Joey Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Manu

We direct all our attacking kicks to him until we get Toops back, I want to see Keary linking up with him on the right as well Teddy chiming in this is where we are most dangerous in attack Joey’s confidence is steadily rising he was everywhere today great involvement he was the difference today scored a beauty and a cracking highlight reel try saver, I cannot wait until SBW gets in and links up with him.

Thoughts?

If he didn’t race out of the line and tackle no one, they wouldn’t have scored their 2nd try. He’s done that a few times lately. That said, no doubt in attack he is building towards the business end of the season, which he is apt to do.

Comment

Yep, without him we have no strike out wide.
      It's funny how Robbo persists with Hall and Iku who are both solid at best but hardly excitement machines. Surely we have some young outside backs chomping at the bit to get a chance.

Just have a look at the Panthers Vs Manly game and Penrith blood young Charlie Staines last week and he has now scored 6 tries in 2 games.
      surely now is the time to blood some young outside backs.

Comment

Originally posted by nayfo View Post
        It's funny how Robbo persists with Hall and Iku who are both solid at best but hardly excitement machines. Surely we have some young outside backs chomping at the bit to get a chance.

Just have a look at the Panthers Vs Manly game and Penrith blood young Charlie Staines last week and he has now scored 6 tries in 2 games.
        Didn't Iku score 5 a couple weeks back?

I think Maubs is next in line for a wing spot if one of these two go down.

Comment

Penrith have a plethora of juniors to choose from, we choose from the retirement village.

Comment

No one suitable.

Bmorris - injured
            Toops - injured
            Billy Smith - injured
            Tuipulotu - barely 18 years old. Completely untried. Robbo knows its not the right time to blood him unless either Iku or Hall go down. He is highly likely to be a turnstile in defence initially.

Iku and Hall are the best we've got currently.

Its temporary, and despite that we are still winning games with Iku and Hall.

Comment

That's right, it is slim pickings at the moment, so we can only do the best we can with who we have got at present, but the situation should be temporary in the overall scheme of things.
              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

And the wait for Hall to pop his cherry continues. Anyone know what the record is for the longest amount of games taken before a winger scored their first NRL try?

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                  If he didn’t race out of the line and tackle no one, they wouldn’t have scored their 2nd try. He’s done that a few times lately. That said, no doubt in attack he is building towards the business end of the season, which he is apt to do.
                  I agree, I have thought his rushing up defence had cost us a few tries this season, he needs to fix that, and quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                    And the wait for Hall to pop his cherry continues. Anyone know what the record is for the longest amount of games taken before a winger scored their first NRL try?
                    Ferguson has played a lot more games this year and hasn't scored one.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                      I'm pretty sure he hasnt scored one for the Bears either.

Comment

think he played once for the bears. can't remember him bombing a try in first grade.

his overall stats are pretty impressive for a fourth choice winger. metres run, post contact metres.

Comment

Even Michael Appelby scored for us on the wing. He was possibly the worst winger I’ve seen. (Still prefer him over Skinny though).
                          Last edited by Thirteen; 08-02-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                            As Robbo said [paraphrased] 'he was a 9 outta 10 but he really shoulda fixed a few things + made that 10 outta 10'.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
                              We direct all our attacking kicks to him until we get Toops back, I want to see Keary linking up with him on the right as well Teddy chiming in this is where we are most dangerous in attack Joey’s confidence is steadily rising he was everywhere today great involvement he was the difference today scored a beauty and a cracking highlight reel try saver, I cannot wait until SBW gets in and links up with him.

Thoughts?
                              Near the end of the game he rushed up out of the defensive line and let in a try thru the large hole where he should've been.

Comment

Working...
                              X