Positives & negatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positives & negatives

So disappointed after last night, couldn’t bring myself to post until I had calmed down a bit. There were some real positives from the game:
    Angus was a beast and future captain if he doesn’t switch to union.
    The Morris twins , no need to elaborate.
    Kyle absorbed so much pressure put on him and came up with the goods at crucial times.
    Keary proved again what a champion half/5/8 he is.
    SST what a workhorse.
    Friend despite his frustrated nudge that led to the penalty.
    Toupo for most of the game and his errors can be blamed on fatigue and carrying injury.
    Our young bench players who never took a backward step despite being under the pump .
    Our bloody defence that tackled so many repeated sets , showed why we are the benchmark team.
    The negatives were our errors, far too many for a roosters team that has won B2B.
    Bloody injuries. JWH, Cordner, Toupo adding time the 3 ACLs we already have and Isaac Liu makes me worried about our title defense.
    Manu’s lack of vigorous involvement.
    overall I was quite upset we lost but not enough to slash my wrists. The players gave their best despite not having the rub of the green from the red, but they stood strong and put the rest of the competition on notice that to win the title they need to go through us.

Still we are a good side ....Melbourne had all the 50/50 shit go their way had a mountain of possesion. etc..and fluked a win...problem is can we keep winning with the injury toll?I believe so but will be hard with a hard draw that we do have .......
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
      So disappointed after last night, couldn’t bring myself to post until I had calmed down a bit. There were some real positives from the game:
      Angus was a beast and future captain if he doesn’t switch to union.
      The Morris twins , no need to elaborate.
      Kyle absorbed so much pressure put on him and came up with the goods at crucial times.
      Keary proved again what a champion half/5/8 he is.
      SST what a workhorse.
      Friend despite his frustrated nudge that led to the penalty.
      Toupo for most of the game and his errors can be blamed on fatigue and carrying injury.
      Our young bench players who never took a backward step despite being under the pump .
      Our bloody defence that tackled so many repeated sets , showed why we are the benchmark team.
      The negatives were our errors, far too many for a roosters team that has won B2B.
      Bloody injuries. JWH, Cordner, Toupo adding time the 3 ACLs we already have and Isaac Liu makes me worried about our title defense.
      Manu’s lack of vigorous involvement.
      overall I was quite upset we lost but not enough to slash my wrists. The players gave their best despite not having the rub of the green from the red, but they stood strong and put the rest of the competition on notice that to win the title they need to go through us.
      Yeah I keep wondering about this, you have the two old Morris boys running rings around Manu in all the stats too, they should be an inspiration for him to want to get as involved as possible,

from last night,

he was the only back with no offloads(and he is awesome when he does them)

he was our only back to not even get close to 100m run(60m)

the least tackle busts

no line breaks(toops also had none)

and yet he had the 2nd equal amount of errors.

maybe latrell is right, playing center seems like a bore unless you actually give it a go like jmoz.

Comment

The players looked jaded after multiple tough games on short turnarounds. I wouldn't read too much into it. My only concern is finding an opportunity to give players like Jake a freshen up before the finals.

Also, we can do a lot better with the lock position. We lap the Storm if Radley was there.

Comment

yep manu was the biggest disappointment of the lot. the errors we're unacceptable, cords hands, toups hands at bad times, friends brainsnap in front of the posts, .

positives Angus, absolute beast, flanno, moz bros Inc, sst, keary. cords toughness despite himself, more positive then negative.

the media are hailing it the game of the century. haha.

Comment

The Brandon Smith knock on is now all over the news..... We were clearly robbed.

We played badly, too many handling errors especially from Tupou which costs us. Although we played terribly the positive we can take from this is that even if we play bad we can still win.

The only negative is that if the Smith knock On was called, we would not have to play extra time in which we would not have lost Cordner or Tupou for the Cowboys game this week.

Comment

I feel Manu being 'quiet' is due to his combo with Flanno is definitely still a work in progress - The passing just looks a bit clunky when a move is put on with Flanno going to Manu - Flanno seems to feel more comfortable/prefers the short ball option to Gus who has been benefiting from this

Comment

Both teams were the winners last night.
                Kyle kicking the goal to get it to 24 all was fantastic & Kearys field goal was magic & so was Papenhausens. If every game was played at that intensity & quality I wouldn’t miss a game.
                You cant win every game but both the MIGHTY ROOSTERS & the Storm will be there at the end if they stay fit.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
                  I feel Manu being 'quiet' is due to his combo with Flanno is definitely still a work in progress - The passing just looks a bit clunky when a move is put on with Flanno going to Manu - Flanno seems to feel more comfortable/prefers the short ball option to Gus who has been benefiting from this
                  I am wondering what has happened to Manu's footwork. He hardly ever tries to use his footwork when running at the defensive line, despite probably having the best footwork in the team. Matty Johns raised a good point a few weeks back on his show about how effective the go forward of our forwards such as SST, Liu and Sitili were because they are coached to use footwork before the line. Yet the guy who has the best footwork in the team and is in a position to potentially break the defence open if he uses it, almost always lopes straight into the defensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

I am wondering what has happened to Manu's footwork. He hardly ever tries to use his footwork when running at the defensive line, despite probably having the best footwork in the team. Matty Johns raised a good point a few weeks back on his show about how effective the go forward of our forwards such as SST, Liu and Sitili were because they are coached to use footwork before the line. Yet the guy who has the best footwork in the team and is in a position to potentially break the defence open if he uses it, almost always lopes straight into the defensive line.
                    Hmm yeah has gone missing in recent times

Could still put some of that to him getting late ball where he starts on the back foot (not sure if he is going to get it when sometimes flanno runs to close to him) or the defence has got him covered and he goes very submissive almost?

Sometimes the players with great steps (Manu, RTS, Sami etc) I think also sometimes rely too much on their footwork in traffic and overthink/do it to the point its a lot of movement but it stops momentum going forward and actually makes it easy for the defence. Sometimes they just need to use the power they obviously have to step forwards and not sideways

Manu and others like him are great with a bit of space though, they'll make sole defenders look silly and beat them or will draw them in to pass - but you wont get many opportunities like that in a game, especially against good teams like the Storm

Comment

I still haven't calmed down OMR. The Roosters supplied the nails to the drizzle and klein was the hammer. Error after error compounded by another imbalanced penalty count and sealed with more injuries.

Toops, Toops, Toops - you weren't alone.
                      Cords - you rarely offload.
                      Manu - did you play?
                      Jake - that's not captain material.

As for the drizzle:
                      finucane - piss weak diver
                      hughes - was given too much time and space
                      their bench - overpowered Easts
                      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

We could be missing Toups, Cords, Lindsay and Jared next week, so who comes in? Hall for Toups, Faarma for Jared, Aubo for Cords, Baker for Lindsay, Lam to the bench, Then we STILL NEED another TWO bench players. If these 4 are out we will be missing SEVEN of our normal first grade side to face the Cowgirls.....tough ask, especially in Townsville.
                        Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 07-03-2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

The Chooks were like butlers handing the game on a silver platter to the Storm with all those errors - 4 resulted in tries- I thought watching live that Brandon Smith dropped the ball but it was play on and now its clear he did knock on - Chooks should never have been in that position though

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                            The Chooks were like butlers handing the game on a silver platter to the Storm with all those errors - 4 resulted in tries- I thought watching live that Brandon Smith dropped the ball but it was play on and now its clear he did knock on - Chooks should never have been in that position though
                            They could have easily pinged friend for not being square on that Brandon Smith play anyway

Comment

Positives - I'm just loving watching the Morris brothers turn back the clock and in career best form. They are the form players of the comp. Freaking phenomenal last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X