No announcement yet.

Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to respectfully disagree with a few there regarding the top 8. 8 teams brings in more money and that can't be ignored.

Besides that, yes this year there is a massive gab between the top 5 sides and teams 6, 7 and 8. But just 2 seasons ago, team 1. the Roosters finished the regular season on 34 points and team 8. the Warriors 32 points.

Don't change something that isn't broken.

Comment

That first week of the finals vs Melb at Suncrap will be massive. I reckon whoever wins that game beats the Riff in the GF.

Hate that we have to fly up the day off. Massive advantage for the drizzle. If we didn't lose that golden point game we would probably have finished 2nd on for/against.
      Last edited by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva; 09-20-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
        I have to respectfully disagree with a few there regarding the top 8. 8 teams brings in more money and that can't be ignored.

Besides that, yes this year there is a massive gab between the top 5 sides and teams 6, 7 and 8. But just 2 seasons ago, team 1. the Roosters finished the regular season on 34 points and team 8. the Warriors 32 points.

'Don't change something that isn't broken' is a rule the NRL has never adhered to. But in any case, I'd argue if it's not broken, it there is a definite fracture.

Comment

Good for revenue and all but it just means that mediocre teams like Sharks and Knights are playing semis. But then again Parra are top 4 and they are useless.

Comment

No matter what the final structure is, the number of teams in any finals series needs to be a reflection of the number of teams in the competition proper. Take the NFL for example, 32 teams and 14 in the play offs (just under half). Or the soccer world cup, again 32 teams 16 in the knock outs.

Comment

Top 5 or 6 for me . Seems sometimes with a top 8 its like every child wins a prize type thing

Comment

It will be an interesting final series. I don't think we are as well prepared as the last 2 years but then is anyone and the Roosters always turn it on come semis.
                Melbourne can do anything.
                I worry about Penrith being the flavour of the month and while it may not be intentional it def plays a part. The one thing about Penrith that has me doubting them is I am not convinced they will get any better or be able to change anything. To win a premiership you need to not only be better in the semis you need to change and not do what you have been doing all year..

I honestly think the Roosters will control their own destiny and I think we can win it
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

That first week of the finals vs Melb at Suncrap will be massive. I reckon whoever wins that game beats the Riff in the GF.

Hate that we have to fly up the day off. Massive advantage for the drizzle. If we didn't lose that golden point game we would probably have finished 2nd on for/against.
                  I reckon whoever loses that will beat Penrith in the prelim.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                    Top 5 or 6 for me . Seems sometimes with a top 8 its like every child wins a prize type thing
                    And this year at least every team will get to say, “We played in September”.

Comment

Lucky Penrith will (most likely) get a free run to a pre-lim.

They haven’t had a decent opposition is ages. They will be shell shocked when they come up against us or Melbourne.

Looking forward to seeing that smirk wiped right off that Ivan Cleary’s face. He will feel like his bus ran over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

They haven’t had a decent opposition is ages. They will be shell shocked when they come up against us or Melbourne.

Looking forward to seeing that smirk wiped right off that Ivan Cleary’s face. He will feel like his bus ran over him.

Lol. Harsh but fair

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Agree.

Penrith have had an easy draw all season. They haven't been tested a great deal, which will likely bring them back to earth come finals.
                          That said, Penrith look like they get a free ride to the GF, as follows:
                          Round 1 of finals: Eels
                          Round 3 of finals: Storm (Penrith would have had a week off and Storm would have played prob Rabbits the week prior)

Compared to us:
                          Round 1 of finals: Storm
                          Round 3 of finals: Canberra (We would have had a week off and Canberra would have played Sharks then Eels)

My prediction:

The Storm. They are always a tough opponent. Last time we played them we were far from full strength and after last nights game against the Sharks its clear that Robbo is holding us back (like a jockey waiting for the home straight). If we can get over the Storm in the middle, even match them in the middle, we win!

Canberra. They have been a notch below us all season. Sure they can roll any time on their day, but with no week off, coming up against us after a week off. We win this one.

Penrith don't seem to panic and have been able to get the wins. However, I haven't seem them in a tight situation where an opponent is forcing them to play. When this comes, my prediction is that they will implode.

Comment

We are guaranteed a top 4 finish, period! The only thing is 3rd or 4th, but most likely 3rd. Parra can still be caught by the raiders if they lose next week and the raiders win today and next week due to +/-. Raiders can only catch us if they score about 170 clear points. If Robbo decides to rest more players next week and we lose, then it could put us in 4th spot. The raiders play the sharks next week so I'm guessing they should win that so Parra have no option but to go for a win against the tigers otherwise they're out of the top 4, which means that it would leave us 4th, if we lose v souffs... It's a game of chess!

Comment

No one ever wins the main prize by taking the easy run . Would much rather play the tougher teams and grind out a few wins before smashing Storm or Panthers in the Gf . Don't really rate the others in the 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                                No one ever wins the main prize by taking the easy run . Would much rather play the tougher teams and grind out a few wins before smashing Storm or Panthers in the Gf . Don't really rate the others in the 8.
                                I’m with you here mate the last two years we have had to beat all top 4 teams to claim the premiership this year will be no different Top 4 with maybe the exception of Parramatta out Canberra in will be the last 4 teams standing.

Comment

Working...
                                X