What is up with JWH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with JWH

Today is something like the 4th or 5th game this season he has had his initial stint and not come back in 2nd half he must be carrying some pretty significant injury for him to be playing so few minutes.

Sternum

Comment

Sternum injuries are painful, no wonder he’s playing less minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
        Sternum
        I seem to recall an article years ago that says he has had extensive history with this injury

hope it doesn’t lead to an early retirement

found it
        https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coup...c21d985dec7be0

Comment

With so many guys out Robbo can’t afford to give Jarred a week off so I am guessing the best way to rest Jarred is to play him limited minutes.

Comment

His lateral movement was found out today. Not sure if this is due to the injury but he got stood up a couple of times
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
              His lateral movement was found out today. Not sure if this is due to the injury but he got stood up a couple of times
              The first one was poor....as was Halls attempt in cover

Comment

Robbo confirmed JWH did a calf muscle and that is why he didn't return as said he is in doubt for Thursday.

Comment

JWH is a tough mutha.

It ain't just the sternum pain he is playing with guaranteed. Jared gives 110% percent every week and has the beaten up body to show for it.

He is scheduled to retire a Rooster in 2023, but i would not rule out a medical retirement before then.

Prop is the toughest position in the game on the body. Look at his peers - Shane Webcke played 250 games. Matt Scott 265. Sam Burgess 182. Paul Harrogan 169. Mark Carroll 185. You'd be hard pressed to find a prop that is still playing anywhere near peak once they are in the 220-250 game phase of their career, if they even make it that far intact.

Jarrod has just ticked over to 233.

Enjoy the great man while we've got him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    With so many guys out Robbo can’t afford to give Jarred a week off so I am guessing the best way to rest Jarred is to play him limited minutes.
                    What he said. He is shouldering the workload at the moment.

Comment

Jared is immense. Siua is immenser
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                        This sounds like the most plausible explanation. Geez I hope this can be managed okay, but at least we have better depth in this position than others if push ever comes to shove.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                          JWH is a tough mutha.

It ain't just the sternum pain he is playing with guaranteed. Jared gives 110% percent every week and has the beaten up body to show for it.

He is scheduled to retire a Rooster in 2023, but i would not rule out a medical retirement before then.

Prop is the toughest position in the game on the body. Look at his peers - Shane Webcke played 250 games. Matt Scott 265. Sam Burgess 182. Paul Harrogan 169. Mark Carroll 185. You'd be hard pressed to find a prop that is still playing anywhere near peak once they are in the 220-250 game phase of their career, if they even make it that far intact.

Jarrod has just ticked over to 233.

Enjoy the great man while we've got him.
                          mate that's awesome, I love jwh , anyone who doubts his effort

Comment

We have all seen it for a decade now....when JWH fires the Roosters win

When the season re-started there were doubts regarding the new rules not suiting his game.....but he just dominated and thrived on the speed of the game & we had that 5 weeks of first class form.

He has been off his game for a month now- i got no doubt he has been playing with an injury that under normal circumstances would see him sidelined . He has put up his hand to play because its coincided with the loss of Radley, then at times Liu, Cordner, SST and Angus.

Obviously none of us should question Robbo's decision to allow him to play....but having JWH out there really busted is going to catch up on him. Isaac Liu should be promoted to starting front rower until JWH is at lest 75% mended

Comment

Lindsay played great, Jared didn't need to come back on, end of story.

Comment

Working...
                              X