Tackles 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tackles 1 and 2

After re watching the game from Friday, I particularly noticed how good our tackles 1 and 2 were. This has been the case for the last couple of years now with Toops, Teddy and Bmoz getting our sets started. They get us on the front foot almost every time with solid post contact meters and quick play the balls which creates momentum for us throughout our sets. Just feel as if it's a huge part of our recent success, hope it continues throughout the season!!

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    After re watching the game from Friday, I particularly noticed how good our tackles 1 and 2 were. This has been the case for the last couple of years now with Toops, Teddy and Bmoz getting our sets started. They get us on the front foot almost every time with solid post contact meters and quick play the balls which creates momentum for us throughout our sets. Just feel as if it's a huge part of our recent success, hope it continues throughout the season!!
    They're important ay!

A dominating hit allows everybody to get into position and they won't go more than 30-40m. Further, if you can pin them in their 10, you can really cause damage.

IMO the 6 again rule has done wonders for our gameplan coz we don't take shortcuts. It's exposing a lot of teams that relied on shortcuts.

Comment

The good wingers in todays game could play front row if they had to.

Comment

Fergo was the king of this. I thought wed be in trouble when he left but Moz does an awesome job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

The good wingers in todays game could play front row if they had to.
          Ummm no they couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Ummm no they couldn't
            Yeah na. Go tell JWH that most good wingers could do his job....

Comment

Just as good is what we do in defence when the other side has their first tackles. Almost always knock them backwards.

Comment

Ryan Hall looks big enough though.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                  He is bloody massive!

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                    Is it time for him to move into the backrow. Not necessarily here, but his strength and speed through the middle and edges might be an option for him under the current rules.

Comment

Id still love to see Ryan Hall break a tackle.

He runs a decent hit up with head buried and plays the ball ok. But a winger has to...threaten and make the defence nervous. He looks about Canterbury Cup standard in Oz to me. Which isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Id still love to see Ryan Hall break a tackle.

He runs a decent hit up with head buried and plays the ball ok. But a winger has to...threaten and make the defence nervous. He looks about Canterbury Cup standard in Oz to me. Which isn't bad.

Not really arguing for Ryan Hall here as I don't rate him too much but to be fair he does break a fair few tackles. In his 8 games with us he's averaged almost 4 a game with huge meters aswell. Still not good enough four our backline though, what a luxury we have

Comment

Not really arguing for Ryan Hall here as I don't rate him too much but to be fair he does break a fair few tackles. In his 8 games with us he's averaged almost 4 a game with huge meters aswell. Still not good enough four our backline though, what a luxury we have
                          Could be my old-schoolness...expect a good winger to challenge the opposition on their edge. Credit to his yardage though.

Comment

Let's hope Ryan can break a few tackles and finally score that elusive first try tomorrow.
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                            X