Vale Arthur Summons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vale Arthur Summons

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/17/...-dies-aged-84/. New Arthur from his time in Wagga as the leagues clubmanager , absolute top bloke a league legend

sad news. did you know him 08? i liked how he was actually telling provan that he was a lucky so and so in the famous photo.

Comment

actually just read your post properly. yeah, you knew him.

Comment

Yes, rest in peace.

Now there's a fine achievement, a "statue' in the form of an everlasting trophy built in your honour.

Comment

RIP Arthur Summons.

There’s also a wonderful interview with Jack Gibson below in that link.

Comment

Rest in peace Arthur.

Another great Arthur lost to our game, most unfortunate.
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Rest In Peace Arthur Summons, Rugby league just lost a titan of the sport, here he is playing on a mud patch, and listen to that soft cock Cartwright, Boyd (Darius) Latrell whinging about everything I swear if I had one wish I would trade places with my grandfather and be in my 20-30’s in the 50’s and 60’s.

Comment

[QUOTE=zac;n827957]actually just read your post properly. yeah, you knew him.
                [/QUOTE
                We lived 40km from wagga for 40years , played football and went to the leagues that he managed after footy and for discos in the old days , Great bloke very down to earth .

Comment

[QUOTE=Rooster1908;n827971]
                  Originally posted by zac View Post
                  actually just read your post properly. yeah, you knew him.
                  [/QUOTE
                  We lived 40km from wagga for 40years , played football and went to the leagues that he managed after footy and for discos in the old days , Great bloke very down to earth .
                  great stuff. just read in wiki that he was born in paddo, so maybe that makes him a rooster.
                  note you call wagga wagga wagga. i only went there once, used to play in a crappy band. we had a gig at the uni.

Comment

[QUOTE=zac;n827972]
                    Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

great stuff. just read in wiki that he was born in paddo, so maybe that makes him a rooster.
                    note you call wagga wagga wagga. i only went there once, used to play in a crappy band. we had a gig at the uni.
                    This could be off-topic, or not, depending;
                    ;
                    I can never work out how musicians remember all the notes to play, and what drums to bang when.
                    Watched some Elton John videos on YouTube yesterday.
                    There he was, talked about the song then started playing the piano, and singing at the same time mind you.
                    Fingers hitting all the right notes, voice singing all the right words and notes.
                    It's 'ridiculous' no one should be able to do that.

And I can never ever ever understand how I can sit in my living room, pick up a piece of plastic, push a couple of buttons, and watch the Roosters playing in a footy match on the other side of the world, at all...let alone live, and in colour, and in High Definition colour.
                    It's 'ridiculous', that has no right to be happening, and in my lifetime too.
                    I was age 10 before tv arrived here.
                    I was 12 and still mixing up ink at school, putting it in an inkwell and dipping a nibbed pen in it with which to write.
                    Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-17-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

He was a true gladiator of our sport, unlike a certain other person that likes to be known as such.
                      MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                      much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
                        He was a true gladiator of our sport, unlike a certain other person that likes to be known as such.
                        The one who "likes to be known as such" made a lot more money.

Money isn't everything though, depending on one's point of view.

Comment

i never realised jack Gibson played for wests in that mud bath gf. nrl's website has posted a seriously good old interview with Gibson -
                          Jack Gibson revolutionised the game of rugby league. In this interview from 1995, Gibson talks about his career, his undefeated season at the helm of the Roosters, the breakthrough title win with Parramatta and the the best players he coached.

Comment

i never realised jack Gibson played for wests in that mud bath gf. nrl's website has posted a seriously good old interview with Gibson -
                            At Peter Wynn's 'Score' shop at Parra there is a plaque on the wall [ or used to be] quoting Jack Gibson:

"A player can have speed, skill, strength, and courage...but the question I ask is; can I win with him?"

Comment

Hey, there's Jack's fur coat in that interview!
                              IMAGINE if Trent were to wear a fur coat today.

Very interesting interview.
                              Very very interesting, right from the master coach's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X