6 again rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Haven’t watched the Storm much this season but from what I saw against the raiders I thought Smith was very slow. Not sure if it’s the new rules or just that Smith has played one season too many. Can the rest of their players carry on if Smith just can’t cope? We’ll see.
    Old Smith may be to slow but Brandon would take his place quite easily

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Unless the commentators say its six again I have no idea that the tackle count has restarted. I get distracted when Im watching games & end up not knowing what tackle count it is in the set so if the TV is not turned up & I dont see the ref indicate then I have no idea what tackle it is.
      It will be even more confusing from the grand stand

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

It will be even more confusing from the grand stand
        I always have to watch a replay of the game when I get back home after attending a game because after trips to the bar trips to the bathroom talking to randoms & getting carved up by my wife I miss half the game. Im no chance of realising that the ref has called 6 again if Im at the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I always have to watch a replay of the game when I get back home after attending a game because after trips to the bar trips to the bathroom talking to randoms & getting carved up by my wife I miss half the game. Im no chance of realising that the ref has called 6 again if Im at the game.
          Don’t see how that will be any different at home
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• After seeing a few games with this new ruling, I am not convinced by it just yet.

I hope the refs get a feel for it quickly.. and I hope our coaches get a feel for what the refs are looking for.

Have seen some obvious omissions and also some penalties stifle the flow of continuous play.
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• The footy is faster, there are less stoppages, quicker play the balls, less wrestle, more footy and our very fit team seems to have adapted very well. What’s not to like?
              Last edited by Thirteen; 06-12-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• I think the new rule is great. Faster game, no more wrestle, advantage to the attacking team, more reward for holding possession.

Comment

• The rule change has made us harder to beat. And the footy hasn't been this entertaining in years.

So it's been win-win.

Comment

• Last night proved that the inconsistancies of the ref can manipulate the games intencity. The drongos couldnt get enough help last night yet manly couldnt buy a 6 again.
                    i like the lack of the wrestle .
                    Does the nrl record how many 6 again calls are awarded during games.
                    We have given 1 away so far
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

• with 6 again rather than a penalty what happens if a team looses possession and or knocks on the first tackle - does the team with the 6 again get a penalty -similar when the ref play's on and nothing happens so the ref then comes back to the place of the infringement and awards a penalty - no advantage - haven't seen all games of each round but I haven't seen a team lose possession 1st tackle when awarded 6 again- suppose there would be some sort of taking the advantage call?

Comment

• There's also got to be plenty of times when teams would prefer a penalty rather than a 6 again call. Why should the ref decide that? It could decide games. I also notice on the NRL website, the amount of six again calls given aren't in the game statistics.

Comment

• what about the proposed rule change of scorer kicks off - this is balmy - can we at least keep some of the original rules- supposedly interchange is proposed to be reduced to 6 - wont need 4 reserves - be down to 3 I suggest

Comment

• Love the new 6 again rule. Listen to some of our boys last night. They basically all said the new rules have actually benefited us. Surprising as we typically have a defensive-wrestle mindset. I'm loving it

Comment

• Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                              Love the new 6 again rule. Listen to some of our boys last night. They basically all said the new rules have actually benefited us. Surprising as we typically have a defensive-wrestle mindset. I'm loving it
                              The only coach that wanted this rule was Bennett so it could help his team with having Cook running from dummy half. Thanks Old man!

Comment

• It suits us because we are the kings of fast footy. In the past few years if you get a fast open game without much ref meddling, we just win. Skilful, fit and the best coached team in the comp with players having real clarity about their roles.

Pleasure to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X