Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky's Best-of-Three Grand Final Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
    The best of 1 with the kick off at 3 pm . The nrl have been trying to fix things that aren't broken for years.
    I agree with an earlier start.
    Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
      And Trent is the only coach on the NRLs panel created to devise a plan to restart the competition.

      It speaks volumes to a) his intellect and b) his selflessness. The NRL can trust Robbo to devise a plan for the benefit of the game, not just himself.

      Imagine Wayne, Bellamy or Hasler doing that. Never in a million years.

      We've never seen a coach like Robbo and never will again.

      Cherish the Robbo era and long may it last.
      I bet Wayne isn't putting his hand up for a pay cut.
      Robbos right , why with a shortened season would you extend the grand finals it doesn't make sense.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
        Why stop at 3? Why not best of 5? Or 7?

        And let's run the Melbourne Cup a few times too. And the federal election.
        Ha ha ha. Got to love the cynicism. My thoughts exactly.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
          Why stop at 3? Why not best of 5? Or 7?

          And let's run the Melbourne Cup a few times too. And the federal election.
          Melbourne cup should just keep doing laps until there is only one horse still going.

          Comment


          • #20
            Absolutely ridiculous idea.
            1 GF only, winner takes all, played on a Sunday arvo with 1 ref who is not miked up & no video ref/bunker.
            Originally posted by OMR;n823956
            You guys will soon be shot down by mickie lane for saying negative stuff about his much admired bunnies. So be gentle with your hatred for souffs as you might hurt his feelings too

            Originally posted by The Sack;n823995

            Watch out, you will get bombarded with gay and animal porn now. One sick individual.

            Comment


            • #21
              I'm not surprised Ricky want's it best of 3. He doesn't have a great record in the current format

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by milanja View Post

                Melbourne cup should just keep doing laps until there is only one horse still going.
                Slow and steady wins the race!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  Absolutely ridiculous idea.
                  1 GF only, winner takes all, played on a Sunday arvo with 1 ref who is not miked up & no video ref/bunker.
                  And no Darryl Braithwaite singing about fricken horses.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

                    And no Darryl Braithwaite singing about fricken horses.
                    Ugh. I learned my lesson after the 2018 GF and timed my halftime piss to perfection at the 2019 GF so I didn't have to endure it once more.

                    The only entertainment I get out of Daryl Braithwaite is my mate's story of his Roosters fan dad who hates Daryl because he shagged his missus at a concert way back in the day.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      Ugh. I learned my lesson after the 2018 GF and timed my halftime piss to perfection at the 2019 GF so I didn't have to endure it once more.

                      The only entertainment I get out of Daryl Braithwaite is my mate's story of his Roosters fan dad who hates Daryl because he shagged his missus at a concert way back in the day.
                      And I thought Darryl was a one hit wonder. Sounds like he had a second hit.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Absolutely not, and the last couple of threads have given me more of a reason, I detest half time entertainment, so to have 3 x half time entertainment is 3 times as much crap.
                        Are we going to bring back the idea of the minor premier challenge too.

                        Remember what happened when they changed the world club challenge to more than one game because other teams didn't like missing out. Its the same if you aren't good enough to win one (the first) GF then you aren't good enough to be called the premier team
                        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                          Absolutely not, and the last couple of threads have given me more of a reason, I detest half time entertainment, so to have 3 x half time entertainment is 3 times as much crap.
                          Are we going to bring back the idea of the minor premier challenge too.

                          Remember what happened when they changed the world club challenge to more than one game because other teams didn't like missing out. Its the same if you aren't good enough to win one (the first) GF then you aren't good enough to be called the premier team
                          I get it mate but by that logic, why play a GF? A team coming through the regular season and being just above average could jag a couple of wins in a final series and be called premiers when they were little more than average all year. Surely they wouldnt be worthy champs either?
                          Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

                            I get it mate but by that logic, why play a GF? A team coming through the regular season and being just above average could jag a couple of wins in a final series and be called premiers when they were little more than average all year. Surely they wouldnt be worthy champs either?
                            Thats exciting when I think no grandfinal half time entertainment but then I realise this is a soccer model which stinks almost as much as halftime entertainment
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

                              And I thought Darryl was a one hit wonder. Sounds like he had a second hit.
                              Sherbert mate! Dazza was a big star in the day. When he released an album in the early 90s called Taste the Salt, the staff at Sony Music refered to it as Taste the Shit.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

                                Thats exciting when I think no grandfinal half time entertainment but then I realise this is a soccer model which stinks almost as much as halftime entertainment
                                Wouldn’t know. I don’t have the slightest bit of interest in the round ball game. I would rather stick leaches in my eyes than watch that crap.
                                Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X