Backup for Jake and hooker replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup for Jake and hooker replacement

After Jake was replaced by Lachlan Lam last week after sustaining a head knock, will Trent give Jake a week off as he has with others who have had head knocks?

Trent mentioned Freddy Lussick after the Cowboys game as being the next player to choose.

If Jake doesnt play, would it be Lam at 9 and Lussick on the bench or vice versa? Or would he go with a regular and shuffle the rest of the team?
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Trent mentioned Joey Lussick, but I think he meant Freddy.
    Lam was very good last weekend, it surprised me.
    I am not sure if Lussick has grown much but I remember him as being quite small, but he has played NSW cup a little bit.

I am not sure who I would play, but I would not have both
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

lussick looks a bit small at this stage but i've never seen him play apart from in the trial and i forget how he went. lam was great so if jake's out you'd figure he'd get first crack with maybe lussick off the bench.

Comment

Hmm interesting topic. I think Jake will play, but maybe we will see Lussick join the bench instead of Lam this week to give him a run on the paddock. With no reserve grade going at the moment these lads are getting no game time. Time will tell.
        Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
          Hmm interesting topic. I think Jake will play, but maybe we will see Lussick join the bench instead of Lam this week to give him a run on the paddock. With no reserve grade going at the moment these lads are getting no game time. Time will tell.
          That is my guess for this week if Robbo decides to go with a Jake insurance cover.

Wont see the best of Lachie until he plays at 6.

We have until August the Tooth to sign any latecomers. Be interesting to see if we do or not or whether our stocks are full.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
            lussick looks a bit small at this stage but i've never seen him play apart from in the trial and i forget how he went. lam was great so if jake's out you'd figure he'd get first crack with maybe lussick off the bench.
            People would have been nervous if Verrills was too small last year

Similar situation - Verrills last year was originally meant to be Jersey Flegg Hooker - was fast tracked to the Bear's bench then was fast tracked again to Roosters bench then starting line up where he held his own against quality opposition.

Freddy was under 20s player of the year so has talent and I assume a good work ethic if Robbo has belief in him as a back up - I would hope Robbo splits game time for that utility bench spot between Lussick and Lam so they both get that confidence and big game experience in case either need to step up to cover injury.

They need to be eased in via the bench but we have a quality side and coach that any young player with talent and good work ethic should do well and develop quickly as our squad is great at sharing the load. I think it is dangerous though throwing someone like Freddy in when it's too late (eg Friend picks up an injury) and he is all of a sudden in the deep from the start

I think no reserve grade this year makes it hard as well mind you for a player to come in to the squad with no match fitness - in saying that Lam and Ikuvalu did incredible jobs last week

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post

People would have been nervous if Verrills was too small last year

Similar situation - Verrills last year was originally meant to be Jersey Flegg Hooker - was fast tracked to the Bear's bench then was fast tracked again to Roosters bench then starting line up where he held his own against quality opposition.

Freddy was under 20s player of the year so has talent and I assume a good work ethic if Robbo has belief in him as a back up - I would hope Robbo splits game time for that utility bench spot between Lussick and Lam so they both get that confidence and big game experience in case either need to step up to cover injury.

They need to be eased in via the bench but we have a quality side and coach that any young player with talent and good work ethic should do well and develop quickly as our squad is great at sharing the load. I think it is dangerous though throwing someone like Freddy in when it's too late (eg Friend picks up an injury) and he is all of a sudden in the deep from the start

I think no reserve grade this year makes it hard as well mind you for a player to come in to the squad with no match fitness - in saying that Lam and Ikuvalu did incredible jobs last week
              always like the little blokes doing well. keary's a case in point.

would be nice if lussick gets a bit of game time if he's ready. problem is lam hasn't had much game time at dummy half and could use as much time as jake allows him and we might have to choose which one of him and lussick is the better option as jake's back up and go with one of them. but if robbo thinks lussick's the better option then so do i.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweathog_18_19_20
                Has there ever been a coach like this before? Most supporters have the same attitude, if Robbo thinks it then it is probably correct.
                haha - he's got a few runs on the board doesn't he

Comment

Trust in Trent, that’s all we can say. It wouldn’t be surprising if Friend takes a break in either the game vs NZ or the game vs Gold Coast.

Comment

Lussick not in the squad , Lam on bench again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      Lussick not in the squad , Lam on bench again.
                      And Iku in for Dawg....deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                        Lam was very good last weekend, it surprised me.
                        Lachlan Lam is an international.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                          Trent mentioned Joey Lussick, but I think he meant Freddy.
                          Trent's been reading The Chookpen too often lately. The constant references for Manu to hooker has him confused!

"Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Young Lam is our new 14 for the remainder of the season.

Comment

Lam will get the nod on his performance last week and the fact he is more experienced than Lussick. He has been sitting in the coaches box for a reason.
                              I have always liked him and thought he will improve. Like the father son connection as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X