Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the season so far and what’s to come.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the season so far and what’s to come.

My prediction for us was to be 10-4 by round 14 (still a few games to go until then) 6-3 I’m pretty happy with, so far we have had 4 serious tests and measured up well a gritty victory against Saints after losing a key man and backup to ACL’s some lengthy injuries with Liu and Toops some nursing injuries Butcher, JWH, Cords. We should sit 4th after this weekend provided the slime beat the Knights, 2 narrow losses (which should have been victories) and also led Penrith 12-0 early on I say 7/10 so far, just about at the halfway mark and we finally get play at the ECG (Rightly renamed by Mattyh).
    Problems so far.
    Finding a capable replacement for Rads.
    Defending short kickoffs
    Managing our growing injury toll
    Our best 17 moving ahead in the coming weeks.

Solutions and thoughts people.

I'd rather be where we are than where Souths are. They're going backwards. And God help the Broncos because nobody else seems to be able to help.

Comment

I don't think we have short kick off problems, toops usually fine just had an off night. I was thinking we could be easily 8-1 too, but 6-3 im happy.

Comment

Raiders then....Warriors, Titans, Dragons....we will be sitting nicely with a top 4 spot all but secured in a months time

Comment

The best thing so far is that the boys seem to still be in 3rd gear. The rest of the comp better come up with something amazing because Easts are pretty much unstoppable now. It took multiples injuries, a bias ref, and Storm putting on the performance of the season to beat us with a penalty in golden point.

My prediction is that uncle Nick will need to get the trophy cabinet resized. Caz forget the NRL premiership, I'll be disappointed with anything less than another WCC title.

Let the good times roll on #East2Win

Comment

pretty much on track. diff comp come the semis and we're well enough placed.

Comment

Parra and Pen are killing it. I still don’t rate either. Injuries pull us back a bit but as long as there are no more serious injuries I think it’s back-to-back-to-back.

Our fringe players Collins and Sitili have come on well and really established themselves are first graders. Gives us good depth. We will finish top 4 and that’s all we will need to do to win the comp.

Comment

couldn't be happier, if anything the chooks have exceeded my expectations. The new rule has revealed a new dimension to the roosters attack and Luke keary looks like a man at the top of his game. I would say he's in career best form , looks so fast and so fit, he is the best player on the planet atm....

Comment

injuries are our enemy, anymore we're in trouble especially keary, jwh, teddy, cords and friend. other then that were travelling better then I expected with no cronk or the traitor. j moz has been a great addition.

Comment

Agree with Bondicigar , couldn't be happier.
                    Think for all the injuries we are tracking really well . probably would have been higher without them but if we are in the top 4 at end off the regular season then I think we have a real shot at a threesome , sorry 3peat

Comment

I think this year has really showed how bright the roosters spirit is. After COVID with new untested rules in place and 2 losses from 2 games, all the pressure on us, the roosters come back with a bang. As well as that our depth has been sensational; case and point the most recent game against the cowgirls. Now, we’ve got our fortress back as well!!!
                      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

the roosters have to keep a focus on developing young talent and bringing kids through in due course. we have been excellent in this are in the robbo area, it is the proven way to beat the salary cap . sure we do recruit blue chip talent, but we bring so many through ourselves , tupou, manu, corner, aubbo, cords, friend, basically sst and jwh, these guys are unlikely to leave anytime soon as it is a born and breed system . basically we cheat the cap by bringing through so many kids we develop from 15/16 and pay unders for blue chip talent as we are successful . clubs who think they can just buy their way out of trouble have missed the point ...gold coast anyone 1.25 mill for a second rower who might come for 1 year and leave ?? bring people through who love your club, will run through walls and ensure it is not all about money ...watch cords last week , got up concussed played the ball cause he loves the chooks. sure he might be on 750 k , will his level of commitment be the same at another club ? who he went to for more money? he'll no ...this is the roosters way. players understand our history. our triumphs, our failures, our DNA. our grit, our toughness, they'll run through walls for this club. ikavalu scores 5 tries as a last minute call up . this is all down to robbo and nick and to a lesser extent Freddie and gus who showed us all success is possible. well done ...champion team ...it's the roosters way.

Comment

Going better than I thought. Flanno & JMoz have done a great job.
                          They definitely have the squad to win the thing it just all depends on if Keary, Teddy, Friend or JWh get injured long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                            Parra and Pen are killing it. I still don’t rate either. Injuries pull us back a bit but as long as there are no more serious injuries I think it’s back-to-back-to-back.

Our fringe players Collins and Sitili have come on well and really established themselves are first graders. Gives us good depth. We will finish top 4 and that’s all we will need to do to win the comp.
                            Yep the Panthers and Eels are looking really good both have the teams to win it, but full of cocky dickheads including the coach Ivan Cleary let them have all the spotlight nothing is won at this point of the season.

Yes that’s why I think they should be given some more time on the field SST and Angus have been sensational haven’t had a spell yet. Hopefully the boys get through the next month healthy and injury free and we can go on another good run. Then plan the charge home to the finals.

Comment

hodgshon from raiders just done his acl, I feel a bit for him. raiders are gone now, they are a terrible injury , horrid.

Comment

Working...
                              X