together with the Storm’s wrestling which continues unabated despite the 6 again rule) then Annesley needs to do something drastic.
                  just needs to appoint someone from the chookpen and it'll be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer View Post
                    Apparently besides Maxwell, Beau Scott was assisting. No mention of anyone else though.
                    In his presser Annesley said that the "no try" decision came because of a disagreement between the two officials Maxwell and Scott. Is it a good idea to have an ex Newcastle player as the reviewer in a Knights game? Just sayin' ........

Comment

I'd like to see a trial of the on-field ref watching a replay like they did at the soccer World Cup. It could be a disaster, but trial it, the bunker takes forever anyway as they sit there and bicker over 25 replays, and they have no accountability hiding away in their cosy little protected environment at the end of it all.
                      Klein said no try but he's escaped accountability by unloading the decision to the bunker who couldn't decide! And we are still none the wiser about the two bickering boofheads. How can 2 officials who are supposedly trained in the same rule come to a different conclusion , and not be held accountable. Annesley just says we have to change the process - when its too late that is a massive cop out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        I like Annesley, there is nothing wrong with the bunker just the person making the calls.

There's always 4 or 5 people in that bunker. I wonder if they couldn't go with a 3 man panel where they vote and majority wins. Might cut out the absolute shocker...
                        Scissors, paper, rock

Comment

I wish one of the journalists had asked in his presser who went for what. Was the ex player saying try and Horse saying no try. Ie the ex ref with no feel for the game.?

just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
                            I wish one of the journalists had asked in his presser who went for what. Was the ex player saying try and Horse saying no try. Ie the ex ref with no feel for the game.?

just a thought.
                            Exactly. If horse head was the one who got it wrong then what would the difference had been if they got rid of the players?

Comment

Originally posted by Renman View Post

In his presser Annesley said that the "no try" decision came because of a disagreement between the two officials Maxwell and Scott. Is it a good idea to have an ex Newcastle player as the reviewer in a Knights game? Just sayin' ........
                              Funny you mention this A few years back 2016 I think We played Bulldogs and Patten was going to award a pretty blatant no try for Canterbury Fortunately whoever was with him over ruled him It could all clearly be heard on audio

We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                              Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Working...
                              X