Joey Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    Even Michael Appelby scored for us on the wing. He was possibly the worst winger I’ve seen. (Still prefer him over Skinny though).
    I played alongside Appleby around 30 years ago- he was actually a lock & hooker back then. He was one of those players who had really good ball skills but actually had trouble catching the ball- go figure. Champion bloke...i think he trains & owns greyhounds now

Comment

Originally posted by nayfo View Post
      Yep, without him we have no strike out wide.
      It's funny how Robbo persists with Hall and Iku who are both solid at best but hardly excitement machines. Surely we have some young outside backs chomping at the bit to get a chance.

Just have a look at the Panthers Vs Manly game and Penrith blood young Charlie Staines last week and he has now scored 6 tries in 2 games.
      surely now is the time to blood some young outside backs.
      Nayfo surely you can find a pic to put as your profile that doesn’t have Cam Smith in it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Nayfo surely you can find a pic to put as your profile that doesn’t have Cam Smith in it.
        surely you can't call out the great c Smith, a legend amongst our refereeing ranks.

Comment

Im guessing that might be a personal pic for Nayfo....(or it better be!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Im guessing that might be a personal pic for Nayfo....(or it better be!)
            Yeah I’m guessing that as well but surely in this day and age we can still photo shop him out of that photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

No one suitable.

Bmorris - injured
              Toops - injured
              Billy Smith - injured
              Tuipulotu - barely 18 years old. Completely untried. Robbo knows its not the right time to blood him unless either Iku or Hall go down. He is highly likely to be a turnstile in defence initially.

Iku and Hall are the best we've got currently.

Its temporary, and despite that we are still winning games with Iku and Hall.
              Agreed. Also as I've said... Hall-Dawg runs ~200m a game. He's doing alright all things considered...

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Near the end of the game he rushed up out of the defensive line and let in a try thru the large hole where he should've been.
                He also saved one and scored the crucial one and again I did state attacking not defensive he does rush up, and 9 out of 10 he will shut the play down, he was close to best on field there is no denying that. What are your thoughts in the attacking zone? He should be Keary’s target until Toops gets back.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post

He also saved one and scored the crucial one and again I did state attacking not defensive he does rush up, and 9 out of 10 he will shut the play down, he was close to best on field there is no denying that. What are your thoughts in the attacking zone? He should be Keary’s target until Toops gets back.
                  Manu is the best centre in the game...we are lucky to have him.
                  Yes, should be Keary's target in attack until Toops gets back.
                  Not every play though..we must start running big forwards over the line too...like other teams are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Manu is the best centre in the game...we are lucky to have him.
                    Yes, should be Keary's target in attack until Toops gets back.
                    Not every play though..we must start running big forwards over the line too...like other teams are doing.
                    I agree with getting the forwards rolling, however we have been well contained in that department, mostly through our boys being wrestled and shitty officiating to slow us down, Victor missing no link man to dig right into the line, SST has been enormous as well as Collins in patches.

Comment

Yeah I’m guessing that as well but surely in this day and age we can still photo shop him out of that photo.
                      Pretty sure it’s his son tossing the coin for the 2018 GF. What an honour
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                      X