Sst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sst

What a game and what a player he has been for us.
    I’m not sure how many mins he played today but he just kept going and going...tough runs with great minutes. He is one of the best props the club has ever had.

62 mins today. One of our best this szn

Comment

Most underrated player in the game. So many of our points are scored off the back of his runs. Never really seems to get the credit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
        Most underrated player in the game. So many of our points are scored off the back of his runs. Never really seems to get the credit for it.
        Totally agree.

Comment

So do I. Great player, and he always moved foward in that game. He featured in my top three performers of the day.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

SST has been immense in every game he’s played this season. He’s also been doing more work with JWH not being 100% fit. Great player, wouldn’t replace him with anyone.

Comment

bloke knows his way around a footy field.

when he signed for a further 2 years i was disappointed. i wanted it to be for longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
                I think he is very highly rated by all. Greg Alexander has commented numerous times that he is the best front rower in the the game.

Comment

and he is very versatile, front row, lock. Prob my f av Rooster at he moment
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

Nible footwork from the big fella. Lotta love for Sio..I wonder if Jwhs calf will good to go next week. Thurs v merge
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

the bloke is honest and not prone to heated moments

great mentality equates to focus in carries and post contact meters

the zen master of prop forwards
                      "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Best prop in the game.

Crazy to think that he Fonua-Blake (2nd best prop in the game for mine) and Taumalolo will all represent the Tongan side over the next few years.

Fotuaika from the Titans also possibly to pledge his allegiance to Tonga.

Comment

Love SST, what a workhorse, reminds me of Big Petro Civanoceiva, only SST has a better step.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                            62 mins today. One of our best this szn
                            Agreed. The Titans aren't doing so well but Proctor, Peats, Wallace, Arrow and Peachey are all rep grade forwards. Hipgrave was having the game of his life too, in a game where the Titans had quite obviously done a quality deconstruction of our defence (they are garbage but I mean... 5 rep forwards with a plan to beat us versus eeerm... one Tongan rep?) On paper our forwards were underdogs TBH (VERY fresh with Collins, Butcher, Fifita and Silly Farmer all having to step up to the occasion, with leaky edges doing nothing to help their cause).

With JWH injured, SST was basically our only enforcer. He did us proud and had Proctor sounding like an idiot (his biggest whinge led to 2 of his players being sent off because the ref had to be like 'doh... yeah... Friendie's gonna challenge me and make me look like an absolute mug if I don't send 'em because earlier on I had a massive word to him about how I had to send Teddy off or award a try, no other option'.

So long as we see improvement every week, I'm happy for us to keep edging out teams through game management rather than brilliance. Come the finals... that's when JWH, SST, Cords, Crichton, SBW, Liu, Collins, Butch and Sitili/Lam will run a riot. IMO we'll be very hard to stop if our current players keep this up and are then joined by their good mates at the right time...

PS - one advantage of JWH playing 1/2 a game is that he isn't getting suspended!

Comment

Working...
                            X