Paul Kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
    The dumbest thing Kent has said all year.... just when I was beginning to like the Muppet.

He completely ignored Lara Pitt who said 3 times that SBW wouldn't have signed with any other club caz he only wants to play for the roosters.

It doesn't matter what any other club would have offerred Kent was just trying to stir the pot but got no support from the rest of the panelists

I didn’t really mind Kent, he had to eventually turn his sights our way for what ever reason, and yes like you said not one person on that panel agreed with him, PK you have got it wrong this time and made yourself to look like a fool. What does it matter what he’s worth over a season? We’re paying him for four regular games plus finals matches total eight games if we go all the way, we have 400k plus in the cap what’s the problem? Oh right he’s going to the Roosters that’s the problem here, the big bad Roosters. Gee whiz a little desperate PK to voice your opinion?

Comment

i'm not complaining but we're the ones who've been dudded. sonny's not here for the money so the nrl should have accepted the 120k figure. 'market value' means what the market will pay. no other club was able to get him to the nrl this season so talk about market is bs.

Comment

put it this way - what would have happened if we'd said we're only paying 120k, take it or leave it? sonny wouldn't have gone to another club and wouldn't have come to the nrl at a time when the game needs all the publicity it can get.

Comment

not to mention the fact that saying 900k for sbw is paying unders is absurd. sbw is old and hasn't played nrl for years. if keary's going to take 930k a year then sbw on 900k is absurd.
          kent needs a reality check.

Comment

Kent never said shit about us rorting the cap. I watched the clip and all he said was other clubs would be blowing up about this deal and the fact they were not allowed to bid on Sonny, which both Hooper and Pitt said was irrelevant because he was never going to accept those bids anyway.

I should become a paranoia counsellor, I'd make a fortune off this site alone.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
              Kent never said shit about us rorting the cap. I watched the clip and all he said was other clubs would be blowing up about this deal and the fact they were not allowed to bid on Sonny, which both Hooper and Pitt said was irrelevant because he was never going to accept those bids anyway.

Chook.
              Wonder if he will blow up when Keary and Teddy re-sign with us and no other clubs got a chance to put their bids in.......

Comment

I love the way Kent feels so aggrieved if someone has a different view to him. Always has to have the last word on everything.

What a bunch of Rooster haters they all are: Tallis, Kent, Webster, Ikin.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Wonder if he will blow up when Keary and Teddy re-sign with us and no other clubs got a chance to put their bids in.......
                  If we extend them before they are allowed to accept offers, what can he say? "oh them Roosters, extending their top line players before other clubs can bid on them...shame, shame, shame".

I actually think there is less Rooster hate in the media these days compared to years gone by. For every drip feed idiot bagging us there are those that admire us and want to imitate us. I read this the other day.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e8b17e08a34dcc The patriarch of the Bulldogs new major sponsor – pub baron Arthur Laundy – intends to take a hands-on approach towards returning Canterbury-Bankstown to an NRL power house.

Laundy has long-admired the way Sydney Roosters kingpin Nick Politis has transformed the Tricolours into an NRL flagship and wants to fast-track the Bulldogs on a similar trajectory.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post

Chook.
                    wot? the nrl, every ref and every journo aren't v us?

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                      The dumbest thing Kent has said all year.... just when I was beginning to like the Muppet.

He completely ignored Lara Pitt who said 3 times that SBW wouldn't have signed with any other club caz he only wants to play for the roosters.

It doesn't matter what any other club would have offerred Kent was just trying to stir the pot but got no support from the rest of the panelists
                      What really disappointed me was no mention of the precedent set by NRL in 2010 to allow Gasnier to return from a failed Rugby experience and re-sign with St Merge for a pittance.

Embrace the hate/envy because we are who we are - the pride of the league. A very well managed sporting organisation!

Comment

Kent presents as a belligerent bovver boy who needs to talk a little louder and aggressively than the rest. He was a bit more nonplussed last night having the distracting and intelligent Lara Pitt opposite him instead of the sexy and alluring Phil "Buzz" Rothfield.

Then in the following show Matty Johns Podcast he and Matty and Blocker had a fascinating discussion about the Artie and Jack days which was great viewing.

Two sides of PK.

Comment

Originally posted by Smee View Post
                          So $ouff$ paying Latrell $600k per season after we offered him $800k must mean the vermin are rorting the cap.
                          Didn't the Dogs, Titans and Tigers all offer over $1M?

Comment

The reaction from the media & league supporters over SBW signing with the Chooks is exactly what the NRL wanted.
                            No sport gets the punters & the media attention like the NRL do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              The reaction from the media & league supporters over SBW signing with the Chooks is exactly what the NRL wanted.
                              That's exactly what Peter "Rugba league" eluded to last night on NRL360. The fact there's "more eyes" on our code is a significant reason for them giving SBW the green light.

I can anticipate the countdown to Sonny's first game in RWB. The media will be all over it which is good business for the club, our sponsors and in turn the next generation of young RWB supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                Exactly Mickie. SBW is a shining light for sports fans all over the place no matter what jersey he is wearing. Many people need cheering up at the moment and this will help.
                                "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                                Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Working...
                                X