AFL Shutdown - why are the NRL last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chook View Post

lol @ you thinking the AFL did this because they cared about their players or the community or they are some morally superior organisation. They did this because SA and WA closed their borders, if that had not happened that stupid sport would be playing this week simpleton.

Chook.
    Exactly what I said yesterday. This was logistical decision only. Nothing more.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
      Shut it down today FFS. Its way past embarassing now.
      Give it a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

It's simple.

If the the season is postponed for as little as 3 months, the NRL as we know it is over.

At the very least, the Sharks, Wests, Titans and Warriors will probably fold. If the season gets cancelled, more will follow.

The NRL had a massive 'rainy day' account up until 2016 which could have covered a season's total loss of revenue. Dave Smith pissed it all away under the former administration.
        The NRL has been run by amateurs for years.

V'Landys is a smart operator and possibly the best Chairman the game has had since we moved to the ARL Commission structure.
        But he has basically been blindsided with a stinking turd in his lap and there isn't a great deal he can do now.
        This is 100% on the mark & I would be deverstated.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
          They’re setting a bad example of avoiding close contact. While everyone is told to avoid close contact why are NRL players exempt?
          Because they're celebrities who live in bubbles, train in bubbles and play in bubbles?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Give it a rest.
            Simple Jack you need to be quarantined. Dickhead deluxe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

This is 100% on the mark & I would be deverstated.
              I think we are all devastated. This shit is the worst event in our lives and it has just begun. Im depressed but on alert man.

Comment

6pm announcement from NRL. Trying everything even two conferences, one in Qld and one in NSW.

It would be a herculean effort to keep things going, but big kudos for giving it their all regardless of our fate.

Comment

Season suspended I'm hearing.

Comment

Its over. About time.

Comment

Working...
                    X