Has Robbo lost the plot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Robbo lost the plot?

Toupa @ 3/4 on the same side as The pom.. Aubbo and the pom with Toupa on the edge would have made more sense.. Crazy..

Robbo is pretty much working miracles the way I see it at the moment. We are holding up well despite all the injuries and Mitchell's defection and Cronk's retirement. Apart from probably Melbourne, who else could be sitting in 4th place despite all the changes we are seeing.

Don't forget a few of these guys have limited First Grade experience like Flanagan, Stilli, Collins, Ikavalu. They haven't really let us down as yet IMO. We are still grinding out results and lost a couple of close ones to two heavyweights. It's not the time to panic just yet!

Comment

It wouldn't have been my first choice either, but I think Robbo is a bit more tried, tested, proven and qualified than any of us to make such assessments and judgements.

Besides, I do not think he will persist with it after this experiment, as I think it was pretty obvious that there are better options and combinations to consider going forward, even in light of our current injury predicament.
      Last edited by Mad_Rabid_Rooster; 08-02-2020, 02:09 AM.
      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Everynow and then I think Robbo has these "better see if it works just in case" moments.
        These moments have played a huge part our back to back premierships
        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
          Everynow and then I think Robbo has these "better see if it works just in case" moments.
          I reckon that's right, Kingbilly . Prepared for any eventuality and a deep, deep knowledge of what we've got.

Comment

Do you know one thing I love about Robbo? He NEVER makes excuses.

You wouldn't even know we have an injury crisis because he's all about the "next man up" mentality. This avoidance of excuses filters through to the playing group. It emboldens the squad players who feel more than mere "injury fillers" and sees them lift their game.

Contrast this to the Raiders, where Wicky has made a big song and dance about their injury toll every chance he gets. His media lacky's Kent and Ennis have let everyone know about it too.

Always an excuse. Just like last year's GF. Is it any wonder he hasn't won anything in 18 years?

Comment

For sure mate,

A coach cannot create alternatives unless he's tested them,

and yes we have seen such scenario's play out 6-8 weeks before the finals.
              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

He's obviously doing some experimentation at the moment. You can see him try a combo or positional switch and if it doesnt fire he drops it.

Sitili in the centres doesnt seem to work as a case in point. Would have expected him to try an an ankle tap dive when chssing that guy down the right flank. Was never going to catch him but got within diving space briefly and stayed upright.
                I stand with the Police.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

He's obviously doing some experimentation at the moment. You can see him try a combo or positional switch and if it doesnt fire he drops it.

Sitili in the centres doesnt seem to work as a case in point. Would have expected him to try an an ankle tap dive when chssing that guy down the right flank. Was never going to catch him but got within diving space briefly and stayed upright.
                  Not much commitment shown there. He had him if he dived. I never want to see Sitili in the centre’s agin. They say it’s the hardest position to defend from too with the decision making involved. Sitili is no great defender at the best of times.
                  Love the blokes energy though. His defence will hopefully improve and he will be a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    Do you know one thing I love about Robbo? He NEVER makes excuses.

You wouldn't even know we have an injury crisis because he's all about the "next man up" mentality. This avoidance of excuses filters through to the playing group. It emboldens the squad players who feel more than mere "injury fillers" and sees them lift their game.

Contrast this to the Raiders, where Wicky has made a big song and dance about their injury toll every chance he gets. His media lacky's Kent and Ennis have let everyone know about it too.

Always an excuse. Just like last year's GF. Is it any wonder he hasn't won anything in 18 years?
                    That’s why I hated Stuart in the end. He ALWAYS made excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      That was my take on it. Come finals time can we use Tupouniua instead of Maubs.

Comment

I would have loved it if Manu crept across to the left and slid in between Sitili and Hall - full back style!

Comment

Nah, middle part of the season we always do this.....remember that shocking loss on the Central Coast to the Cowboys last year? We looked like strangers. The key is staying in/close to the 4 whilst not blowing the squad up and then priming for when it matters, Robbo seems to have mastered this the last 2 seasons and things look on track (Radley injury aside) for another tilt at the premiership.

Trust in Trent.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

That’s why I hated Stuart in the end. He ALWAYS made excuses.
                            No more excuses!

Comment

Yesterday showed how much value we get from the Moz boys, in defence, and attack. They snuff out opposition before they get going. We need them back to have any chance of winning the comp. I don't particularly rate Sitili. He goes alright when we are all rolling forward, but not when it's going against us. Hopefully if Sonny performs that problem will be solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X